Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
    Nice to know that I didn’t miss any good hockey again this season.
    Nope you sure didn’t. Good to hear from you again.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      So, it's quite obvious McIntosh doesn't have the "apples" to make a move. Could've made a statement on expectations in the athletic dept.

(Or did Alvarez NOT allow him to make the move?)
      I’m sure the $2.4M buyout in what has been a tough couple Covid years has something to do with that. I suspect they will improve next year and he won’t get the axe again.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• While I'm pretty positive Granato will be back, bc of sheer afoordability of buy out and athletics still trying to climb out of hole from covid, I am still trying to figure out how the prgm achieves anything in the next 5 yrs. Even a mediocre season wont save Granato next yr. It has to be lights out, and I dont see it happening, based on what was displayed this year. And nothing next yr on the roster tells me they will be that much better. Asst AD should be fired as well, but he also oversees Womens Volleyball, so is it a wash? I dont know, but ruining a once proud prgm shouldnt wash it out in my view.

Player development, or lack thereof, has been absolutely awful over the last 6yrs. Add to the fact that TG consistently has one of the smallest and youngest teams on the ice reflects in the metrics and stats, and by correllation in the W/L column.

There's no easy answer, but someone who is genuinely dedicated to improving the prgm, player development, and keeping guys around is a start.

I'm moving a little closer and back in Big10 country this summer, so I get to see the dumpster fire a little closer up next year Yay.

Comment

• Yeah, along with Granato, Oseicki, Strobel , Assistant AD Jason King must be fired as well.

a once proud program is a joke now. Getting their doors blown off by teams who’ve navigated the “new landscape” just fine.

My family has 6 tickets, 18 rows up, center ice in lower bowl. We’ve been ticket holders since 1985.

at the very least we’ve decided to not renew 4 of those 6 seats.

I have a bit of time to think over whether the entire lot should not be renewed.

this team has a 10-14 win ceiling next year and 12-14 wins is IF every break in the world falls their way.

Granato and staff cannot win WITH talent: Turcotte, Caufield, Miller, Holloway in 19-20 season and they certainly can’t win without talent as 4 losing seasons in 6 years proves.

there’s no damn reason to retain tickets and pay $50 per seat for Badger Fund.

and speaking of Badger Fund, those fans who pay in are not allowed to get tickets to b-ball through the U for Friday. Only students who don’t pay real money can do so. That’s just another FU from the university.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I agree with everything on this particular page of the thread:
            • That video is an embarrassment
            • Granato has to go
            • Oz and King and Strobel and even Cons as well.
            • The program is now a joke
            • Almington is a Grade A poster
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• A telling sign of the internal chemistry will be if any of the current players go into the portal.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• My note to Jason King stated the neutering of Eaves with his assistants that last year did nothing except reduce the buyout and slowed the rebuild. Unfortunately, by all measurements Granato has done worse. Worse record, more losing seasons, less NCAA tourneys, worse pairwise, less butts in the seats, shrinking paid attendance that is coming (this year is going to lose a bunch of season ticket holders), etc. I just can't believe they don't see the same thing happening 6 years later... The program is running in the red and will continue to do that until they start winning year in and year out. As one of the few programs in the nation and one of three programs at UW that can contribute positive revenue (versus program expenses) to the athletic department (besides BB and football), it is imperative that we have a winning program. It's a double whammy when they run in the red. But alas as Gary Shuchuk once said, I am just an idiot fan....

Comment

• Does anyone get this tweet? https://***********/BadgerMHockey/st...81479734140932

Comment

• That tweet makes no sense...or are they trying to be metaphorical saying they are lost but will find themselves...I can't give the program that much credit for thought depth, though.

Leave it to their prgm to talk about a Disney+ series instead of focusing on hockey. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot / FUBAR / choose your acronym, this is rediculous.

Comment

• In my mind, first step is to reassign hockey to AD level and/or fire King. We havent won an NCAA tourney game in 14years. And each time got blown out since to NODAK, UMass_Lowell, and Bemidji. Brutal.

McIntosh should take a deep look at taking on the hockey prgm, and effing figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                        In my mind, first step is to reassign hockey to AD level and/or fire King. We havent won an NCAA tourney game in 14years. And each time got blown out since to NODAK, UMass_Lowell, and Bemidji. Brutal.

McIntosh should take a deep look at taking on the hockey prgm, and effing figure it out.
                        Agreed. The associate AD should have never been in charge of men’s OR women’s hockey.

Ultimately, this is on McIntosh though. He’s perpetuating the downfall of UW hockey.

we all thought Barry made the right choice (finally!!!) but now that we see it’s a mistake it should be rectified quick. But yeah, what do us (ticket buying, concessions buying, blue line, oops that’s gone) fans know, we’re idiots right?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Zoom in to the guy on the top left in the poster. He’s wearing a Wisconsin Hockey shirt. It’s just a fun tweet about the program showing up somewhere unexpected. I think some of the folks here need to step away from their anger for a little bit. Taking things a bit too serious, fellows. It’s still college hockey and they are allowed to have fun.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                            Zoom in to the guy on the top left in the poster. He’s wearing a Wisconsin Hockey shirt. It’s just a fun tweet about the program showing up somewhere unexpected. I think some of the folks here need to step away from their anger for a little bit. Taking things a bit too serious, fellows. It’s still college hockey and they are allowed to have fun.

At least I understand it now. But let's keep in mind this is the same Twitter feed that quit posting the score at Minnesota after 0-4. Never posted again in the 0-8 loss.

I got an email today from Wisconsin Athletics thanking women's hockey fans for the year. Where is that from the men's side? Never got one...... just not a great look.

Comment

• Again, you’re letting your anger get the best of you and shaping how you’re perceiving things. I received an email with almost the exact same thank you language as the women’s email (I’m a season ticket holder for both) from the men’s team on Feb. 17 - four days after the last home game. Had a video message thanking fans from Granato and a number of the seniors. Check your in box.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

At least I understand it now. But let's keep in mind this is the same Twitter feed that quit posting the score at Minnesota after 0-4. Never posted again in the 0-8 loss.

I got an email today from Wisconsin Athletics thanking women's hockey fans for the year. Where is that from the men's side? Never got one...... just not a great look.

Comment

• Anger is warranted sometimes. If Paul Christ ripped off four 5-7 seasons, one 7-5 season, and one 8-4 season, would you not have some very pointed questions amd concerns for the program?

Let's be honest though...the Wisconsin Men's Hockey twitter feed is more interested in a random Disney+ shoutout to WI than Wisconsin Hockey.

It's the bargain with the devil...the business of Wisconsin comes before the success of Wisconsin hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X