X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoNanooks
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

They got outplayed in every game. Marshall was the only reason they won game 1. I don't know how the team has been controlling play so well all season, and then did the complete opposite this weekend
    As a Nanook fan, I felt like we were dominated on Friday night. Every loose puck and foot race seemed to be won easily by RPI. Thankfully they turned that around on Saturday and skated well for three straight games.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I haven't seen any of the games in Alaska. Is it possible, that we just didn't match up with them?
    Outside of the Colgate/Cornell weekend, we played pretty good defense and held our opponents down in shots on goal. We played well in our own defensive zone and were competitive in those games.
    Now we have gotten run over by Colgate, Cornell and Alaska. Except for the fact that we are talking about RPI, none of this makes sense.
    It could be several things - if i was looking for an excuse I could blame the distance flown, the fact we played 4 games in a short period of time, general fatigue, malaise, or as you mention, just a bad match up for us (and I am a strong believer in match ups). I hope it is one of the those or all of those but I fear something else has happened and I sure hope we snap out of it in the next 2 weeks of break. I watched about 2 periods of each game. perhaps i am looking too closely but we just do not show the exuberance that we had earlier in the season. The excitement seems to have lessened on the bench and when we do score, I do not see the same explosion of joy that we had earlier in the season and that is more often shown by our opponents.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by VGK View Post
    I don't have any more intel. I only know that a few weeks ago (whenever the last time I posted), one had a concussion and the other had a legit injury. (I want to say shoulder, but memory fails me) I'm not sure which had which either.
    I would put Barry Sherwood in.

Leave a comment:

• RPI67
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Thus far the season has gone just about the complete opposite of what I had thought. I felt we would have quite a bit of confusing play early with all the new players and it would take time to find the right combinations. I felt with each game we would see more and better team play as we became accustomed to ice time together. it has been the opposite in almost all regards. We have deteriorated in just about every category - face offs won, shots on goal, shots allowed, goals scored, goals allowed, power play percentage, short handed goals allowed, and of course, games won. Hate to say this but all we really have left that can make this season successful is to play far better in the ECAC games and try to salvage the year with a good showing in the ECAC playoffs.
    I see the same. I listened to the games on their radio station. The big ice surface and very cold outside (-7 1st game, -30 to-40 the others) made for very fast ice. The announcers mentioned that 1 Alaska player was the fastest on either team.

Leave a comment:

• VGK
    replied
    Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I'm guessing that Watson is hurt (or in the doghouse) and Smith thinks Miller is only a mop-up goalie.
    I don't have any more intel. I only know that a few weeks ago (whenever the last time I posted), one had a concussion and the other had a legit injury. (I want to say shoulder, but memory fails me) I'm not sure which had which either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X