Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Anybody at the Fiserv? I totally forgot about the game. I see they just won in OT. Attendance? Sounds like a funeral home.
    Attendance listed at 6500ish. The bowl looked decently occupied.

The place would have exploded had Merch not whiffed on a wide open net on a back door rebound in the first period. WIDE OPEN. That would have got the juices flowing.

Moe was great. The PP was not. The 5 minute PP was a trainwreck. Laastch looked really uncomfortable in the N zone. Great to see Urdahl get his first and MDSP get one, he's a guy who needs to produce.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Anybody at the Fiserv? I totally forgot about the game. I see they just won in OT.

Attendance? Sounds like a funeral home.
      Tim summed it up pretty good. I was there. Dead crowd. 6,500 announced attendance, so 5,000 in the seats, something like that. They played down to Yale, and almost gave it away in the last minute when Ceulemans got tossed like a rag doll and gave up a 1 on none, but Roe was very good all game. Chick-fil-a was hot and a nice find for eating. Like at the Kohl center lots of food stands were closed.

We got two from way out against their goalie that I am sure he would like to have back.

We're going back today. Fiserv is very nice.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Oh and we need OT to beat the 58th pairwise team of 59 (they have since moved to 59). We jump to Providence at 16 tonight who throttled Bowling Green who is at 28. For note we are at 37 right now.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Providence at 16 tonight who throttled Bowling Green who is at 28.
          I guess. But, to be fair, the PC vs BGSU game was 2-2 with a minute left in the second period and BG outshot them by a decent margin for the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

I guess. But, to be fair, the PC vs BGSU game was 2-2 with a minute left in the second period and BG outshot them by a decent margin for the game.
            To be fair, I didn't see the game due to weather slowing down travel. But it was 5-2 and then and added EN to 6-2. The Badgers outshoot opponents all the time but many times the quality of those shots is not great. I predict Wisconsin to lose, but who knows which team will show up.

Comment

They played down to Yale, and almost gave it away in the last minute when Ceulemans got tossed like a rag doll and gave up a 1 on none, but Roe was very good all game. Chick-fil-a was hot and a nice find for eating. Like at the Kohl center lots of food stands were closed.
              Yeah that would have been UGLY. His end to end rush during the 3 on 3 was a thing of beauty. The burst of speed to turn the corner was great, very deceptive speed change there.

Comment

. They played down to Yale
                Or was it just an even match? LOL I am shocked UW is 37 in the pairwise. I would have thought upper 40's.

Comment

• That was a great game and they won the Holiday Faceoff!
                  Last edited by digitalbooya; 12-29-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    That was a great game and they won the Holiday Faceoff!
                    I thought Providence looked quicker and more aggressive at times, but UW got some key goals when they needed them. Corson made some fantastic plays and had a few ooops as well, but he is an exciting player whose ooops to wows ratio will improve over time. I hope UW has him for next season. Moe looked very good again. He should have been named goalie of the tourney, he beat the other guy straight up! MDSP potted another and was named F of the tourney, which was interesting. I thought the Hatty guy from Prov was going to get it. MDSP was fast and physical, which made me wonder where has this been all season? If they can get Stange going that would be great. He, MDSP and Urdahl are key long term players. I still don't understand how Johnson is not doing anything offensively with his history. 2 goals a game is not going to cut it long term, but at least Moe is able to keep them in the fight and they can enjoy some positive thoughts heading into the next series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I thought Providence looked quicker and more aggressive at times, but UW got some key goals when they needed them. Corson made some fantastic plays and had a few ooops as well, but he is an exciting player whose ooops to wows ratio will improve over time. I hope UW has him for next season. Moe looked very good again. He should have been named goalie of the tourney, he beat the other guy straight up! MDSP potted another and was named F of the tourney, which was interesting. I thought the Hatty guy from Prov was going to get it. MDSP was fast and physical, which made me wonder where has this been all season? If they can get Stange going that would be great. He, MDSP and Urdahl are key long term players. I still don't understand how Johnson is not doing anything offensively with his history. 2 goals a game is not going to cut it long term, but at least Moe is able to keep them in the fight and they can enjoy some positive thoughts heading into the next series.
                      It was a OT win versus the worst team (pairwise) in college hockey and a shootout "win" over the 16th in pairwise. Record wise it counts as a win and tie. LOL.

Agree with you that 5 on 5, Providence was the better team. We got the lucky deflection goal. Second goal was good hard work, that we don't see enough.

Ceulemans is just such a defensive liability, it's a travesty he got best defenseman, as him winning had nothing to do with defense. To be fair, I am a Ryan McDounagh & Ty Emberson type of defenseman fan.....

The 3 on 3 highlighted the skill and speed of the Badgers, but 5 on 5 Providence was the better team. Tony's responsibility is to get those guys to play like a team, and he has not found that recipe enough, and the record over his tenure shows that.

Comment

• And it was great to beat the goalie named Stauber, the kid of the rodent dude.

Comment

• Well, a nice typical January hockey weekend coming up with OSU in town. The more interesting thing than the scores of the games will be the attendance. I wonder why the 311-316 and 210-216 sections are completely blocked out as in either full or not for sale. 113-117 is the same way, but that would be for the students and the band. Do they have THAT many student tickets sold for the 300 and 200 areas to be blocked out? That would be 4x the 100 area they typically fill.

Comment

Well, a nice typical January hockey weekend coming up with OSU in town. The more interesting thing than the scores of the games will be the attendance. I wonder why the 311-316 and 210-216 sections are completely blocked out as in either full or not for sale. 113-117 is the same way, but that would be for the students and the band. Do they have THAT many student tickets sold for the 300 and 200 areas to be blocked out? That would be 4x the 100 area they typically fill.
                            Those are all the student sections. It's never been full for many many years.....

Comment

Those are all the student sections. It's never been full for many many years.....
                              I have never noticed that before. Not that demand is that high for non-student sales, but maybe they would want to release a bunch of those for regular sales.

Comment

I have never noticed that before. Not that demand is that high for non-student sales, but maybe they would want to release a bunch of those for regular sales.
                                I had my seats in 217 for many years. I liked that being next to the students and above the band, but gave them up under Eaves. Now I only go to Friday games and sit in 112. The lack of attendance, boring atmosphere, and boring / losing hockey has sucked the life out of the Kohl Center. Without the student section it would be completely dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X