Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 21-22: Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    .... Vogel does a really good job on the play by play.
    When I turn on the radio to hear Posick, who is a fantastic at calling hockey, and I get Vogel, I am admittedly dissapointed. But I did get to hear Brian call the game on BTN+, so there's that.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      When I turn on the radio to hear Posick, who is a fantastic at calling hockey, and I get Vogel, I am admittedly dissapointed. But I did get to hear Brian call the game on BTN+, so there's that.
      I think sometimes Posick gets a little stats happy in the call of the game and I prefer a straight play by play call during the play on the radio. To me, Vogel is more similar to Paul Braun and to me Braun is the best hockey play by play man ever. Brian is very good, and I do enjoy is calls, it's a personal preference. I also prefer Perrin to Brophy on the color, Perrin is more in the flavor of Bill Howard, who to me is the best hockey color commentary guy of all time.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

      Comment


      • #78
        It's gonna be an interesting next 6 games with St Cl, UM and um. If the bandwagon wasn't very full now, it could get pretty lonely after these 6. Or it could get packed!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          It's gonna be an interesting next 6 games with St Cl, UM and um. If the bandwagon wasn't very full now, it could get pretty lonely after these 6. Or it could get packed!
          If they win 2-3 of the 6, I would be shocked. But I am rooting for the best, and hope they surprise......I root for them, win or lose, but this is a tough early schedule.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

          EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            If they win 2-3 of the 6, I would be shocked. But I am rooting for the best, and hope they surprise......I root for them, win or lose, but this is a tough early schedule.
            I agree with you. My concern is that when they get hammered will it create a confidence deficit that will be hard to overcome? Of course they may already have one after the first 4 games.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

            Comment


            • #81
              It's a great day for hockey!

              Let's go RED!

              St. Cloud is not a state! St. Cloud is not a state!
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #82
                My interest (because of 27 years of mediocre hockey) has waned to the point where I’ve stopped getting excited to watch or listen anymore. For the first time since we purchased season tickets in 85 (when I was 13) I have not watched or listened to 1 minute of badger men’s hockey through 5 games.

                I watch their thread on Twitter to see how bad their asses are getting kicked.


                5-1 st, cloud so far.

                time for thinner and a movie
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

                  5-1 st, cloud so far.

                  time for thinner and a movie
                  I don't need thinner for Badger hockey anymore.

                  I just expect crap. Fire Granato.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

                    I don't need thinner for Badger hockey anymore.

                    I just expect crap. Fire Granato.
                    Yes! He was and still is my favorite badger player but he and osiecki are not getting the job done.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                    "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                    "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                    Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      My interest (because of 27 years of mediocre hockey) has waned to the point where I’ve stopped getting excited to watch or listen anymore. For the first time since we purchased season tickets in 85 (when I was 13) I have not watched or listened to 1 minute of badger men’s hockey through 5 games.

                      I watch their thread on Twitter to see how bad their asses are getting kicked.


                      5-1 st, cloud so far.

                      time for thinner and a movie
                      Hey, thanks for checking in Solo. Take care.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Ugly ugly ugly! SCSU had there back up goalie in there tonight. Didn’t matter!
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                        EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I think SOLO is my twin. Since opening weekend, I saw it coming and cant watch or listen to them.

                          No Caufield, no nothing. Can y'all agree that Caufield saved Granato's bacon for a year?
                          What a fucking horrible hockey team from the coaching staff down.

                          I cant believe we've never crossed paths, solo.
                          I bet we can tell each other some wild stories!
                          I still have some scars from road trips to the old Williams Area and the Winter Sports Center in Greater Grand Forks. You young fucks have NO idea what you missed!

                          WiscTJK and I met a few years ago and are pretty much on the same page as you, solo.

                          This. Is. Bad.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

                          "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            I think SOLO is my twin. Since opening weekend, I saw it coming and cant watch or listen to them.

                            No Caufield, no nothing. Can y'all agree that Caufield saved Granato's bacon for a year?
                            What a fucking horrible hockey team from the coaching staff down.

                            I cant believe we've never crossed paths, solo.
                            I bet we can tell each other some wild stories!
                            I still have some scars from road trips to the old Williams Area and the Winter Sports Center in Greater Grand Forks. You young fucks have NO idea what you missed!

                            WiscTJK and I met a few years ago and are pretty much on the same page as you, solo.

                            This. Is. Bad.
                            MCR, if you went to the BLC back in the day it’s quite possible we met briefly?

                            maybe you, WiscTJK and I should grab a beer and commiserate re the good old days!

                            and cheers!
                            minnesota goal scored by Justin Mchugh
                            ”Who?”
                            assisted by “insert name of rat player”
                            ”who cares?!?!”
                            minnesota goal by mchugh from x at 1:07
                            ”big deal”

                            or hey Gary bunz took another penalty
                            ”Hi GARY!”

                            or if you were living on campus
                            ”ogg sucks!”

                            ”so does your mom and she’s free!”

                            I digress. Anything short of cleaning house in men’s hockey won’t cut it for me. I even want the Gd trainers gone. Everyone associated with a losing program MUST go.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                            "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                            "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                            Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              No Caufield, no nothing. Can y'all agree that Caufield saved Granato's bacon for a year? What a fucking horrible hockey team from the coaching staff down.
                              I was hopeful that the staff, not the players, turned the corner last year and figured things out, how to teach D zone play and good special teams. These are not bad players they have now. I put 100% of this on the coaches. The bummer is that Caufield probably bought TG more than 1 year. (Imagine if TG didn't flip the Caufileld's from OSU how things would be different?) The only hope is Appleman didn't hire TG, so maybe he will have a shorter leash. I doubt it though. We'll see if he is his own man or just a BA puppet.

                              This goalie yoyo deal has to stop. It's ridiculous. He's yanked goalies more often than Sauer and Eaves combined. And it doesn't accomplish a dam thing, does it? The results say an emphatic no.

                              I will continue to follow them closely, hope for the best and root them on, but I am not a fan of TG. He is killing this program.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                                I was hopeful that the staff, not the players, turned the corner last year and figured things out, how to teach D zone play and good special teams. These are not bad players they have now. I put 100% of this on the coaches. The bummer is that Caufield probably bought TG more than 1 year. (Imagine if TG didn't flip the Caufileld's from OSU how things would be different?) The only hope is Appleman didn't hire TG, so maybe he will have a shorter leash. I doubt it though. We'll see if he is his own man or just a BA puppet.

                                This goalie yoyo deal has to stop. It's ridiculous. He's yanked goalies more often than Sauer and Eaves combined. And it doesn't accomplish a dam thing, does it? The results say an emphatic no.

                                I will continue to follow them closely, hope for the best and root them on, but I am not a fan of TG. He is killing this program.
                                Apple man! It took me a few seconds to figure that one out.

                                And yes. Solo, I was one of the BLC snobs as some called us. I've still got a bunch of the pins you'd get each year.

                                The Wisconsin Hockey Backers started a pretty good run for a couple of years before covid. I actually hope it continues, even with the unfortunate passing of one of the founders. Monthly luncheons with opposing coaches and at least one bus-road trip were quite fun.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

                                "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X