No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the band and announcers have gotten rusty.

Drums forgot their cue on the sieve chant for the first goal, messed up the second. Missed the “first as a Badger” line for Caden Brown.

(I got this second hand from a friend with season tickets, as I instead was at the Brewer game)
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Really glad to be back at the Kohl to watch hockey last night!

It was really nice to see a large student section - definitely the biggest crowd for early season I have seen in quite a few years. Unfortunately, it seemed like most of them had never been to a game, but I'm hoping they keep going and get more enthusiastic (louder) as the season progresses.

Does anyone know what happened to Phil? If I remember correctly, he was absent for a few of the late season games in '19 - hope he's okay!

As far as the on-ice product goes, the defense was just awful, which is a continuation of a disturbing trend. One thing you could usually count on with Eaves teams was solid defensive play (okay maybe excluding the game when Ramage scored 2 own-goals). I understand it might not be a priority for Granato, but they need to be better than traffic cones. Offensively, I thought they looked okay, but I also thought quite a few of those 40 SOG weren't really high quality tries. Winning draws is definitely encouraging.

Hope they do better tonight.

Comment

What a dumb penalty to take and it results in a 1-0 lead for Tech.

Comment

How many games until it’s safe to complain I’m sick of watching the badger’s men’s hockey team lose?

27 years since they’ve been a national power.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Mersch should be benched for costing them that goal. Just stupid.

Comment

One more for Tech and this one's over.

Comment

Wow. Men against boys.

Comment

10 wins by February is going to be pretty tough for this group.

when Macintosh realizes they have a hockey team I’d like all of the coaches canned. Start completely fresh and go outside of alums for a coach.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

There is just no defending this.

Comment

So did the gopher fans abandon this site?

Comment

Seriously, who did NOT see this coming?
                        They lost their scoring, no solid tenders. Recipe for a return to bad Badger Hockey.
                        Can I be sick of this schitt already?
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Ugh. Another season of Wisconsin dragging down the entire conference's PWR, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

They lost their scoring, no solid tenders. Recipe for a return to bad Badger Hockey.
                            Yep. You aren’t the only one sick of this horse**** hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: “hey kids, we used to be great. Way way way back in the 70’s and 80’s”

Comment

Without some serious improvement, the bloodbaths to come at St. Cloud, at Michigan, at finally at home against Minnesota will be a disaster. Right now Army may hang two more losses on them.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Last year the goaltending was markedly improved as was the D zone play. That I will dispute.

This year in 2 games it's crapsville. Watching from above Tech was so efficient on their breakout, it was impressive. They also had lots of poise with the puck. UW had neither.

I don't get playing all 7 D. Surely the 7th is not as good as the 1st. And with the odd number, your partner always changes. That cannot help the chemistry of the D corps. Ess is listed as the 7th (shockingly behind 3 Fr) and he did get outworked on one of the goals, he didn't tie up his guy though he was right there. Kehrer looked bad on one, but then he seemed to turn a corner and play really well after that. I don't think any 1 D didn't screw up tonight.

Too many undisciplined penalties. If thy can force last night or tonight into 0 for's for Tech, maybe the outcome is different.

I'm confident Rowe can right the ship. When he went into the game he just about ran into Moe awkwardly, and then launched his drink bottle to the other end of the ice. It wasn't even close to stopping at the UW bench. I hope that doesn't indicate a chemistry problem in the goalie room. Indications are Rowe is frustrated with himself for the Friday performance.

Band was underpowered did not do the POWer Plaaaay thing. Very sad indeed. Students can ditch the "you f'ed up" chant, there are a lot of little kids at the game. Otherwise they were pretty good, though they too seemed very inexperienced. The energy was there though. A better performance by the band would have helped them a lot.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X