Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crainer View Post
    Gameday: Plan on going drunk again, 2-0-2 when I do so!
    I'll buy you a case every weekend if I have to. It seems to be working.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'll buy you a case every weekend if I have to. It seems to be working.
      So, the Badgers losing record to date can blamed on supply chain issues? We just need to solve at the local level, and keep the alcohol moving to Crainer!

Comment

• A lot to say that's pent up frustration.

I'm not excited about the "4 game winning streak". It's not like they beat anybody in the top 15 or so.

I'm still WAY down on this program. Although they don't miss ME, they have to be missing the thousands of fans who've given up on the program. I'm not happy to say it, but I haven't been to a game for over 3 years. I don't even watch them on TV.

Do I miss it? Of course I do, I love hockey. Just NOT this brand under this staff. As most of you know, the past 3+ years (except last season) my money has been going to chasing the Avalanche around the Midwest with MCR Jr.

Check out the current top 20 teams. The MAJORITY are big-time college hockey programs who are there more often than not. Let's face it, last year was an anomaly. No Caufield, no B16 title and he saved the coach's asses? And now Granato gets extended through 2026? What the ****? Does he have pictures or something?

Almost 30 years ago on the UWFB team, Joe Panos stated, "Why not Wisconsin?".

So why not Wisconsin hockey?

Regarding the recruiting article by Todd; We'll never know, but wouldn't it be great to know WHO the staff has contacted and the young men have said, "No thank you".
        But we hear about a kid we get who decommits from the MU RedHawks?

C'mon man.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          A lot to say that's pent up frustration.

I'm not excited about the "4 game winning streak". It's not like they beat anybody in the top 15 or so.

I'm still WAY down on this program. Although they don't miss ME, they have to be missing the thousands of fans who've given up on the program. I'm not happy to say it, but I haven't been to a game for over 3 years. I don't even watch them on TV.

Do I miss it? Of course I do, I love hockey. Just NOT this brand under this staff. As most of you know, the past 3+ years (except last season) my money has been going to chasing the Avalanche around the Midwest with MCR Jr.

Check out the current top 20 teams. The MAJORITY are big-time college hockey programs who are there more often than not. Let's face it, last year was an anomaly. No Caufield, no B16 title and he saved the coach's asses? And now Granato gets extended through 2026? What the ****? Does he have pictures or something?

Regarding the recruiting article by Todd; We'll never know, but wouldn't it be great to know WHO the staff has contacted and the young men have said, "No thank you".

C'mon man.
          All legit points. I just can't cut the cord. Enjoy the Avalanche. They've got some young stud, right? (I am a very casual NHL fan)

Comment

• Ped St. coming up next. Hopefully special teams continues to play decently.

I think Ahcan has to realize he needs to play with a more control of his body on his checks. There is plenty of film on how to hit and not get a penalty.

Comment

• Game Day! Have some traveling tonight, so probably can't keep the run going. Someone want to take my place?

Comment

• 01/21/2022

Updates after the MSU series (W 5-2 Fri, W 3-2 Sat)

Record: 8-13-3 (4-7-1-2–16 pts, 5th in Big7 (+1))
                USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
                USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                PWR: 35 of 59; (38) (+3)
                RPI: 35; (39) (+4)
                KRACH: 30; (33) (+3)
                Scoring: 2.12 GPG; (1.95) (49th of 59) (+1)
                Defense: 3.04 GAPG; (3.14) (34th of 59) (+6)
                Save %: .906; (.904) T22nd of 59 (+3)
                Power Play Rate: 16.9% (15 of 89; (14.3%); 39th of 59 (+7)
                Penalty Kill Rate: 72.13% (44 of 61); (69.64%) 57th of 59 (+1)
                Penalty Min per Game: 10.21; (10.0) T42nd of 59 (1st is worst) (-3)
                Penalty Min: 245; (220) 28th of 59 (1st is worst) (-1)
                Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; (3) T9th of 59 (-3)
                Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (2) T19th of 59 (1st is worst) (+4)
                Team Faceoff: 51.2%; (51.0%) T18th of 59 (+3)

This week @Ped State Friday 6pm (BTN+ only) and Saturday 5 pm (BTN+ only)
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Game Day! Have some traveling tonight, so probably can't keep the run going. Someone want to take my place?
                  I'll take one for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    A lot to say that's pent up frustration.

C'mon man.
                    I’m with you on all of this. There will be less than 2,000 per game if they keep Granato. Which I guess they are. I’ve lost interest to the point where I don’t read articles, have 0 idea of recruiting because it doesn’t matter with this staff and I’m just tired of the state of the program for most of the last 26 years.

I just don’t care anymore. Until a change happens I’ll be mostly lurking once in a while. I even forgot they had a game tonight.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Game Day! Have some traveling tonight, so probably can't keep the run going. Someone want to take my place?
                      So clearly I did not drink enough, your capacity must be amazing.

Of course gotta yank Moe once you hit that 3 goal threshold. I give TG credit for having so much self control not to yank him last time he gave up 3. It's just so amazing that yanking the goalie after 3 turns around every singe game without doubt that he does that in. Watts a genius he is. Maybe if he yanks them after 2 they won't lose another game all year that yanking concept is so effective.

Comment

• Have to decide by March on renewing season tickets. I haven’t been in our seats in 4 years. It’s probably time to let go of the past and not renew and tell the U exactly why we’re giving up seats we’ve had since 1985.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I don't even know Watts to say. They poop their breezers in the first period but escape 0-0, get outshot 14-2. That is a historically bad period, maybe the worst of all time. And it was probably the most crucial period of the season after losing Friday. They needed to hammer it and try and get a split. Instead they come out as flat as possible. Ok, fine, escape the worst period in UW hockey history being tied, come out in the second and get it done, flip the script. Nope, get outshot 17-10 and allow 3. Then in the 3rd period after they claw their way back in, they take terrible penalties and get destroyed. To me this is a clear indicator the coaches have lost the team. These guys are clueless how to motivate the team. TG, be a true leader and step aside. I know you are a fighter, but you have to see you don't have the answers. It won't save the season, but it will save the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I don't even know Watts to say. They poop their breezers in the first period but escape 0-0, get outshot 14-2. That is a historically bad period, maybe the worst of all time. And it was probably the most crucial period of the season after losing Friday. They needed to hammer it and try and get a split. Instead they come out as flat as possible. Ok, fine, escape the worst period in UW hockey history being tied, come out in the second and get it done, flip the script. Nope, get outshot 17-10 and allow 3. Then in the 3rd period after they claw their way back in, they take terrible penalties and get destroyed. To me this is a clear indicator the coaches have lost the team. These guys are clueless how to motivate the team. TG, be a true leader and step aside. I know you are a fighter, but you have to see you don't have the answers. It won't save the season, but it will save the program.
                            Agree, Saturday was truly awful. I listen to the pregame show and hear "we've been playing great for months, and we are finally getting rewarded," blah blah blah. Who really believes that? I see the product on the ice and I think it's the twilight zone. It's politician talk. All bologna! There are so many areas that are deficient, I don't know where to start. Once these recruits realize that the talk is all smoke and mirrors and they stop coming, Tony's teams will collapse even further. I've had it.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Nobody probably cares:

Updates after the Penn State series (L 1-4 Fri, L 2-7 Sat)

Record: 8-15-3 (4-9-1-2–16 pts, 5th in Big7 (n/c))
                              USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
                              USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                              PWR: 38 of 59; (35) (-3)
                              RPI: 38; (35) (-3)
                              KRACH: 33; (30) (-3)
                              Scoring: 2.08 GPG; (2.12) (52nd of 59) (-3)
                              Defense: 3.23 GAPG; (3.04) (43rd of 59) (-9)
                              Save %: .904; (.906) 28th of 59 (-6)
                              Power Play Rate: 17.0% (16 of 94; (16.9%); 38th of 59 (+1)
                              Penalty Kill Rate: 70.59% (48 of 68); (72.13%) 58th of 59 (-1)
                              Penalty Min per Game: 9.96; (10.21) T43rd of 59 (1st is worst) (+1)
                              Penalty Min: 259; (245) 29th of 59 (1st is worst) (-1)
                              Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; (3) T11th of 59 (-2)
                              Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (2) T23rd of 59 (1st is worst) (+4)
                              Team Faceoff: 50.9%; (51.2%) T23rd of 59 (-5)

This week Michigan Friday 6pm (Bally sports Wisconsin) and Saturday 8 pm (BTN)

Comment

• I looked at the historical pairwise year by year for Granato:

2016-17 18 of 60

2017-18 26 of 60

2018-19 27 of 60

2019-20 32 of 60

2020-21 8 of 51

2021-22 38 of 59

Average pairwise for Wisconsin under Granato: 25 (24.8). Disturbing trend of pairwise going down year to year, other than last year, which appears to be the exception, and not the norm. One playoff team in 6 years with two #1 draft picks on that squad.

My questions for Christ McIntosh is being 25th of roughly 60 teams satisfactory?

Comment

Working...
                                X