No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why in the world didn't they start Moe tonight? He was great yesterday. Rowe only allowed 2, but the 2nd one was bad. And then there was the crazy *** sprint to the puck in the 3rd period, Watts was that all about? TG has no clue on Watts buttons to push to get a better result. Maybe he should try doing the opposite of his instinct. It worked for Costanza. This is a nightmare.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Updates after the Clarkson series (T 1-1 Fri, L 0-3 Sat)

(NOTE: this is 2 weeks of changes)

Record: 4-11-1 (1-6-1-0 – 5 pts, 6th in Big7 (-1))
      USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
      USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
      PWR: 42 of 59; (30) (-12)
      RPI: 42; (30) (-12)
      KRACH: 34; (N/A) (N/A)
      Scoring: 1.56 GPG; (1.67) (55th of 59) (+1)
      Defense: 3.25 GAPG; (3.33) (T38th of 59) (+5)
      Save %: .898; (.897) 33rd of 59 (-2)
      Power Play Rate: 11.3% (6 of 53); (10.0%); 53rd of 59 (-2)
      Penalty Kill Rate: 63.64% (28 of 44); (61.76%) 59th of 59 (-1)
      Penalty Min per Game: 11.19; (9.67) 30th of 59 (1st is worst) (-11)
      Penalty Min: 179; (116) 18th of 59 (1st is worst) (-11)
      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 2; (2) T7th of 59 (-1)
      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (1) T9th of 59 (1st is worst) (+4)
      Team Face-off: 53.3%; (52.9%) 11th of 59 (+4)

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Those special teams stats are indefensible. Seriously, I think we could randomly grab one of the parents/coaches from the pee-wee teams skating between periods and have them replace Strobel/Oz and potentially do better.

Comment

• nothing to see here......everything is fine.....

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...29153492303878
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• I fully understand wanting to honor Badger Bob on the anniversary of his passing. But the big picture is that UW knows the Thanksgiving weekend games are poorly attended, so why not do it a few weeks later when you know more seats will have people in them to honor the Godfather of WI hockey? And on top of that, no band at all, not even an alumni band? The Johnsons had a lower whole suite area filled with family and friends to honor Bob, and this is Watts they get? It was practically an insult. I felt really bad for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              nothing to see here......everything is fine.....

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...29153492303878
              3500 in attendance Friday and 3600 Saturday. Tickets sold for those games were 7930 and 8919. Friday 56% of the people who bought tickets ate them. Saturday it was 60%. That is completely flat out insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

3500 in attendance Friday and 3600 Saturday. Tickets sold for those games were 7930 and 8919. Friday 56% of the people who bought tickets ate them. Saturday it was 60%. That is completely flat out insane.
                I was there both nights. Honestly, those that ate the tickets didn't miss much. Two of the most boring games I have ever seen there. Part of that was no students / band, but it just is not good hockey right now.

Comment

• Will this matter?

https://t.co/tiSmlKRPgS
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Will this matter?

https://t.co/tiSmlKRPgS
                    Sadly no, with the current coaches.

Watts the attendance tonight? Under 4000?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Sadly no, with the current coaches.

Watts the attendance tonight? Under 4000?
                      I think no better than last weekend. So 3,500 to 4,000 would be the high end. I could see 3,000 or under. I think the USNTDP would be a fun game to watch. You get to see alot of the future college stars.

Tim do you have auto correct What's to Watts for Ms. Daryl?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I think no better than last weekend. So 3,500 to 4,000 would be the high end. I could see 3,000 or under. I think the USNTDP would be a fun game to watch. You get to see alot of the future college stars.

Tim do you have auto correct What's to Watts for Ms. Daryl?
                        Agreed. I’m inclined to say 2,500 to 2,700 actual attendance.

the future stars will be the ones who don’t end up in Madison sadly.

lindmark, turcotte, miller and more have been or were stymied or didn’t grow due to an ineffective coaching staff.

Knowing how passionate Tony Granato was as a player and how much he loves the U this must be eating away at him.

if he recalls the crowds and how vociferous they were during his playing days compared to now. Man…
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• So, this is something that I've been debating doing for a while, but I'm hanging it up here (for reasons I'll keep to myself.)

Over the past few months, I've almost stopped participating on the site and have stopped using most social media (which is why the recruiting spreadsheet updates have been much slower as it's more of a manual effort now to find out when players are signing and what not.)

I'll most likely continue working with the spreadsheet (with the slower updates,) because I enjoy the process, but it'll be up to the rest of you to post the links to it and such.

If someone wants to copy all of the info and start working on it for themselves, I would be totally fine with that also.

Thanks again to all of you for your help and support throughout the years.

It's been an interesting 18 years here and perhaps well talk again at some time.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            So, this is something that I've been debating doing for a while, but I'm hanging it up here (for reasons I'll keep to myself.)

Over the past few months, I've almost stopped participating on the site and have stopped using most social media (which is why the recruiting spreadsheet updates have been much slower as it's more of a manual effort now to find out when players are signing and what not.)

I'll most likely continue working with the spreadsheet (with the slower updates,) because I enjoy the process, but it'll be up to the rest of you to post the links to it and such.

If someone wants to copy all of the info and start working on it for themselves, I would be totally fine with that also.

It's been an interesting 18 years here and perhaps well talk again at some time.
                            gwhinwi, I hope you are alright and thanks much for all your efforts over the years. I think slower updates is totally fine and hope you find your way back more often in the future. Good luck!

Comment

• 4-0 loss to U-18. I know they're an all star squad, but to get whipped like that is beyond pathetic. This team is lost. This thing must be close to coming apart at the seams. If a player or two leaves that will be all she wrote. I know Tony isn't a quitter, but at some point he's a Badger first and a coach second. The good of the program must come first. We have reached or surpassed the nadir that marked the end of the Eaves era.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                So, this is something that I've been debating doing for a while, but I'm hanging it up here (for reasons I'll keep to myself.)

This is more gutting than any loss the team would have all season. Take care and God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X