No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in keeping with the title of this thread, let it be noted that in the next-to-last game of the 2019-20 season, RPI defeated Harvard at Bright, 2-0.

The team hasn't exactly played a whole season at that level, but if last night was an indication, maybe they're finally ready to start picking up where they left off. Better late than never.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

With Harvard losing two of their best players to the Olympics, they might not be as strong as they need to be for the next three weeks.
      Also, they have been shut out three times already this season, so maybe they are not as good as everyone thinks.
      Having said that, we still have to win the games that we are supposed to win to put us in a position for 4th. And that has not always happened this season.
      Take it one game at a time. And put in the same effort that they played with last night. That is all you can ask of any team.
      Here's my fantasy for this season. Covid cases plunge and we go into the final weekend of the season with 4th place on the line. Shirley, in a stunning last minute change of heart, throws open the doors of the Field House and the team wins both games in front of boisterous full houses. It's an absurdly optimistic reaction to yesterday's victory, but more pleasant than the downer I was on after investing two evenings in last weekend's snooze-fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Here's my fantasy for this season. Covid cases plunge and we go into the final weekend of the season with 4th place on the line. Shirley, in a stunning last minute change of heart, throws open the doors of the Field House and the team wins both games in front of boisterous full houses. It's an absurdly optimistic reaction to yesterday's victory, but more pleasant than the downer I was on after investing two evenings in last weekend's snooze-fest.
        Love it !!
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

As I was reading this I got to "Shirley, in a stunning last minute change of heart," and my mind finished this with "won't be retiring". : eek :
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I actually had a similar fantasy that they'd let fans in if they are home for the playoffs. One can hope I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Simply stated and spot on. We have to just go one game at a time... Great job by the boys and shows what they are capable of any given game.
              This was a great win, especially in view of the weekend's results. And as much as I enjoyed the win, couldn't help but recall Kepler's Third Law.

Comment

• Covid cases in Rensselaer County are falling just as fast as they rose. The peak was about a couple weeks ago. In a month's time, covid should not be a problem in the capital region if we continue following the current trends. The one good thing about Omicron being so infectious is that everyone gets exposed to it very quickly, which is why the peak is sharp and declines quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Covid cases in Rensselaer County are falling just as fast as they rose. The peak was about a couple weeks ago. In a month's time, covid should not be a problem in the capital region if we continue following the current trends. The one good thing about Omicron being so infectious is that everyone gets exposed to it very quickly, which is why the peak is sharp and declines quickly.
                  I hope you are right. The team could use some fan support at the games. I can't imagine a Freakout with no fans.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Covid cases in Rensselaer County are falling just as fast as they rose. The peak was about a couple weeks ago. In a month's time, covid should not be a problem in the capital region if we continue following the current trends. The one good thing about Omicron being so infectious is that everyone gets exposed to it very quickly, which is why the peak is sharp and declines quickly.
                    When we first began to discover some of the manifestations of this bugger, some of us felt this could be Mother nature's way of immunizing the planet. After all it is like delivering virus protecting material to much of the world - including all of those nations that are not and can not be receiving large amount of pharmaceutical prepared immunizations. Those medical people who study the history of medical pandemics know that is sort of what happened to end the great flu epidemic of 1918-1920. Misnamed as the Spanish Flu (it probably started in Kansas).
                    Hopefully Rensselaer county's number of case will continue to fall precipitously. The question will remain whether that is enough for the decision to be made by the powers in control, or whether they will shift their focus to some other metric and keep everyone in fear and of course keep everything locked down.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

When we first began to discover some of the manifestations of this bugger, some of us felt this could be Mother nature's way of immunizing the planet. After all it is like delivering virus protecting material to much of the world - including all of those nations that are not and can not be receiving large amount of pharmaceutical prepared immunizations. Those medical people who study the history of medical pandemics know that is sort of what happened to end the great flu epidemic of 1918-1920. Misnamed as the Spanish Flu (it probably started in Kansas).
                      Hopefully Rensselaer county's number of case will continue to fall precipitously. The question will remain whether that is enough for the decision to be made by the powers in control, or whether they will shift their focus to some other metric and keep everyone in fear and of course keep everything locked down.
                      The answer will come quick enough.

February has at least two OUTDOOR HOME contests scheduled. A lacrosse game in mid month and a baseball game at the end of the month. Neither game would have been very likely to draw a hundred spectators even before the pandemic.

If everyone including players' parents are either still watching lacrosse from the top of the hill at ECAV or baseball from the sidewalk on Eagle Street, everyone can just forget about attending anything indoors.

However, being naturally curious (especially when it comes to fork in tongue phony hypocrites) can any student, faculty or staff verify whether the assembly of personal guests that assembled in the private reception and catering area overlooking the football field for the six home games last fall have continued to do the same in the indoor counterparts overlooking either the basketball court or the hockey rink???

Comment

• Mayor's Cup pregame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3pzB6MbGeU
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

February has at least two OUTDOOR HOME contests scheduled. A lacrosse game in mid month and a baseball game at the end of the month. Neither game would have been very likely to draw a hundred spectators even before the pandemic.

If everyone including players' parents are either still watching lacrosse from the top of the hill at ECAV or baseball from the sidewalk on Eagle Street, everyone can just forget about attending anything indoors.

However, being naturally curious (especially when it comes to fork in tongue phony hypocrites) can any student, faculty or staff verify whether the assembly of personal guests that assembled in the private reception and catering area overlooking the football field for the six home games last fall have continued to do the same in the indoor counterparts overlooking either the basketball court or the hockey rink???

I'm not sure about that, but I know that media members have been allowed at the field house despite not being part of RPI

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Barring a miracle warm-up, a February baseball game in Troy is a pipe dream....we're talking 4 weeks from now. Snow shovels provided for the first 10 lucky fans ! HA
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Why in the h- - - did they do the interview while they had the wind tunnel fired up ? Nothing like having to shout over the raging background noise for the weekly presser. " How about we go outside to get away from the noise ??" Amateur hour example #132

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Barring a miracle warm-up, a February baseball game in Troy is a pipe dream....we're talking 4 weeks from now. Snow shovels provided for the first 10 lucky fans ! HA
                                Right now Jen and I are here at the Jersey shore and wish we were not. We are expecting a monster Noreaster tonight with over 12-18 inches of snow, winds over 50mph and temperatures dropping to numbers that will give wind chills well below zero tomorrow. With the way they treat snow down here, we should be able to get in time for the ECAC playoffs!! We have not had one like this in 10-15 years and with the increased population now here, this is going to be one big mess and dangerous to even venture out for days. if we are lucky enough to not lose power, life will not be intolerable indoors for a week. I have no idea if this storm will reach anywhere close to Troy or the rest of inland New England to affect the hockey schedules for the ECAC.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X