Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I can only offer my 2 cent best guess but we lost our TOP 8 players to graduation, Covid protocols and nobody seemed to step up to be THE guy to make things happen for the team so they tanked. Just didn't see any of the previous season's chemistry. We got some nice pickups in the portal this year and some talented freshmen stepping up seems to be the difference this season. I was worried early on how we'd be this season but after the thumping we gave Michigan Saturday I think we can match play or better with anyone again.
    ​​​​​
    That's Watts I was looking for, he had solid records the other years so last year was just one of "those" seasons and not a trend. Knowing this, I would not object to him getting an interview to replace TG. He would need to bring Miller with him.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• The attendance at the Holiday tournament will be fascinating. I've seen ads on TV and Kwik Trip is playing the same ad in their stores. I hope it is decent for the sake of all the corporate partners or it will just die again. I wonder if the casual Milwaukee Metro fans are in the know about how poorly the team is playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        The attendance at the Holiday tournament will be fascinating. I've seen ads on TV and Kwik Trip is playing the same ad in their stores. I hope it is decent for the sake of all the corporate partners or it will just die again. I wonder if the casual Milwaukee Metro fans are in the know about how poorly the team is playing.
        I am going with 3 others but we are the few faithful that remain I suppose.....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I am going with 3 others but we are the few faithful that remain I suppose.....
          When I go to ticketmaster, I only see the 4pm games listed to buy tickets for, not the 7:30 ones. Does that mean they are sold out? It looks like they are limiting the 4pm games to the lower bowl only. There are tons of seat available for those, like maybe 60% open.

Comment

When I go to ticketmaster, I only see the 4pm games listed to buy tickets for, not the 7:30 ones. Does that mean they are sold out? It looks like they are limiting the 4pm games to the lower bowl only. There are tons of seat available for those, like maybe 60% open.
            There are only 1 ticket for both games of the day. So that makes sense. I had to look up my tickets.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              There are only 1 ticket for both games of the day. So that makes sense. I had to look up my tickets.
              That is not clear at all. All it shows as is 4pm games, it should say 4PM & 7:30PM or BOTH. If that is the case, it's an attendance disaster.

Comment

That is not clear at all. All it shows as is 4pm games, it should say 4PM & 7:30PM or BOTH. If that is the case, it's an attendance disaster.
                I think they are for both games, but you are right, it doesn't say that at all. That's a marketing disaster. So for your $16 to $41 you are getting 2 games, but how would you know?

Does an "attendance disaster" surprise you? It doesn't for me. I've not seen any advertising for it other than during hockey broadcasts.

Comment

Players not giving 100% is an indictment of the coaches as much as it is the players. The coaches need to figure out how to extract performance, especially at this level.
                  He hasn't been able to figure it out on consistent basis in 6 years. You think he's going to magically be able to figure it out now? Seems like the Athletic Department thinks that Granato is close and just needs to change a few things and then everything will be ok. Uhhh no. This change would have happened in year 2 or 3.

It's enevitable that Granato won't ever win and will leave the program. There is no point in waiting. The writing is on the wall in bright pink bold letters. Its like the silent pink elephant in the room that the athletic department won't acknowledge. Need to change coaches before the program gets any lower.

Comment

• So.....who's a volleyball fan tonight?
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      So.....who's a volleyball fan tonight?
                      The correct answer was "All Badger fans are volleyball fans tonight!"

Congratulations to Wisconsin Women's' Volleyball team for winning the NCAA National Championship! I told my wife during the last volley of the 5th set that watching volleyball was way too intense for me! lol
                      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

The correct answer was "All Badger fans are volleyball fans tonight!"

Congratulations to Wisconsin Women's' Volleyball team for winning the NCAA National Championship! I told my wife during the last volley of the 5th set that watching volleyball was way too intense for me! lol
                        I was so nervous Thursday night and Saturday night. Just unbelievable level of play really from UW, Louisville and Nebraska. What a final four! And Congrats to the Ladies Volleyball! Between Women's Hockey and Volleyball they have some really great teams over the last 5 years plus!

Comment

I too cannot watch them, way too intense. It's like NHLer's playing cross-ice hockey, you could never relax even for a few seconds.

Comment

• We've got a game tonight. TG's motivational strategy (paraphrased) is play these games like they are playing for the Stanley Cup. If dudes are not playing hard, just bench them. Play with 8F and 4 D if you have to.

Yale started out 0-6 but is on fire at 3-1 over the last 4 games. They are 0-4 on the road. Their powerplay is worse than us! 2%! 1 for 40. WOW. PK is 90%, which is very good. Let's go RED!

Comment

• BA sighting on my bike ride a few days ago down here in SWFL. Let me know if you'd like me to pass along a message to him while he's in good spirits enjoying the FL sunshine.

Comment

• Anybody at the Fiserv? I totally forgot about the game. I see they just won in OT.

Attendance? Sounds like a funeral home.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X