Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any nonstudent here intend to go?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• As a season ticket holder, I’d go, but I’d have to leave Cero Beach

Comment

• Sorry. Problem with responding on my phone…I’d have to come back early from Vero Beach. Let’s see sunny and 70’s or comeback to cold to watch a team that can’t win 2 in a row. Ummmmmm.

Comment

• I'm debating. I figure the team could use the support, seeing" external spectators" for the first time this season at the Field House.

NIce to know the restrooms will be available, now what about some burnt popcorn?

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
            Sorry. Problem with responding on my phone…I’d have to come back early from Vero Beach. Let’s see sunny and 70’s or comeback to cold to watch a team that can’t win 2 in a row. Ummmmmm.
            Well, we don't have to win 2 in a row. :-)
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Does any nonstudent here intend to go?
              I am going to try and get tickets and go. I shot an e-mail to boxoffice@rpi.edu to try and get clarification on the entry protocols.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I won't set foot on the campus or spend a nickel until she is gone. Period.
                For what it's worth, I think the ECAC captures most, if not all, of the ticket revenue at this stage of the season. This is why attendance has tended to drop off for the playoffs--the discounted/free tickets given out during the regular season would become a hard-dollar cost in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

For what it's worth, I think the ECAC captures most, if not all, of the ticket revenue at this stage of the season. This is why attendance has tended to drop off for the playoffs--the discounted/free tickets given out during the regular season would become a hard-dollar cost in the playoffs.
                  Are the students on spring break? The Lacrosse teams are in FL and CO.

Comment

• Tickets are live for external visitors. I just purchased mine.

March 1, 2022
                    Dear RPI Men’s Hockey Season Ticket Holder,
                    As a follow up to yesterday’s email about ECAC playoff tickets please use the following link to purchase your tickets on line which live. In person sales will commence tomorrow, Wednesday, at 10AM at the HFH Box Office but remember these are General Admission events so no need to do a seat selection. Remember also, we are not selling for the Sunday game until the conclusion of the Saturday contest.
                    https://rpiathletics.universitytickets.com/
                    If you have questions, email boxoffice@rpi.edu or call 518-276-6262. Please know we anticipate a high volume of calls and activity so please be patient while we serve all of our fans.

Comment

• Although RPI won both games against Dartmouth during the regular season, both of them were one-goal games until late in the third period. It wasn't out of the question that with one lucky bounce, Dartmouth could have forced overtime in one or maybe even both games.

The last time RPI played in a playoff game that went to overtime was in 2012, when they lost to Clarkson in triple OT (but won the series, two games to one). The rules back then called for the teams to play 5x5 for as many overtime periods as it took for somebody to score and determine a winner. But considering that, in the intervening years, the rules for overtime in the regular season have changed to 3x3 with a shootout if nobody scores, I'm not at all sure that the ECAC hasn't changed the rules for overtime in the postseason as well. Anyone know whether the old 5x5 rules still apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

Are the students on spring break? The Lacrosse teams are in FL and CO.
                        Yes, this is the last week. Spring break starts this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Although RPI won both games against Dartmouth during the regular season, both of them were one-goal games until late in the third period. It wasn't out of the question that with one lucky bounce, Dartmouth could have forced overtime in one or maybe even both games.

The last time RPI played in a playoff game that went to overtime was in 2012, when they lost to Clarkson in triple OT (but won the series, two games to one). The rules back then called for the teams to play 5x5 for as many overtime periods as it took for somebody to score and determine a winner. But considering that, in the intervening years, the rules for overtime in the regular season have changed to 3x3 with a shootout if nobody scores, I'm not at all sure that the ECAC hasn't changed the rules for overtime in the postseason as well. Anyone know whether the old 5x5 rules still apply?
                          All postseason hockey in the NCAA uses 5v5 OT

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

All postseason hockey in the NCAA uses 5v5 OT
                            At least one thing has not been changed and made worse!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I am going to try and get tickets and go. I shot an e-mail to boxoffice@rpi.edu to try and get clarification on the entry protocols.
                              FWIW, I was able to confirm that testing is NOT a requirement for entry. The rules outlined on the MIH page are in fact the rules for the weekend.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

FWIW, I was able to confirm that testing is NOT a requirement for entry. The rules outlined on the MIH page are in fact the rules for the weekend.
                                Not that they really don't want to set up another hoop to jump through, but they don't want to raise the ire of the ECACHL either who wants some money out of this event. Instead of tests, heaven knows what the seating arrangements will be. Maybe someone considering attending should shoot off another email to verify you can actually sit next to your spouse, significant other or children. Better safe than sorry or, maybe, just to just stay away.

Speaking of staying away. Not that a lot of people go to the spring outdoor D3 games anyway, but it appears even outdoors games still require being masked for a couple hours. At the two year mark of the pandemic (just three months less than the entire duration of the Spanish Flu) that is not even lucid. Starting today in this state you do not even need to wear a mask inside primary or secondary schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X