Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It would have been audible to those in a mostly empty rink at least.
    That is definitely true. And their attendance looked worse than Kohl Center.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      That is definitely true. And their attendance looked worse than Kohl Center.
      It's going to be hard to get to watching it with the Olympics going on and I'm behind on Goldrush.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Sounds like games might not happen Thursday / Friday. Problem is Men's and Women's BB have games Saturday and Sunday at 1 pm.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...66963157983235
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Sounds like games might not happen Thursday / Friday. Problem is Men's and Women's BB have games Saturday and Sunday at 1 pm.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...66963157983235
          It's a mess. The men should play Monday/Tuesday and leave the rest of the sports in their time slots.

Comment

It's a mess. The men should play Monday/Tuesday and leave the rest of the sports in their time slots.
            agreed, they want to try and move the women's hockey games as well.

Comment

they want to try and move the women's hockey games as well.
              Which will completely screw up my weekend plans and yes, it's all about me.

Comment

• So they are playing Saturday and Sunday vs Friday and Saturday. PLEASE honor the Sr's Saturday because they won't have enough fans there Sunday to fill LaBahn and they deserve a proper sendoff.

If any badger fan has tickets they want to give away or unload at a reduced price for the Sunday tilt, please contact me. I have no interest in watching football and I'd much rather attend a hockey game, but I'm not giving the U any more of my money. I think there is a ticket exchange thing on UW's site otherwise I can maybe check out as well.

Comment

If any badger fan has tickets they want to give away or unload at a reduced price for the Sunday tilt, please contact me. I have no interest in watching football and I'd much rather attend a hockey game, but I'm not giving the U any more of my money. I think there is a ticket exchange thing on UW's site otherwise I can maybe check out as well.
                  Just received an email from the athetic department offering up 2 free tickets to either game. I'm not sure whether or not I can transfer them to you - maybe give the ticket office a call? They'll be lucky to have 1,000 for the Sunday game I would think.

Comment

• https://madison.com/sports/college/h...pular-homepage

Article on whether changes are coming to hockey program. Reading Granatos comments... he is not going to step down. He is in denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                      https://madison.com/sports/college/h...pular-homepage

Article on whether changes are coming to hockey program. Reading Granatos comments... he is not going to step down. He is in denial.
                      What McIntosh and King said leads me to believe there will be some changes this offseason. They can't just go and say "yeah, we are gonna fire this guy" while the season is still going unless they plan on firing him in season.

Comment

• Right now they have 4 goals on 8 shots. Shots are 25-8. 4-1 lead. Crazy.

Comment

• I've heard so many people talk about the NHL legacy at Wisconsin, and how many NHL draftees Granato has brought in. Those things are great, but a large part of me feels like the program has lost its way on this topic. Wisconsin has turned into a NHL training camp and I feel in some sense there really is little to no committment to the school or its success.

Couple that with my initial findings that Big10 record is pretty bad compared to top heavy WCHA for most of the 80s/90s, and there is some historical perspective and reckoning that needs to take place. Don't forget, Notre Dame, Michigan and Mich St. were in the WCHA until 1982 season. Our records against them then and now ain't good.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

What McIntosh and King said leads me to believe there will be some changes this offseason. They can't just go and say "yeah, we are gonna fire this guy" while the season is still going unless they plan on firing him in season.
                            I agree. Maybe they will do something. I meant that Granato doesn't even acknowledge that there is something wrong with the program. Doesn't acknowledge empty kohl center. Doesn't acknowledge no final fours or playoff wins. He says "next year we will get back to where we were", like he used to have a good program and this year is an anomaly because too many guys left. Dude is in denial and I hope King and Mac and not buying this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                              https://madison.com/sports/college/h...pular-homepage

All coaches who are on the hotseat are in denial, that is their nature. They look to the future and see all rainbows and unicorns, I think they have to be programed that way. No coach is going to admit defeat. I am a little relieved they King and McIntosh at least said something.

I don't buy that he was caught off-guard by Holloway, Byce and Weissbach leaving. You have to assume Holloway being that highly drafted that one and done is going to happen and if he comes back it's a bonus. The other 2 can make a livable wage playing in the minor's if they are wanting to be done with school. They brought in Johnson who was a hundred point guy at BG and basically muted him. How does that happen? Coaching/scheme/motivation.

The game last night was late, but it was a Saturday and Sr night and attendance was horrific. That cannot be ignored. Today will set an all time low attendance record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
                                Just received an email from the athetic department offering up 2 free tickets to either game. I'm not sure whether or not I can transfer them to you - maybe give the ticket office a call? They'll be lucky to have 1,000 for the Sunday game I would think.
                                They actually offered free tickets!!!???!!!! LOL that is pure desperation. I never thought the proud university would stoop that low.

Comment

Working...
                                X