• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day! I'm going drunk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crainer View Post
      Game Day! I'm going drunk!
      Most likely advisable since the atmosphere won’t be fantastic.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• On a sad note I talked to Mrs Phil at the game tonight. Both her and Phil have serious health issues and honestly they could both use your prayers.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          On a sad note I talked to Mrs Phil at the game tonight. Both her and Phil have serious health issues and honestly they could both use your prayers.
          Gosh, that just cuts right through a guy. Consider it done.

I nice win by the lads last night. PP and PK both worked, Moe was really good, responsible D play. Great to see the guys who you would expect to score and make plays do so. I don't think I have seen a UW F develop like I have seen Baker in years. He made some very deft plays that created chances. How about the dive by Autio? I re-wound and slow-mo'ed it. That was clear embellishment and Watts Ahcan did wasn't even a penalty. And the fact the refs missed the face mask major initially (according to the tv broadcast), was horrible. I still don't understand why Stange was in the box, apparently serving another concurrent penalty on Achan?? Was he serving the 2 on Achan while Achan was serving the 10 at the same time?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Most entertaining game this year imo. They played well and I can’t stand Ped state and their coach. We’ll see if they can do it two games in a row.

Comment

• Outshot 42-12 after 2 periods? I just can’t stand this, it’s like 1997 era Sauer.

ped state just isn’t that good. Blah blah blah fire them all McIntosh. My dad is signing off our season tickets to me and I don’t see a reason to renew.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Well a heck of a comeback, only to be undone by a bad D zone play in OT. The 3 players out there have to know that you can't have 2 defenders going to the same guy.
                Being honest the 3rd and 4th goals were seeing eye goals where there was traffic, but they were due for a few of those.

I listened to the first 2 periods on the radio and Vogel/Perrin sure did call out weak effort at times, and TG basically threw the whole team under the bus postgame. Players not giving 100% is an indictment of the coaches as much as it is the players. The coaches need to figure out how to extract performance, especially at this level. His comment about wanting to yank a goalie for giving up 3 or 4 goals just reinforces he has no clue how to manage goalies.

McIntosh gave TG the old vote of confidence in the paper today (and said he'd never force staff changes on a head coach), but he needs for data on hockey attendance to get to the bottom of Watts is going on there. The interviewer should have asked why he canned the soccer coach and how does that situation differ from the hockey situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  McIntosh gave TG the old vote of confidence in the paper today (and said he'd never force staff changes on a head coach), but he needs for data on hockey attendance to get to the bottom of Watts is going on there. The interviewer should have asked why he canned the soccer coach and how does that situation differ from the hockey situation.
                  Do you think Timothy that a coaching change is inevitable this season or right after?
                  You couldn't get coaches more dedicated to Wisconsin but something just isn't working. If they do start looking please stay away from Rhols!
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-12-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Do you think Timothy that a coaching change is inevitable this season or right after?
                    You couldn't get coaches more dedicated to Wisconsin but something just isn't working. If they do start looking please stay away from Rhols!
                    I know you asked Tim, but here is my less than $0.02 opinion.

You're right, it just isn't working. However, I highly doubt he will be fired this off-season (even though it is time), and no chance it happens in season.

I'm for going outside of UW for a coach, a complete rebuild from the ground up, so that leaves no Rohlik. But if he is interested, I am guessing there would be interest from UW.

Comment

You're right, it just isn't working. However, I highly doubt he will be fired this off-season (even though it is time), and no chance it happens in season.

I'm for going outside of UW for a coach, a complete rebuild from the ground up, so that leaves no Rohlik. But if he is interested, I am guessing there would be interest from UW.
                      Appreciate any and all insights!

Comment

• Updates after the Penn State series (W 4-1 Fri, L 5-4 Sat)

Record: 5-12-1 (2-7-1-1 – 9 pts, 6th in Big7 (n/c))
                        USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
                        USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                        PWR: 38 of 59; (42) (+5)
                        RPI: 39; (42) (+3)
                        KRACH: 30; (34) (+4)
                        Scoring: 1.83 GPG; (1.56) (53rd of 59) (+2)
                        Defense: 3.22 GAPG; (3.25) (42th of 59) (-4)
                        Save %: .903; (.898) T28th of 59 (+5)
                        Power Play Rate: 15.9% (10 of 63); (11.3%); 42nd of 59 (+11)
                        Penalty Kill Rate: 65.96% (31 of 47); (63.64%) 59th of 59 (n/c)
                        Penalty Min per Game: 10.61; (11.19) 36th of 59 (1st is worst) (+6)
                        Penalty Min: 191; (179) 28th of 59 (1st is worst) (+10)
                        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 2; (2) T11th of 59 (-4)
                        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (2) T12th of 59 (1st is worst) (+3)
                        Team Faceoff: 51.8%; (53.3%) 19th of 59 (-8)

Comment

You have it nailed down. I'm 95% confident TG will be back next year.

When it does come down to a new coach, Rohlik would probably be the best UW product for the job, aside from Donnie Granato. He's been solid at OSU, aside from last year's team (Watts happened last year Hockeybuckeye??) They should definitely find someone who is a proven smaller school D1 coach or a D3 guy and lure him to UW. You can embrace the UW history with a non-UW guy, that's Watts the Marketing Dept. is for. Get a coach who focusses 100% on coaching and not all the peripheral u rah rah Wisconsin stuff. Winning puts butts in seats. That's it.

Comment

You have it nailed down. I'm 95% confident TG will be back next year.

When it does come down to a new coach, Rohlik would probably be the best UW product for the job, aside from Donnie Granato. He's been solid at OSU, aside from last year's team (Watts happened last year Hockeybuckeye??) They should definitely find someone who is a proven smaller school D1 coach or a D3 guy and lure him to UW. You can embrace the UW history with a non-UW guy, that's Watts the Marketing Dept. is for. Get a coach who focusses 100% on coaching and not all the peripheral u rah rah Wisconsin stuff. Winning puts butts in seats. That's it.
                            Don didn't like some of the NCAA rules (practice / contact and/or recruiting as I remember it), or at least that has been rumored. Which is supposedly why he left after one year.

Comment

(Watts happened last year Hockeybuckeye??)
                              I can only offer my 2 cent best guess but we lost our TOP 8 players to graduation, Covid protocols and nobody seemed to step up to be THE guy to make things happen for the team so they tanked. Just didn't see any of the previous season's chemistry. We got some nice pickups in the portal this year and some talented freshmen stepping up seems to be the difference this season. I was worried early on how we'd be this season but after the thumping we gave Michigan Saturday I think we can match play or better with anyone again.
                              ​​​​​
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-13-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Chris Brooks or Tim Coghlin. If they have a losing record this season somebody needs to be let go. You can't keep throwing the same thing out there and expecting a different result. Outside of one outlier season with two superstar underclassmen, this team has a cumulative record of 33-50-8 in three of the last four seasons. That's right around .400 for win percentage. This trio has been given plenty of opportunity and something needs to change.

Comment

Working...
                                X