X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    Not good tonight. I'll reserve judgment until after tomorrow. Now a short handed empty net goal. Tony, at least you could win the face off before you pull the goalie.
    1 step forward, 2 back. I can’t take any more years of this. I’m losing interest fast. I’ve watched the badgers since the 90’s…..

Leave a comment:

• srkbadger
    replied
    Not good tonight. I'll reserve judgment until after tomorrow. Now a short handed empty net goal. Tony, at least you could win the face off before you pull the goalie.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Well, Ceulemans is out and Inamoto is back in. It reads that a 5 F pp is going to be used. Surely there are 2 D that are more worthy to run the point then 2 F. I have nightmares of SH breakaways dancing in my head. We shall see. Let's go RED!

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
    I don't hate Rowe getting pulled this week. He needed to be, even if bad D caused that fourth goal. Pulling him stopped the bleeding and the Badgers didn't give up a goal after that.
    True, but how in the world is Rowe going to grow as a player if he is not allowed to work through a bad game on his own? That game was over, so whether you lose 4-1 or 8-1, there is no difference. And maybe he would not have allowed any more goals? Yes? Maybe? Do you want your goalie looking at the bench after giving up 3 to see if the other guy is jumping over the boards every time? As a player you want the coaches to believe in you, right? How often does a F or D get benched for the balance of a game after a couple bad plays? Not very often. They just go out the next shift and try to play better.

Leave a comment:

• sunprairie
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'm always going to watch them and root them on, that will never change. I love hockey and I love WI.

I am kind of obsessed with goaltending. One of my sons was a hockey goalie and one was a soccer goalie. If I would have been able to play hockey as a kid, I would have been a goalie. 95% of goalie yanks are due to their performance. Occasionally you yank the goalie to get the team's attention. I get it. But when you do it SO often, it just loses it's effect. We all know this as parents, right? If you scream at the kids all the time, it loses it's effect. Or with drinking, right? The more thinner you drink, the more you need to wash away reality. I'm just sick and tired of TG treating the goalies like crap. I sure hope TDM does some research on this and writes a great story about it. There is a story to be told there for sure.
    Milewski did write a story about it: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...7562af603.html

I agree Moe should have had the second start this weekend. But, I am going to disagree that the pulling didn't work. Did it lead to scoring? No. But it stopped the bleeding - perhaps sparking the D. Rowe has a bad habit of losing his temper, not just on the bench like this week, but visibly in the crease usually after he gives up a second goal in a game. It affects his play, and if he gives up two, he has a tendency to soon have given up four, five or six. It's a bad pattern. Coaches need to balance that, too. Spark vs. having a team face an unsurmountable hole. Like I say, Moe has shown to have more poise this year, and if there is a change I would have liked to see from the coaches, it would have been an adjustment in their plans to have both goalies start in rotation. I would have put Moe in Saturday and stuck with him as a go-to until he falls off.

I don't hate Rowe getting pulled this week. He needed to be, even if bad D caused that fourth goal. Pulling him stopped the bleeding and the Badgers didn't give up a goal after that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X