Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    Not good tonight. I'll reserve judgment until after tomorrow. Now a short handed empty net goal. Tony, at least you could win the face off before you pull the goalie.
    1 step forward, 2 back. I can’t take any more years of this. I’m losing interest fast. I’ve watched the badgers since the 90’s…..
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• I've watched sine the early 80s. I lived on the same dorm floor as Tony in 83-84. After the home games we'd watch replays of the games on PBS and drink Stroh's his dad brought from Downers Grove. Saw all the brothers and sisters when they were little kids. Great family and he was a great guy then and I'm sure he is now. I've been pulling for him all along, but this just isn't working. I don't know why but it's not. The team just looks lost and disorganized far too often.
      Last edited by srkbadger; 11-12-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Well I'm sure glad UW got through the murder's row games to get to these more "winnable" games. LOL

First period looked good. Gorniac was terrorizing UND. UND made adjustments and UW did not counterpunch/counter adjust and that was it. Terrible penalties. Laastch was burned twice when he didn't tie the guy's stick up that he was right on. Him and Kehrer were on the ice for all 4 goals, was TG gonna yank them to send a message to the team? Nope. I was shocked after the 3rd he didn't yank Moe.

There is hope that Appleman could make a change in coaching, he did fire the Soccer coach yesterday. He had a winning record in 2018 and was at .500 this year, but was canned. The only negative is that he was not renewed the last 2 years, whereas TG has been.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          Going 2-2 against top 5 teams the last two series isn't some terrible thing. The beginning schedule was always going to be rough. Now starts the stretch of games that they should be winning a whole lot more than losing.
          Last 5 years is a stretch where they should be winning a whole lot more than losing.

Comment

• Tony Granato is still my favorite badger player of all-time and Mark Osiecki and Mark Strobel were great badgers but god damn it this program deserves better than what Granato, Eaves and the last 6 years of Sauer.

27 years of mediocre hockey. INEXCUSABLE.

fire the staff, fire the people who sharpen the skates. Everyone involved in the losing culture must go.

NOW.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Tony Granato is still my favorite badger player of all-time and Mark Osiecki and Mark Strobel were great badgers but god damn it this program deserves better than what Granato, Eaves and the last 6 years of Sauer.

27 years of mediocre hockey. INEXCUSABLE.

fire the staff, fire the people who sharpen the skates. Everyone involved in the losing culture must go.

NOW.
              I'm MadCityRich and I approve this message (for the past 4 years).

I have NO idea who the hell Drew Hamm is, but he wrote one damn good article here. https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/202...new-head-coach
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-14-2021, 06:07 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I have NO idea who the hell Drew Hamm is, but he wrote one damn good article here. https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/202...new-head-coach
                Yeah I saw that too, very interesting to see a blog put that out there. Obviously they will see how the rest of the season goes, there is no way he gets canned mid season.

Comment

• Yep it’s a searing article and can’t really argue with his points. Tony, to my knowledge, is a very nice person. He’s just not getting it done as coach. It’s time for new blood, and outside the UW tree. Mike Hastings or Tim Coughlin as I said 6 years ago.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Thanks! Great blog post! It’s telling that bucky’s 5th q hardly gets question re men’s hockey. You’d have to be at least 35 to recall badger hockey as a national power and even then that would put the age at 8 in 1994. So wouldn’t really recall 1992, 1990, etc

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Yep it’s a searing article and can’t really argue with his points. Tony, to my knowledge, is a very nice person. He’s just not getting it done as coach. It’s time for new blood, and outside the UW tree. Mike Hastings or Tim Coughlin as I said 6 years ago.
                      Totally agree. Go outside the Wisconsin coaching tree. They’re not getting it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Totally agree. Go outside the Wisconsin coaching tree. They’re not getting it done.
                        Yep, rebuild it from the ground up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Yep it’s a searing article and can’t really argue with his points. Tony, to my knowledge, is a very nice person. He’s just not getting it done as coach. It’s time for new blood, and outside the UW tree. Mike Hastings or Tim Coughlin as I said 6 years ago.
                          Yeah if you look at Watts those guys have done over the last 6 years with vastly fewer resources vs TG's last 6 years, it's no contest.

Comment

• Not trying to stir up crap in another thread, just hoping for clarification. I was in a barbecue place Friday night on date night, trying not to get caught watching the WI-ND game all night. Tough loss. I missed what happened right at the end. Up by 4, it looked like ND might have been seriously trying for an insurance (!) goal and and tangled with your goalie. I saw there were a bunch of penalties called. What really happened? Thanks!
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Honestly, it looked to me like Inamoto started it. He half-checked a guy after the buzzer.

Comment

• Updates after the Notre Dame series (L 1-5 Fri, L 0-3 Sat)

Record: 4-8-0 (1-4-1-0 – 5 pts, 5th in Big7 (-1))
                                USCHO Poll: NR (receiving votes); (NR)
                                USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
                                PWR: 30 of 59; (24) (-6)
                                RPI: 30; (24) (-6)
                                KRACH: N/A; (N/A) (N/A)
                                Scoring: 1.67 GPG; (1.90) (T56th of 59) (-9)
                                Defense: 3.33 GAPG; (3.20) (T43rd of 59) (-2)
                                Save %: .897; (.898) T31st of 59 (+2)
                                Power Play Rate: 10.0% (4 of 40); (9.68%); T51st of 59 (-2)
                                Penalty Kill Rate: 61.76% (21 of 34); (62.96%) 58th of 59 (-1)
                                Penalty Min per Game: 9.67; (7.6) 41st of 59 (1st is worst) (-13)
                                Penalty Min: 116; (76) 29th of 59 (1st is worst) (-15)
                                Shorthanded Goals Scored; 2; (2) T6th of 59 (-2)
                                Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; (1) T5th of 59 (1st is worst) (-8)
                                Team Faceoff: 52.9%; (53.7%) 15th of 59 (-6)

Comment

Working...
                                X