RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    MH Website has been updated -- masked external minions allowed with proof of vax and masking. No ticket info. HFH capacity not to exceed 1205.

https://covid19.rpi.edu/announcements/spectators-update

https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...hedule/2021-22
    General admission tickets on sale Wed. at 10:00AM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Do you know if there will be online ticket sales? Haven't seen an email from the ticket office yet on process.

Comment

There appears to be conflicting information: the athletics website says "external spectators allowed" but SAJ's announcement (see below) refers to "guests per student-athlete."

So which is it? "External spectators" or "guests" of student-athletes??

"Who may attend?
        1. Rensselaer students, staff, and faculty who currently have campus access.
        2. Space permitting, up to four (4) pre-registered guests per student-athlete (Rensselaer and opposition)."

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post

There appears to be conflicting information: the athletics website says "external spectators allowed" but SAJ's announcement (see below) refers to "guests per student-athlete."

So which is it? "External spectators" or "guests" of student-athletes??

"Who may attend?
          1. Rensselaer students, staff, and faculty who currently have campus access.
          2. Space permitting, up to four (4) pre-registered guests per student-athlete (Rensselaer and opposition)."

Update posted at the top of the MIH schedule page states:

"External spectators are allowed for the ECAC Hockey playoff games vs. Dartmouth. All spectators must provide proof of vaccination and wear a mask at all times while indoors. Tickets will go on sale beginning on Wednesday at 10am and will be priced at $6 for RPI students with valid ID and $10 for all others. Seating will be general admission. More details to follow. "
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I have been debating whether to post this or not. We may soon reach 1000 replies on this thread. Should we start a new one if the +season is not over? Board does not close threads at 1000 replies anymore, so we can still use this one. That is my preference, but if you feel we should start a new one, I ask for suggestions for a title.

In any case, I need a title for the offseason thread. I have thought of a couple, none particularly good, based upon Shirley leaving. In any case, I intend to do a double countdown, both to the next game and to Shirley leaving this offseason, unless others feel I should not. (By the way, am I correct that 7/1 is her last day or is it 6/30.)
            As per the release from the 'tute, new prez officially starts 7/1/22.

https://19thpresident.rpi.edu/

Comment

• Ture Linden was named the ECAC Driscoll Skating & Skills PotW https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/2...kly-honor.aspx.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I have been debating whether to post this or not. We may soon reach 1000 replies on this thread. Should we start a new one if the +season is not over? Board does not close threads at 1000 replies anymore, so we can still use this one. That is my preference, but if you feel we should start a new one, I ask for suggestions for a title.

In any case, I need a title for the offseason thread. I have thought of a couple, none particularly good, based upon Shirley leaving. In any case, I intend to do a double countdown, both to the next game and to Shirley leaving this offseason, unless others feel I should not. (By the way, am I correct that 7/1 is her last day or is it 6/30.)
                RPI off-season: Not taking any Schmidt

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• A buddy of mine just got off the phone with HFH box office. Person said they are requiring neg test results for entry. Which I have not seen In Writing anywhere. If true , I’ll not be attending …not gonna participate in the nonsense .

Comment

A buddy of mine just got off the phone with HFH box office. Person said they are requiring neg test results for entry. Which I have not seen In Writing anywhere. If true , I’ll not be attending …not gonna participate in the nonsense .
                    As they said in Ghost, ditto and see ya.

Masks, proof of vaccination, negative tests, separation by multiple seats!!! At this point it is nothing but a complete sham. You got to be kidding me. Absolutely none of the aforementioned required for upcoming packed houses at the MVP Center to see a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group or the best stand up since Carlin. Not to mention 31,000 at the Carrier Dome for Syracuse-Duke just yesterday. Translation is they really don't want you there and will create so many hoops that you will have to jump through just to attend that you simply won't go. In all probability, the illusion of your being welcome at all resulted from the ECACHL insisting that revenue result from this series or else book a bus and a hotel to a place that will create revenue.

Nothing but a plain and simple money grab needed to solve a present dilemma faced by people who have mostly ignored us over the past two years. Whenever they did not ignore us, it was only for long enough to dismiss us and do so often with utter contempt and distain. You might remember at the very beginning two years ago being told we needed to be "SOCIALLY SEPERATED". I suppose just like any other leaper or mutant. However, in all fairness and to their great credit, in more recent times they only disparaged us with the much kinder and gentler "EXTERNAL SPECTATOR". Always thought there was more to it than that. Guess I was mistaken. That will not happen again EVER.

In between those two gems there was the briefly posted and quickly removed (within a day) comprehensive plan for return to athletic competition spanning several pages during the summer of 2020. Only the mere six words of the very last section on the very last page referenced us and possibly provided the best insight as to what those people consider us. It read simply MANAGEMENT OF SPECTATORS- TO BE DETERMINED. Don't really care to speculate on whether we were being likened to traffic management, wildlife management or fish and fowl management. Does it really matter?

As for the TO BE DETERMINED part, no better time to show those inane drowns how that part really works than this upcoming weekend. You know, the weekend they need the money of us crash test dummies to keep the ECACHL happy. It's time to show the drowns that it is not them who determine the paying customers. Instead, it is the paying customers who determine them!!!

Comment

• Email from Norris and Cecilia tonight--nothing about negative tests required. Just proof of vaccination and a mask.

Dear RPI Men’s Hockey Season Ticket Holder,We are excited to announce that not only will RPI be hosting the upcoming First Round of ECAC Playoffs at home against Dartmouth College but we will allowing external spectators into the Houston Field House. The games will be played this weekend March 4, 5, and (if needed) 6. Game times will be Friday and Saturday at 7:00PM and, if needed, 4:00PM on Sunday.
                      Please read the following regarding games:
                      • TICKETS; Tickets will be available at the Houston Field House Box Office beginning 10AM this Wednesday. On line sales contact information will be sent to you separately.
                        • Ticket prices will be set at $10 per person (Adult/Alumni/Senior/Child) and $6 for RPI Students and will be General Admission only, no reserved seating.
                        • Friday and Saturday tickets can be purchased this week. If Game III on Sunday needs to be played, we will have the Box Office open immediately after the 2nd game and at 10AM on Sunday.
                        • We will not be selling for other games.
                      • BOX OFFICE HOURS:
                        • Wednesday; 10AM-5PM
                        • Thursday; 9AM-5PM
                        • Friday; 9AM through the end of the game
                        • Saturday; Noon through (if needed) end of game and after
                        • (if needed) Sunday; 10AM through the game
                      • PARKING; All surrounding parking lots will be open and available to park.
                      • ACCESS INTO THE HOUSTON FIELD HOUSE: Doors will be open one hour prior to puck drop. Please note that we will only have one point of entry at the North side of the lobby. Alternate entries will not be accessible.
                      • COVID PROTOCOLS; Once you enter you will be required to show proof FULLY vaccinated against COVID-19 (* Fully vaccinated occurs two weeks after receiving the second dose of the two-dose vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after the single-dose (J & J) vaccine and any booster shots as recommended by the CDC when eligible). You will present a valid vaccination card when entering the Houston Field House (Physical card, picture of card and Excelsior Pass are all acceptable.). Also, everyone is expected to have a CDC compliant face mask while at Houston Field House. Masks must be clean, free of rips or tears, and worn properly (covering the nose and mouth). Gaiter-type face masks and bandanas are not permitted.
                      Thank you again for your on-going support of our Men’s Hockey program and we are looking forward to a great set of games in our building and know you have been patient as we all have navigated the global pandemic. Let us know if there is anything you need and please be patient as we expect a high volume of activity.

Comment

• I don't see anything about limited seating? Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

As they said in Ghost, ditto and see ya.

Masks, proof of vaccination, negative tests, separation by multiple seats!!! At this point it is nothing but a complete sham. You got to be kidding me. Absolutely none of the aforementioned required for upcoming packed houses at the MVP Center to see a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group or the best stand up since Carlin. Not to mention 31,000 at the Carrier Dome for Syracuse-Duke just yesterday. Translation is they really don't want you there and will create so many hoops that you will have to jump through just to attend that you simply won't go. In all probability, the illusion of your being welcome at all resulted from the ECACHL insisting that revenue result from this series or else book a bus and a hotel to a place that will create revenue.

Nothing but a plain and simple money grab needed to solve a present dilemma faced by people who have mostly ignored us over the past two years. Whenever they did not ignore us, it was only for long enough to dismiss us and do so often with utter contempt and distain. You might remember at the very beginning two years ago being told we needed to be "SOCIALLY SEPERATED". I suppose just like any other leaper or mutant. However, in all fairness and to their great credit, in more recent times they only disparaged us with the much kinder and gentler "EXTERNAL SPECTATOR". Always thought there was more to it than that. Guess I was mistaken. That will not happen again EVER.

In between those two gems there was the briefly posted and quickly removed (within a day) comprehensive plan for return to athletic competition spanning several pages during the summer of 2020. Only the mere six words of the very last section on the very last page referenced us and possibly provided the best insight as to what those people consider us. It read simply MANAGEMENT OF SPECTATORS- TO BE DETERMINED. Don't really care to speculate on whether we were being likened to traffic management, wildlife management or fish and fowl management. Does it really matter?

As for the TO BE DETERMINED part, no better time to show those inane drowns how that part really works than this upcoming weekend. You know, the weekend they need the money of us crash test dummies to keep the ECACHL happy. It's time to show the drowns that it is not them who determine the paying customers. Instead, it is the paying customers who determine them!!!
                          Totally agree and my guess is you are spot on re: ECAC insisting on a fan presence.

After much debate, our HFH crew is opting out and instead will GATHER TOGETHER in solidarity at a nearby establishment to watch the game on TV. I won't set foot on the campus or spend a nickel until she is gone. Period. If and when RPI wins the weekend series I will travel to cheer them on in person in the host's barn.

Comment

As per the release from the 'tute, new prez officially starts 7/1/22.

https://19thpresident.rpi.edu/
                            3 days early for Independence Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Totally agree and my guess is you are spot on re: ECAC insisting on a fan presence.

After much debate, our HFH crew is opting out and instead will GATHER TOGETHER in solidarity at a nearby establishment to watch the game on TV. I won't set foot on the campus or spend a nickel until she is gone. Period. If and when RPI wins the weekend series I will travel to cheer them on in person in the host's barn.
                              Wicked: Jenny and i came to the same conclusion you have years ago. We have not been to Troy, spent money on anything related or donated a nickel for over 10 years now. We had many friends there, working for the school who left (or were asked or forced to leave) and saw the handwriting earlier than many. We can only hope much of this can be reversed (hopefully quickly).
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                                I don't see anything about limited seating? Am I missing something?
                                You did not miss anything. it is not there. Nor is there anything about pre registration or negative tests within 48 hours of game. However, the Presidents message of 2/28 from the school website paints a very different picture and does not appear to differentiate between indoor and outdoor events. There appears to be a most definite disconnect between the message you got and the Presidents message.

The only protection you have to prevent yourself from getting entangled in the confusion and chaos is to not go anywhere near the place.

The Presidents message reads as follows:

Spectators Update - Revised
                                FEBRUARY 28, 2022

Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., President, Institute Professor, Professor of Physics, Applied Physics, and Astronomy, Professor of Engineering Sciences
                                Beginning March 1, 2022, vaccinated family members of our student-athletes and visiting student-athletes, as well as other vaccinated guests, will be permitted to attend athletics events in person on campus.

In order to continue to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 to the Rensselaer community, all guests must comply with the Institute’s COVID-19 protocols, practice social distancing, and wear face masks at all times. Guests will be limited to four (4) individuals per student-athlete. This includes Rensselaer and visiting student-athletes.

Who may attend?

Rensselaer students, staff, and faculty who currently have campus access.

1) Space permitting, up to four (4) pre-registered guests per student-athlete (Rensselaer and opposition).

2) Capacity for each venue will be capped to allow for social distancing:
                                • Doris Robison Field (softball): 200 attendees
                                • East Campus Arena (basketball): 350 attendees
                                • East Campus Stadium (men’s lacrosse): 500 attendees
                                • Houston Field House (hockey): 1,205 attendees
                                • Lower Renwyck Field (women’s lacrosse): 250 attendees
                                • Robison Field at Karl Steffen Ballpark (baseball): 250 attendees
                                • Sharp Courts (tennis): 100 attendees
                                • Robison Pool (swim/dive): 100 attendees
                                In appreciation for the continued support of the participating student-athletes and the campus community, there will be no admission charge for any 2021-22 regular season games.

All spectators will be required to:
                                • Pre-register through an online registration portal in the Athletics Department and sign a liability waiver as part of their pre-registration process.
                                • Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
                                • Provide proof of a negative test in the 24-48 hours prior to game time.
                                On-Site Special Event Protocols

While on site, all spectators will be required to follow Institute protocols. Spectators must remain socially distanced from student-athlete group, with at least two seats between each. Athletic department staff will be present to ensure compliance.

Restrooms will be accessible to attendees.

Rensselaer will continue to take a prudent, step-by-step approach to mitigate risk with defined, safe, and consistent protocols and policies.

Thank you for your continued support.
                                RENSSELAER R

Comment

Working...
                                X