Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
    I've heard so many people talk about the NHL legacy at Wisconsin, and how many NHL draftees Granato has brought in. Those things are great, but a large part of me feels like the program has lost its way on this topic. Wisconsin has turned into a NHL training camp and I feel in some sense there really is little to no committment to the school or its success.
    I totally agree. It's a really cool biproduct of the program, but that's it. TG is selling that because it's all he has. The title montage intro at the beginning of every game is Watts counts. Just win baby.

So a miraculous win that no one saw yesterday. Seems somehow appropriate. Great to see Ess and Kehrer light the lamp and MdSP get 3 points, that's the kind of player he can be for UW.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 02-13-2022, 08:57 AM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I totally agree. It's a really cool biproduct of the program, but that's it. TG is selling that because it's all he has. The title montage intro at the beginning of every game is Watts counts. Just win baby.

So a miraculous win that no one saw yesterday. Seems somehow appropriate. Great to see Ess and Kehrer light the lamp and MdSP get 3 points, that's the kind of player he can be for UW.
      Speaking of Watts up, Watts is now second all time in points scored in NCAA women's hockey at 293. 10 points shy of #1. Really cool to see!

Comment

• I see Achan couldn't resist one more stupid hit before leaving.

Comment

• You guys really had a game going head to head with the SB?

Comment

They actually offered free tickets!!!???!!!! LOL that is pure desperation. I never thought the proud university would stoop that low.
            To be fair, it was a gesture to the Saturday night ticket holders that weren't going to to on Sunday during the super bowl. My buddy who has Saturday night seats took advantage of it and didn't go last night.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              I see Achan couldn't resist one more stupid hit before leaving.
              Yep, trying to tie the game in the last minute and good squad again! No reprimand from the head coach, ever. He now has 4 game misconducts and will be serving his 2nd automatic extra game dq the first game at Minnesota in two weeks.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                You guys really had a game going head to head with the SB?
                It was supposed to be thursday / friday, but covid protocols and a busy Kohl center moved them to Saturday and Sunday night.

Comment

• Updates after the ND Series (W 5-3 Sat, L 2-3 Sat)

Record: 9-20-3 (5-13-1-3–20 pts, 5th in Big7 (n/c))
                  USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
                  USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                  PWR: 35 of 59; (36) (+1)
                  RPI: 37; (39) (+2)
                  KRACH: 31; (33) (+2)
                  Scoring: 2.16 GPG; (2.07) (51st of 59) (+1)
                  Defense: 3.47 GAPG; (3.50) (50th of 59) (-1)
                  Save %: .899; (.898) 37th of 59 (-2)
                  Power Play Rate: 18.26% (21 of 115; (18.4%); 32nd of 59 (-1)
                  Penalty Kill Rate: 71.43% (60 of 84); (70.9%) T55th of 59 (+3)
                  Penalty Min per Game: 10.81; (10.77) 31st of 59 (1st is worst) (n/c)
                  Penalty Min: 346; (323) 23rd of 59 (1st is worst) (-1)
                  Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; (3) T13th of 59 (-1)
                  Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (2) T25th of 59 (1st is worst) (n/c)
                  Team Faceoff: 50.5%; (50.8%) T27th of 59 (-6)

This week OFF. Next games @ Minnesota: Friday 2/25 8:00 (ESPNU) and Saturday 2/26 TBD (TV TBD)

Comment

• Well Granato def threw Ahcan under the bus in his post game paper comments, but to what avail? As was stated, he has never been held accountable for his on-ice liability. Being aggressive and getting under an opponent's skin is one thing, taking unecessary hits that penalize your team further only hurt.

Also TG saying he didnt see Weissbach, PB, and especially Holloway leaving early is a joke. I think he was wholly unprepared and had no idea where points were going to come from this year. How he froze out Johnson boggles my mind.

The D completely regressed. Inamoto and Vorlicky basically out all yr and very little development of sr Forwards thruout their time.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      I see Achan couldn't resist one more stupid hit before leaving.
                      TG finally under the bussed him publicly, I hope he was doing it privately. If he is publicly criticizing players he's doing it to deflect criticism from himself. Ultimately the puck stops with him.

Great to see Matty getting things figured out on the offensive end. He was a great scorer in the USHL and he's a major piece for the future. Too bad we're down to 2 years left with him.

Comment

• Achan has always been a goon. Who was the poster who ripped me constantly when I said achan wasn’t that good? Yeah I’m in a **** mood, whoever you were please chime in.

king and McIntosh will be receiving our letter soon telling them 37 years of season ticket holding comes to an end now.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Achan has always been a goon. Who was the poster who ripped me constantly when I said achan wasn’t that good? Yeah I’m in a **** mood, whoever you were please chime in.

king and McIntosh will be receiving our letter soon telling them 37 years of season ticket holding comes to an end now.
                          He is a goon and now he doesn't even score anymore. I'm not sure Watts the point is to even play the guy anymore. Give a young guy the ice time.

Watts if they fire TG? Will you then keep the season tickets? Heck, if they fire him I might buy a pair of season tickets. Can you pick your seats when you sign up for them? I love sitting in the 3rd tier in the first row.

Comment

He is a goon and now he doesn't even score anymore. I'm not sure Watts the point is to even play the guy anymore. Give a young guy the ice time.

Watts if they fire TG? Will you then keep the season tickets? Heck, if they fire him I might buy a pair of season tickets. Can you pick your seats when you sign up for them? I love sitting in the 3rd tier in the first row.
                            I had second tier, 217 first row. Awesome seats in the corner, right above the band. My buddy who I go to Friday games with likes lower level. Can't see plays develop as well, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              I had second tier, 217 first row. Awesome seats in the corner, right above the band. My buddy who I go to Friday games with likes lower level. Can't see plays develop as well, IMO.
                              I like sitting in that same spot, just on the 3rd tier. I like it now because there's no one anywhere close to us and we can put a seat between us to spread out and relax. Of course we all hope I don't get that luxury forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                To be fair, it was a gesture to the Saturday night ticket holders that weren't going to to on Sunday during the super bowl. My buddy who has Saturday night seats took advantage of it and didn't go last night.
                                I have Friday tickets so maybe it was a gesture due to the rescheduling, but not just for Saturday ticket holders.

Comment

Working...
                                X