This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    We knew going into the season that we'd struggling to find scoring and that has been proven to be true. We do not have enough scoring depth to score consistently....perhaps if we had not had the off-season departures we'd be singing a different tune...but we are what our record says we are.

Hats off to the boys for a great effort against Q -- I didn't see the game, but if you hold the #2 team to one goal in their barn, then you did nearly everything right. Hard to be negative about that effort.
    The boys played well against Q, but we were probably doomed. At the final horn they announced that QU had set a new NCAA record with its 13th shutout of the year, two of them against us. They have given up an average of 0.95 goals per game. Yup, less than a goal per game. Perhaps its time to reduce the absurd size of modern goalie equipment. If they are playing their angles at all there is virtually nothing to target with a shot.

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...y-16839457.php

Interesting information in the article. Weird that McElroy was so tight lipped about Dave Smith's contract

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...y-16839457.php

Interesting information in the article. Weird that McElroy was so tight lipped about Dave Smith's contract
        I'm not going to read too much into it, but I agree it was odd that Dr. McElroy refused to answer such a simple question about Coach Smith's contract term. The TU reporter that wrote the article normally covers Siena basketball, so might not have been able to dive more deeply into that non-response for this piece, but he definitely noticed the disconnect.

Comment

• Now that Gov. Hochul has lifted the indoor mask mandate, Shirley's going to allow fans at HFH, correct ?? HA HA HAAAAAAA...
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Now that Gov. Hochul has lifted the indoor mask mandate, Shirley's going to allow fans at HFH, correct ?? HA HA HAAAAAAA...
            Maybe on July 1st
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

• Well here the mask mandate gets lifted and the Wisconsin Notre Dame seri

Comment

• Sorry here the mask mandate is lifted and the same time as that the Wisconsin Notre Dame series is postponed this weekend because the team could only put 13 players on the ice for practice due to Covid issues on the Badger team. I would not get all excited the pandemic is now over just yet. We thought that last summer and an awful lot of people have died since then. I am not saying the same thing will happen now, but as I always said as a nurse caring for ICU patients “Fools rush in”.
                Last edited by 25+years; 02-10-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  Sorry here the mask mandate is lifted and the same time as that the Wisconsin Notre Dame series is postponed this weekend because the team could only put 13 players on the ice for practice due to Covid issues on the Badger team. I would not get all excited the pandemic is now over just yet. We thought that last summer and an awful lot of people have died since then. I am not saying the same thing will happen now, but as I always said as a nurse caring for ICU patients “Fools rush in”.
                  Those games were moved from Thurs/Fri to Sat/Sun... due to asymptomatic positive tests... NOT illness. This bug will always be with us and lockdowns don't work....just ask the good folks at Johns Hopkins who have the data to back it up. Once again, I'll be across town at Union tomorrow night watch live hockey vs. Colgate. Amazing how reckless these two universities are compared to Shirley......HA HA
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 02-10-2022, 08:58 AM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Once again, I'll be across town at Union tomorrow night watch live hockey vs. Colgate. Amazing how reckless these two universities are compared to Shirley......HA HA
                    Easy Slapper. EHF will get upset with you talking that way about his girl! Remember this?

"As for Shirley, how many of you had the responsibility of running an organization of this size?
                    If she gave special attention to the athletes, how would that look to the rest of the student body. All of these kids want to attend classes in person and be part of the college experience.
                    She is in charge of all the students not just the hockey team.
                    I hate this whole situation, but I will not blame her for trying to keep these students healthy. JMO." EHF
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Easy Slapper. EHF will get upset with you talking that way about his girl! Remember this?

"As for Shirley, how many of you had the responsibility of running an organization of this size?
                      If she gave special attention to the athletes, how would that look to the rest of the student body. All of these kids want to attend classes in person and be part of the college experience.
                      She is in charge of all the students not just the hockey team.
                      I hate this whole situation, but I will not blame her for trying to keep these students healthy. JMO." EHF
                      Sorry ...

Comment

• pregame interviews
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-H_jVHnQSU
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Give me a break?! So every single D1 school in the country can have outside fans except RPI? Even the ivies allow fans. Cannot wait for Shirley and her lap dog athletic director to be gone. Complete non sense. How many of you have run a organization this large? What? That’s your reasoning for why RPI doesn’t allow fans to any event. It’s over the top heavy handed way to handle these student athletes.

Comment

• Does anyone get the sense Dave might be coaching for his job these last few weeks? Hard to tell when lee talks because everything is in riddles and secrets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                              Give me a break?! So every single D1 school in the country can have outside fans except RPI? Even the ivies allow fans. Cannot wait for Shirley and her lap dog athletic director to be gone. Complete non sense. How many of you have run a organization this large? What? That’s your reasoning for why RPI doesn’t allow fans to any event. It’s over the top heavy handed way to handle these student athletes.
                              Although I cannot prove this to be the case, I cannot help but feel that this entire season has been not only affected by the heavy handedness of the administration about Covid rules and regulation but perhaps affected far beyond what any of us can imagine.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• If Dave Smith doesn’t get a new contract (and is it certain he wants to stay here- has he stated that?), who does RPI have in mind to replace him? Perhaps the Administration will not renew his contract and they will go out and find someone to coach the team who has played college or even pro hockey, but has never coached above the youth hockey level like the Canadiens just did.

Comment

Working...
                                X