Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    sean Hill is another favorite of mine as well! He was like a freight train. derksen, carey, rafalski and schier. Sooo many to choose from.
    Rafalski is right up there too, and Watts a heck of a story was his playing career.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Nick Licari bar none. It was a great time as the crowds were huge. He was small, feisty, and a great pest. You know, the guy you want on your team and don't want to play against. Loved watching him.

Ryan McDonagh would be a close second. He was a man among boys. He just threw people around in the corners.
      Joe Pavalski would be third. His faceoff win and score in Green Bay against Bemidji in the 2006 playoffs was a thing of beauty.

Man that 2006 NCAA champs was a great team (yes I know McDonagh wasn't on that team). I miss those days.
      Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-23-2021, 08:38 AM.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Nic Kerdiles and Dylan Holloway are my recent favorites. I feel that both left too early.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          Nic Kerdiles and Dylan Holloway are my recent favorites. I feel that both left too early.
          Holloway was on his way to becoming one of my favorites. Kerdiles for sure (and Turris) really hurt their careers leaving when they did. I hope Holloway can avoid that.

Comment

• Daughter: Dad, Dad, hockey Friday?!?!
            Dad: I don't know, they are probably going to lose....
            Daughter: Let's GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with the big smile that gets you every time)
            Dad: (long pause) Go get my wallet....
            Daughter: YES!!!

Gotta love her unbridled enthusiasm. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Daughter: Dad, Dad, hockey Friday?!?!
              Dad: I don't know, they are probably going to lose....
              Daughter: Let's GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with the big smile that gets you every time)
              Dad: (long pause) Go get my wallet....
              Daughter: YES!!!

Gotta love her unbridled enthusiasm. Let's go RED!
              I love it! Let's Go Red!

Comment

• I hope Phil is ok, I have not seen him at any of the women's hockey games or the men's game we went to.

There is a great article about Badger Bob on the UW site. It's funny how he and Mark are completely different in regards to memorabilia.

Comment

I hope Phil is ok, I have not seen him at any of the women's hockey games or the men's game we went to.
                  I met him MANY years ago and have always remembered his last name; Dzick. 2 seasons ago, I recall he had some surgery and we learned through social media that he would miss some games. I haven't been to a men's or women's game for over 2 years, so obviously I haven't had a chance to see him.

This is from 3 weeks ago. No mention of his health. (See #5) :-(
                  https://badgerherald.com/sports/2021...itions-ranked/

This is from 2011.
                  https://onwisconsin.uwalumni.com/tra...eys-super-fan/
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-25-2021, 08:02 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

The University is doing the players a disservice with these coaches.
                    For the Athletic Department... this is like Athletic Department malpractice. I don't understand how you can keep an employee that is clearly and continuously not performing.

It's almost mind boggling. The only thing I can relate this too is a boss who has a family member as an employee, and just let's the poor performance continue because it's family. Tony is a top notch man and everybody likes him. And no one has the balls to do what is right. Which is stupid because they get paid big $ to be in charge. It's ridiculous. And kind of pathetic.

Edit: and frankly it's a little pathetic that Granato hasn't stepped down. If you want what is best for the university hockey program than you should know... you have made the playoffs once in 6 years. Do you not know that you are not getting it done? Is this a secret? God it's just stupid. Somebody needs to man up.
                    Last edited by druzy192; 11-25-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Kelly Fairchild, Pavs, Reinprecht, and Heatley. Heatley could undress anyone with the puck. It was crazy. I was young when Fairchild played but I remember he was a playmaker with the puck. And Reinprecht and Pavs were... Reinprecht and Pavs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I met him MANY years ago and have always remembered his last name; Dzick. 2 seasons ago, I recall he had some surgery and we learned through social media that he would miss some games. I haven't been to a men's or women's game for over 2 years, so obviously I haven't had a chance to see him.

This is from 3 weeks ago. No mention of his health. (See #5) :-(
                        https://badgerherald.com/sports/2021...itions-ranked/

This is from 2011.
                        https://onwisconsin.uwalumni.com/tra...eys-super-fan/
                        I sat next to him at the the 2010 regionals (honestly one of the best moments of my life, walking down to the seats and seeing him and his wife next to our randomly assigned seats). He had a great line when we were talking about our lives. "I graduated with a degree in political science but it turns at the time, the political science factories were not hiring."

I hope he is doing OK.
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• If there are more than 3000 people here I would be shocked.

Each goalie with a big save for a 0 0 game after 1. I am reasonably happy with their play. Gorniac is their best f. He makes things happen.

Comment

• Moe with some big saves that period. Clarkson was better than uw that period.

Comment

• So a 1 to 1 tie......I didn't like how Moe played the partial break on the goal, but he made some of the biggest saves I have seen by a UW goalie to date, so I really can't complain too much. Big bummer Baker lost control of the puck in OT as he was cutting to the backside, he had the goalie beat (who played really well with a HUGE save in OT.)

Apparently the D have an illness going through the ranks. That explains why LaMaster was playing. He acquitted himself nicely however. Kehrer left the game at the midpoint with an illness. I heard Vorlicky is out of the year.

The PK was perfect! I'll take 1 for 1 any day. PP had 1 chance to tie before Baker did and obviously did not score, but had 5 shots attempted.

The 3 on 3 was interesting from watching from up high in that both teams didn't really force zone entry too much (though Baker did on his great chance), they would actually back out or off the rush and try and find space and go again.

I do not understand why they picked this game to honor Bob Johnson other than that date is when he passed away. They know the Thanksgiving weekend games are poorly attended from history (though this might have been the worst attended home game in UW history). They did him an injustice, he deserved to be honored with the potential of a full house. And they didn't even have an alumni band there! Shameful, purely shameful.
                              Last edited by Timothy A; 11-27-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• What in god’s name happens now? McIntosh not only needs to fire the entire men’s hockey coaching staff he needs to fire Paul Chryst for being the dumbest B10 football coach. Gard should go too but the U doesn’t have the balls to do all of This.

what a sick joke.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X