No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortunately for Dartmouth and Harvard, they are making the trip to Colgate and Cornell. Boston could be getting more than 2 FEET of snow while Troy should only be getting 1-3 inches. And Brown is playing at Princeton in about an hour. The women will be more affected then the men.
    Also, there is a Connecticut Ice Hockey tournament scheduled for tomorrow that will probably be postponed or cancelled.
    Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 01-28-2022, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Bennett steps down...

https://unionathletics.com/news/2022...key-coach.aspx
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Right now Jen and I are here at the Jersey shore and wish we were not. We are expecting a monster Noreaster tonight with over 12-18 inches of snow, winds over 50mph and temperatures dropping to numbers that will give wind chills well below zero tomorrow. With the way they treat snow down here, we should be able to get in time for the ECAC playoffs!! We have not had one like this in 10-15 years and with the increased population now here, this is going to be one big mess and dangerous to even venture out for days. if we are lucky enough to not lose power, life will not be intolerable indoors for a week. I have no idea if this storm will reach anywhere close to Troy or the rest of inland New England to affect the hockey schedules for the ECAC.
        Hunker down and stock up on the Ketel One ....gimlets for everyone is my prescription Doc !!!! All the best to you and Jenny.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Said to relate to "coaching style and practices..." i.e. Mark Morris redux... i.e. the snowflakes got him

Comment

Said to relate to "coaching style and practices..." i.e. Mark Morris redux... i.e. the snowflakes got him
            From CHN reporter Mike McMahon: https://***********/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...-fmCoHbr8Qzc5A

FWIW, I don't like it when sports reporters do this. Just report it out and try and get sources on the record.

Comment

• Press conference by Union AD on Bennett from today: https://***********/WNYT/status/1487...-fmCoHbr8Qzc5A

Comment

• The Times Union was able to get reaction from Rick Bennett: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...P-CP-spotlight

Comment

Hunker down and stock up on the Ketel One ....gimlets for everyone is my prescription Doc !!!! All the best to you and Jenny.
                  Wicked -started snowing here about an hour ago but nothing major so far. We will experience the brunt from midnight to about 10AM tomorrow. If we are in the eye of the storm (and it appears we will be) we can expect about 18 inches along with 50+mph winds. If power holds out, we are fine here with enough of everything. Nice to be in a position of not having to go out anywhere for as long as it takes to get this all cleared up. No Kettle One but a lot of Tito's available. I guess we can attribute this all to global warming. More likely climate change since yesterday it was not snowing and this is quite a change! Hope to able to listen to the game tomorrow but will depend on internet access.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndtXGzsa9cs
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I missed yesterday's game, and I am glad that I did.
                      When I started the scores thread, I let it be known that I didn't like playing this game at this time of the year. And you guys who watched or listened to the game know why.
                      Smith was happy with the way the team played. I get that. But we came off a really good victory and this game took a lot away from that momentum.
                      I wish we had a real goal scorer who could put some fear into the opposition, but we don't.
                      So it is on to Dartmouth.

Lets go Red!!!!!!!
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

• It was a good college hockey game and it came down to RPI not being able to beat a top notch goalie. They responded very well to the first period mistake that cost them the game. But I enjoyed being a part of it no matter what the weather was like.

as to the Bennett situation…I don’t think for one minute this came down to running tough practices. I am sure he was warned after the Appert situation to not lose control and I imagine he did the unthinkable: he put his hands on a player. And it was confirmed, perhaps even with video proof. You are never remembered for the 99% of the time you play by the rules, but by the one or two incidents that cross the line. There was no “don’t let it happen again” here or any other out for Bennett. I am sure he has no regrets. Maybe he should once in a while. Because that is the only thing that will prevent him from being in the exact same place down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          he put his hands on a player. Because that is the only thing that will prevent him from being in the exact same place down the road.
                          Unless you have proof of your accusation, you are speculating. An accusation is different from an opinion. Dutchman summed it up perfectly in his last post on the Union thread. You should read it! As for Coach Bennett being behind the bench again in the future,
                          I have no doubt in my mind that he will be involved in hockey. In my opinion, with today's players, he'd be nuts to coach again, but that's just my opinion.
                          Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 01-31-2022, 07:50 AM.
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Unless you have proof of your accusation, you are speculating. An accusation is different from an opinion. Dutchman summed it up perfectly in his last post on the Union thread. You should read it! As for Coach Bennett being behind the bench again in the future,
                            I have no doubt in my mind that he will be involved in hockey. In my opinion, with today's players, he'd be nuts to coach again, but that's just my opinion.
                            Totally agree.. there was so much speculation in his post I wouldn't even know where to begin. Having seen Bennett's interview with WTEN (I think) you could tell by his VERY measured remarks that he was biting his tongue. Just the fact that he went on camera speaks to his mindset. If he had thrown a kid around, there's no way his attorney would ever let him do an interview. At one point he said that when his head hit the pillow he would not lose any sleep...i.e. "...this is B.S. and I'm not gonna stick around here for this woke nonsense...."

The outpouring of support from his former players tells you all you need to know about the guy. It will be interesting to see how many kids depart Union to other programs.

Comment

Totally agree.. there was so much speculation in his post I wouldn't even know where to begin. Having seen Bennett's interview with WTEN (I think) you could tell by his VERY measured remarks that he was biting his tongue. Just the fact that he went on camera speaks to his mindset. If he had thrown a kid around, there's no way his attorney would ever let him do an interview. At one point he said that when his head hit the pillow he would not lose any sleep...i.e. "...this is B.S. and I'm not gonna stick around here for this woke nonsense...."

The outpouring of support from his former players tells you all you need to know about the guy. It will be interesting to see how many kids depart Union to other programs.
                              I guess he was just Mr. Wonderful, and yet, he is out of a job. I don't know what he did, and I don't care. But it is obvious that he did something so agregious to one or more persons that it cost him his job.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I guess he was just Mr. Wonderful, and yet, he is out of a job. I don't know what he did, and I don't care. But it is obvious that he did something so agregious to one or more persons that it cost him his job.
                                That is what it seems. BTW, he also seemed to be biting his tongue when interviewed on Ken Schott's podcast -- either that or he was holding back a string of cuss words.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X