Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Apple man! It took me a few seconds to figure that one out.

And yes. Solo, I was one of the BLC snobs as some called us. I've still got a bunch of the pins you'd get each year.

The Wisconsin Hockey Backers started a pretty good run for a couple of years before covid. I actually hope it continues, even with the unfortunate passing of one of the founders. Monthly luncheons with opposing coaches and at least one bus-road trip were quite fun.
    Yeah, I had contacted the other founder of the Hockey Backers and he thought they would have them this year. I offered to assist, but haven't heard anything. Will reach out again.

Granato is a nice guy, actually really nice, but I don't think he is a good coach. I am not sure what happened to Osiecki, as I always thought he was a good D coach. Strobel in charge of the PP is an absolute joke. I think these guys can recruit fine, but game planning and coaching to your teams strengths is not happening..... I will start up the week to week stats again just so we can track the train wreck....
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Updates after the SCSU Huskies series (L 1-5 Fri, L 1-4 Sat)

Record: 2-4-0 (0-0-0-0 - in Big7)
      USCHO Poll: NR (NR)
      USA Today Poll: NR (NR)
      PWR: 36th (17th) (-19)
      RPI: 36 (N/A) (N/A)
      KRACH: 26 (N/A) (N/A)
      Scoring: 1.67 GPG; (N/A)
      Defense: 3.33 GAPG; (N/A)
      Save %: .879; Tied 40th of 53 (N/A)
      Power Play Rate: 5.0% (1 of 20); Tied 50th of 53 (N/A)
      Penalty Kill Rate: 57.9% (11 of 19), 51st of 53 (N/A)
      Penalty Min per Game: 7.33; N/A (1st is worst) (N/A)
      Penalty Min: 44; Tied 39th of 53 (N/A)
      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 2; T2nd (N/A)
      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1; T9th (N/A)
      Team Faceoff: 57.9%; 2nd (N/A)

USCHO Stats is broken or I can't get them, so having to exclude some stats.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

As I see this thread at the bottom of page 2, I realized that there is just little to no interest in Badger Hockey these days. I think the years and years mediocrity has killed it. More interest in women's volleyball and women's hockey than men's and honestly, who can blame them.....

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          As I see this thread at the bottom of page 2, I realized that there is just little to no interest in Badger Hockey these days. I think the years and years mediocrity has killed it. More interest in women's volleyball and women's hockey than men's and honestly, who can blame them.....
          The terrible start didn't help at all. Last year this thread had some positive juice with the success and the year before it had negative juice, which was still juice. Now the juice is gone. 4-2 start would have helped build some momentum. 2-4 and a complete backwards step to 19-20 type of play just sucks all the life out.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a great day for hockey!

The mighty UM's are beatable after all with a full roster of NHL players. Time to take them down again. What are the odds a goalie actually finishes a game he starts this weekend? It's not a regular weekend for TG if he doesn't yank at least once. I'm going with 25% chance there are no yanks this weekend.

Comment

Yes. It was a loss tonight. But I am loving the lack of quit in this team. If, and I understand it’s a considerable if, they can get some scoring going, I actually think the second half could be fun to watch. We have to remember that we didn’t just lose scoring. A good number of the freshmen coming from junior leagues here and in Canada played little if at all last year. If they can keep their spirits up and see the potential, this team could do something when they gel. I get that I’m looking through rose-colored glasses that are rare these days, but tonight’s game was not a bad one. Good effort out there, and already cleaning up some of the problems from earlier this season. Here’s hoping they can keep grinding and the goals will come. We know it’ll be a down year. Doesn’t mean it has to be a lost season completely development-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                Yes. It was a loss tonight. But I am loving the lack of quit in this team. If, and I understand it’s a considerable if, they can get some scoring going, I actually think the second half could be fun to watch. We have to remember that we didn’t just lose scoring. A good number of the freshmen coming from junior leagues here and in Canada played little if at all last year. If they can keep their spirits up and see the potential, this team could do something when they gel. I get that I’m looking through rose-colored glasses that are rare these days, but tonight’s game was not a bad one. Good effort out there, and already cleaning up some of the problems from earlier this season. Here’s hoping they can keep grinding and the goals will come. We know it’ll be a down year. Doesn’t mean it has to be a lost season completely development-wise.
                Some scoring would be 2 goals. They have 10 goals in 7 games, 2 of which are EN. They are giving up well over 3 GPG. You’re definitely much more optimistic than me. Moe kept this game from getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Some scoring would be 2 goals. They have 10 goals in 7 games, 2 of which are EN. They are giving up well over 3 GPG. You’re definitely much more optimistic than me. Moe kept this game from getting out of hand.
                  I know I stand on the opposite end of the spectrum from most here, but expected to have a severe letdown from last season. This team needs to play a completely different game than that team. And the early bumps have been very bumpy. But I’m not seeing regression. I’m seeing a team that is still playing together, and doing so better than earlier on. Small victories.

And Moe standing on his head is something I am excited about. I was hoping one goalie would grab the opportunity and seems like he might be it. That kind of consistency can really invigorate the team in front of the net.

I get it, I’m Pollyanna here. But I set my sights on seeing improvement across a down season and I’m seeing small ones today. ‍
                  Last edited by sunprairie; 10-28-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Well that’s the most complete game this year. Credit to the team for playing a great game. Defense was solid tonight. Rowe played well.

Comment

• Look at that. Nice W.

Comment

• Great to see the nhl wonderboys look a little silly and make them pay. I was not expecting to see Rowe in goal after the way Moe played Friday. And no yanks.

Comment

• That was a lot of fun to watch (even with the Michigan radio guy on BTN+ whining about the referees from the opening whistle.) I love that the energy from Thursday continued to Friday. You have the potential to see a team give up in the face of early adversity- especially a young team. I’m not seeing that with this team and that excites me. Now let’s beat those Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                            That was a lot of fun to watch (even with the Michigan radio guy on BTN+ whining about the referees from the opening whistle.) I love that the energy from Thursday continued to Friday. You have the potential to see a team give up in the face of early adversity- especially a young team. I’m not seeing that with this team and that excites me. Now let’s beat those Gophers!
                            Time to get the sport sync radio and listen to Brian Posick. It works great.

Comment

• Watched highlights of Norte Dame vs Minnesota… so this is the b10 normal? The lower half of the bowl was 1/2 empty…

man…
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Watched highlights of Norte Dame vs Minnesota… so this is the b10 normal? The lower half of the bowl was 1/2 empty… man…
                                I recall the rodent burrow being shocklingly not full 2 years ago.

I'm not surprised UW had a lot of grade A chances the way UM plays loose and fast, so it was good to convert in game 2. I think um plays a little tighter than UM, so it will be interesting to watch the contrast of styles.

My daughter wants to go to the UM Friday night game. I said "you know we're going to get killed." She smiled and said "we have fun!" Yes, Maddy, we always have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X