Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games postponed for this weekend per Todd Milewski:

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...32602080133124
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Games postponed for this weekend per Todd Milewski: https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...32602080133124
      Ugh. Gotta keep the super fit/healthy/vaxed players safe! LOL.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Games are back on, Saturday & Sunday, the new 5 day rule saves the day. From Watts I read, it probably won't be a full squad. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Games are back on, Saturday & Sunday, the new 5 day rule saves the day. From Watts I read, it probably won't be a full squad. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
          I give Tony credit for playing, but that probably means 2 losses. We'll see. I'll be there Sunday.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• I think Saturday Moe had enough rust to cost UW 2 goals. He had not practiced all week. It was Johnson's best game as a Badger. Really sad the game slipped away.

O for on the pp today was brutal and 1 for 11 is terrible for the weekend.

Achan is a goon.

I hate when tg says they deserved better or the game was taken away etc. They control thier own destiny every game. Coaches gotta get the players in positions to succeed.

Comment

I think Saturday Moe had enough rust to cost UW 2 goals. He had not practiced all week. It was Johnson's best game as a Badger. Really sad the game slipped away.

O for on the pp today was brutal and 1 for 11 is terrible for the weekend.

Achan is a goon.

I hate when tg says they deserved better or the game was taken away etc. They control thier own destiny every game. Coaches gotta get the players in positions to succeed.
              1 point out of 6 this weekend. Agree on Saturday with Moe. I didn't go Sunday (under the weather), but they said there was about 1,000 people at the Kohl Center. Ouch.

Comment

1 point out of 6 this weekend. Agree on Saturday with Moe. I didn't go Sunday (under the weather), but they said there was about 1,000 people at the Kohl Center. Ouch.
                It looked very empty on TV. Posick and Brophy made a interesting observation that their D, other than CC, suck offensively. That could be a bigger factor than I had considered. They don't need 6 Brendan Smiths or Sean Hills, but they need to have 1 really good offensive one, a couple who are assist rackers and 3 other solid guys. Of course if the F's aren't scoring and the PP sucks, it's hard for the D to rack up apples too. It's just a trainwreck.

Comment

• Interest is hot and heavy in this thread! LOL.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...58061a210.html

Good article from Todd. Wheels will come off for the staff when recruits realize what they are hearing, may not come to fruition.... so to speak.

Comment

• In case anybody cares, I put this together. Last updated after Penn State for reference:

Updates after the Ohio State series (L 3-5 Sat, 2-2 T / OTL Sun)

Record: 6-13-3 (2-7-1-2–10 pts, 6th in Big7 (n/c))
                    USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
                    USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                    PWR: 38 of 59; (38) (n/c)
                    RPI: 39; (38) (-1)
                    KRACH: 33; (30) (-3)
                    Scoring: 1.95 GPG; (1.83) (50th of 59) (+3)
                    Defense: 3.14 GAPG; (3.22) (40th of 59) (+2)
                    Save %: .904; (.903) T25th of 59 (+3)
                    Power Play Rate: 14.3% (11 of 77; (15.9%); 46th of 59 (-4)
                    Penalty Kill Rate: 69.64% (39 of 56); (65.96%) 58th of 59 (+1)
                    Penalty Min per Game: 10.0; (10.61) T45th of 59 (1st is worst) (+9)
                    Penalty Min: 220; (191) 29th of 59 (1st is worst) (+1)
                    Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; (2) T6th of 59 (+5)
                    Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (2) T15th of 59 (1st is worst) (+3)
                    Team Faceoff: 51.0%; (51.8%) 21st of 59 (-2)

Comment

Interest is hot and heavy in this thread! LOL.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...58061a210.html

Good article from Todd. Wheels will come off for the staff when recruits realize what they are hearing, may not come to fruition.... so to speak.
                      The recruits don't know the former scoring prowess of many of these players that they had previously to coming to UW to wonder where has it gone. Also, these guys may be thinking "Oh Sheet", but they aren't going to tell the newspaper anything. They will send the staff a text saying they are going somewhere else out of the blue. You know other coaches are all over the highly regarded players, throwing how bad the team is in front of them. Why wouldn't they? I would not be shocked to see some guys jump ship. The record is 2-2-2 over the last 6, but they aren't scoring goals, that is the problem.

Call me crazy, but I might go the the game Saturday. The women's series is cancelled and I need hockey BAD! My daughter and I will sit in our own 300 section alone again, pretty cool, yet sad. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Well I bought 2 tickets to paradise, er the Saturday men's game. I feel about the men's hockey team like The Offspring song Self Esteem (one of my favorite songs of all time). One of my favorite lines...."Now I know I should say no, but its kind of hard when she's ready to go."

Comment

Well I bought 2 tickets to paradise, er the Saturday men's game. I feel about the men's hockey team like The Offspring song Self Esteem (one of my favorite songs of all time). One of my favorite lines...."Now I know I should say no, but its kind of hard when she's ready to go."
                          I am sure you will have fun plus its with your daughter!

Comment

• Gameday: Plan on going drunk again, 2-0-2 when I do so!

Comment

• Sweep! Nice.

Comment

I am sure you will have fun plus its with your daughter!
                                Maddy loves going to games with me. She is my hockey buddy.

Hey a sweep! The PP worked at totally crucial times, sealing the game Friday and winning it on Saturday. They are kinda coming around I think. They played a solid game yesterday, of course the 2 bad plays off faceoffs ended up in the net, but Moe cleaned up the rest. MdSP, Johnson and Bantle are rising to the top as we hoped they would, just 2 months later than hoped. Corson seems to be everywhere at times in a good way, and his teammates cover as we would want to see. Still has an oops occasionally, he will grow out of those.

Reffing was trash. I don't think either 5 minute yesterday was even a penalty. It's like a big hit rattles a guy's head against the glass and its a penalty. MdSP gets pushed into the goalie, falls on him and gets called for roughing? Watts was he supposed to do? Ice slippery and he's wearing skates. There was a crosscheck called yesterday on UW that was the weakest crosscheck called in the history of the sport. They would not have called that in a women's game.

There were a few maybe 8 very vocal MSU students in the 3rd tier behind the creatures and there was a great interaction between them and the creatures. Lots of funny stuff. And the band was there! Whoot!

Comment

Working...
                                X