No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is the tech fans need to sit down, shut the hole under their nose. Really how many times can you say lets go Huskies in one game. Stay in the U.P. where you belong.
    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
      All I know is the tech fans need to sit down, shut the hole under their nose. Really how many times can you say lets go Huskies in one game. Stay in the U.P. where you belong.
      Personally I really appreciated their enthusiasm. If UW would have played a lot better then they would have been shut up.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 10-11-2021, 06:31 AM.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

We would if your team had the guts to play us on our home ice .

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          So did the gopher fans abandon this site?
          Most Gopher fans just post here:
          https://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/index.php
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So not only did the home team get smoked on the ice, the home fans got smoked in the stands too? Need a tissue?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Personally I really appreciated their enthusiasm. If UW would have played a lot better then they would have been shut up.
              Definitely - traveling fans are great as long as they're not over the top, and I thought the Husky fans were fine. Also, in the past the student section would just start a chant and drown them out. This year, not so much. Of course the on-ice display didn't help.

Comment

New lines from practice.

Malmquist Baker Stange - Interesting combo a grinder C and 2 guys on the wings who can score
                Ahcan Caufield DSP - Caufield gets a shot @ C
                Urdahl Lindmark Gorniak - Lindmark is a guy who needs to be more noticable when he's out there for being a USDP guy
                Brown Mersch RD
                Johnson Morrison - Morrison stood out Saturday night when I was there effort-wise.

Inamoto Ceulmans
                Laatsch Kehrer
                Ess Martin
                Peltonen LaMaster - Peltonen goes from top 4 to 8?? He and Kehrer were so good last year together.
                SD

TDM says Rowe will get the start.

Comment

Game day! Does the defense show up and actually tie-up some guys? Will there be good effort? Will they outwork a gritty team? I'll be there to see what happens.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Game day! Does the defense show up and actually tie-up some guys? Will there be good effort? Will they outwork a gritty team? I'll be there to see what happens.
                    Let's GO RED!

Comment

They get the W and not a peep to be heard in here… Interesting.

Good to get the first win.

Comment

Yes it's a win. Yes they played better (still not great in the defensive zone at times). Caufield, Stange, Achan line had great pressure, but not much otherwise. It's also a step down in competition. Enjoy the wins as I am not expecting too many more for a while after tonight.

Inamoto out for tonight and most likely next week per Granato after the game. Milewski said he was hurt in practice Monday, and re-injured it possibly in the second period.

So far this 2.33 GPG with 2 freebee EN goals tonight. GAA 3.66....
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 10-15-2021, 10:20 AM.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

A nice win against someone they should beat on paper. Stange and Ahcan had some great chemistry and I thought DSP had some good offensive moments. Great shot off the pass goal for the GWG by Gorniak. They did force the Army goalie to make some big saves after not really challenging the Tech guy much last week. I think Rowe should have stopped the one that got by him. Very important for UW to follow up tonight with another strong performance.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            when Macintosh realizes they have a hockey team I’d like all of the coaches canned. Start completely fresh and go outside of alums for a coach.
                            One can dream.. a positive about Mac is that Granato is not his guy. So...maybe.

Edit: I thought Granato wasn't his guy... but then again he was Associate Director so I'm sure he's part of the Granato Love Button Crew. Damn.
                            Last edited by druzy192; 10-15-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Shutout and a sweep! Awesome!

Comment

Hometown kid saves the day. I has shocked when we scored because he's had SO many chances that have not gone in on the PK over the years. I'm glad he wristed it and didn't deek. Also shocked to see Moe start, but he got the job done. I didn't get to see the game, I listened to most of the 1st and 3rd on the radio, spend the 2nd period at a wedding reception. Vogel does a really good job on the play by play.

Comment

Working...
                                X