RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Wicked -If science was guiding any decisions, then I might have to press the rewind button and go back a bit over the last two years.
    Amen Doc.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• The Dartmouth game has been rescheduled for 2/1/22 at 6 PM. https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/1...scheduled.aspx
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        This whole thing is getting very confusing.
        https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/1...-saturday.aspx
        The logic here is probably "get them in while you can." Unfortunate that women's team has already lost two games and freeing up a date later in the season might allow for another game to get squeezed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

The logic here is probably "get them in while you can." Unfortunate that women's team has already lost two games and freeing up a date later in the season might allow for another game to get squeezed in.
          Since Yale and Brown are travel partners, it will allow Yale to play two games in Troy to make up for their lost game against us this weekend. However they are scheduled to play Union then one night so they would have to spend 3 days in the CD.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I see that Dartmouth has rescheduled their games against us and Union. Any word on the rescheduled date with Harvard? Could the Beanpot again play a part in rescheduling with Harvard?

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
              I see that Dartmouth has rescheduled their games against us and Union. Any word on the rescheduled date with Harvard? Could the Beanpot again play a part in rescheduling with Harvard?
              The Beanpot is without a doubt playing a role in that rescheduling. Harvard is always a huge pain in the *** with the Beanpot because they only want to play 1 game in the weekends before a Beanpot game (doesn't seem to make a difference considering that they're always in the consolation game!)

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

The Beanpot is without a doubt playing a role in that rescheduling. Harvard is always a huge pain in the *** with the Beanpot because they only want to play 1 game in the weekends before a Beanpot game (doesn't seem to make a difference considering that they're always in the consolation game!)
                And more often than not, we seem to be a team involved in the scheduling difficulties.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I always wonder if there are special Ivy League rules involved in creating this situation, e.g., the number of games that a team can play in any 7 day span in the regular season. I remember Ralph posting a future ECAC schedule a year or two ago and Union was going to draw the short straw for the Beanpot reschedule in a future season . . . but maybe that was scheduled to happen in 20-21. :-/

Comment

• Anyone know if the team is off pause and plans to play this weekend ?
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Anyone know if the team is off pause and plans to play this weekend ?
                      I hope so - I am getting bored.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I hope so - I am getting bored.
                        Me too. A group of us are continuing the NC trip tradition regardless. Hopefully we'll actually get to see RPI in person. I'm getting tired of watching Union ...ha ha

Comment

• The midyear NHL draft ranking has been released. http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...year=2022&pg=1

No RPI players or recruits are mentioned.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Talkin' Neers https://open.spotify.com/episode/4uY...051e99e33f4b07
                            Some important covid info somewhere in there about this weekend. Can't remember timestamp

Comment

• The only changes made on the RPI web site were for womens hockey, basketball and swimming/diving.
                              Men's hockey is still on as of today.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Since Yale and Brown are travel partners, it will allow Yale to play two games in Troy to make up for their lost game against us this weekend. However they are scheduled to play Union then one night so they would have to spend 3 days in the CD.
                                RPI women have a Tuesday road trip to Yale in two weeks to make up the game:https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/1...announced.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X