No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG said they had hoped to use this game to get some confidence and a as a spring board to get the ball rolling. The players didn't play like that defensively allowing 4 breakaways. PP 0-5 and allowed a shorty. PK was 3-3. This was not going to be an easy game, but I was not expecting the lapse in D play (which has been good recently) and it would have have been great to see a PPG or 2.

Max Johnson had 122 pts in 4 years at Bowling Green. He has the most points of any returning player on the team. Why is he not a fixture in the UW line-up in the top 2 lines and on the PP? He's only played in 10 games.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      lindmark, turcotte, miller and more have been or were stymied or didn’t grow due to an ineffective coaching staff.
      How was Miller SO bad with UW and yet plays all the time for the Rangers now? Were the coaches suppressing his talent somehow? When we left I would have said if he get a cup of coffee in the NHL he will be lucky. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        TG said they had hoped to use this game to get some confidence and a as a spring board to get the ball rolling. The players didn't play like that defensively allowing 4 breakaways. PP 0-5 and allowed a shorty. PK was 3-3. This was not going to be an easy game, but I was not expecting the lapse in D play (which has been good recently) and it would have have been great to see a PPG or 2.

Max Johnson had 122 pts in 4 years at Bowling Green. He has the most points of any returning player on the team. Why is he not a fixture in the UW line-up in the top 2 lines and on the PP? He's only played in 10 games.
        6 breakaways allowed, not 4. Absolutely can't happen. And another shorty given up.

Garrity should be in the rotation based on last night.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Tim do you have auto correct What's to Watts for Ms. Daryl?
          No but I should. I've been doing it on the women's forum all season and the posters over there seem to like to give me a little gas about it, and I enjoy rubbing it in, which we all enjoy as a group. I'm ever going back that What again on here. When I am doing a professional email I actually have to think about which version to type LOL. That's probably not a good thing.

Comment

6 breakaways allowed, not 4. Absolutely can't happen. And another shorty given up.

Garrity should be in the rotation based on last night.
            Wow, worse than I read. It's good to know there is some depth there. And good for him to get to play against maybe the most talented line-up UW will play all season from line 1 to 4.

Comment

Wow, worse than I read. It's good to know there is some depth there. And good for him to get to play against maybe the most talented line-up UW will play all season from line 1 to 4.
              To be fair, I am going off what Perrin and Posick said about 6 breakaways.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

To be fair, I am going off what Perrin and Posick said about 6 breakaways.
                I feel bad for Posick. He has to tow the company line and rah rah with the excuse O rama wheel.

Comment

I feel bad for Posick. He has to tow the company line and rah rah with the excuse O rama wheel.
                  They had his radio call as the BTN+ video broadcast, and he is so good at calling hockey. I also love the home games as Perrin is the color guy and he is great too.
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 12-03-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

They had his radio call as the BTN+ video broadcast, and he is so good at calling hockey. I also love the home games as Perrin is the color guy and he is great too.
                    They are an excellent duo. I really like Vogel's call as well when Brian is doing the Bally broadcasts.

Let's crack some rodent skulls tonight ladies!

Comment

gwhinwi, I hope you are alright and thanks much for all your efforts over the years. I think slower updates is totally fine and hope you find your way back more often in the future. Good luck!
                      I'll second these sentiments.

Comment

• Don is doing very well according to Sabre nation: https://www.diebytheblade.com/platfo...n-dylan-cozens
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Don is doing very well according to Sabre nation: https://www.diebytheblade.com/platfo...n-dylan-cozens
                          There were some haters when he got the gig (like there always are), but we knew this was very possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            So, this is something that I've been debating doing for a while, but I'm hanging it up here (for reasons I'll keep to myself.)

Over the past few months, I've almost stopped participating on the site and have stopped using most social media (which is why the recruiting spreadsheet updates have been much slower as it's more of a manual effort now to find out when players are signing and what not.)

I'll most likely continue working with the spreadsheet (with the slower updates,) because I enjoy the process, but it'll be up to the rest of you to post the links to it and such.

If someone wants to copy all of the info and start working on it for themselves, I would be totally fine with that also.

Thanks again to all of you for your help and support throughout the years.

It's been an interesting 18 years here and perhaps well talk again at some time.
                            Take care, Glen. You’re a good Badger, and always will be.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• TG is going into the US Hockey Hall Of Fame. I hope McIntosh can be objective at the end of the season.

Comment

• Maybe TG will be forced to make changes the way they forced Eaves to. MS could be on the chopping block since he is responsible for the F's and the PP one would assume, along with Volunteer Assistant Winchester. At least the D (along with the G's) is keeping them in the games, so perhaps OZ is safe. of course the PK sucks, so who knows.

Ped St. is up next. Usually they run you into the ground, er ice. They are 10-7 OAL, 2-6 in the B16. The 10 wins is a little smoke and mirrors, they have 6 wins against St. Thomas, Niagara and LIU. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X