RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I might have to cash in one of Jenny's CDs to book a room in Princeton!!
    I wondered about that. :-)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Buckle up.......Cornell just went Code red for Covid 19

https://www.14850.com/121422991-cornell-red-alert-2112/

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
        Buckle up.......Cornell just went Code red for Covid 19

https://www.14850.com/121422991-cornell-red-alert-2112/
        Students are about to leave as it's finals week, so the problem will solve itself at RPI

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That's interesting. I guess it is cheaper to make two trips than to stay overnight.
          Hill is only about 1.5 hours from Hun, and the trip to Hun looks like it might be paired up with the Lawrenceville away game a couple of days later. Lawrenceville is 5 miles from Hun. But overnights for trips of that distance used to be very rare on the boarding school circuit. Do NEPSAC schools still adhere to the Wed/Sat class schedules for sports (school on Wednesday and Saturday ends at noon so teams can travel)? Hill and Lawrenceville are huge rivals, so there may be some special accommodation for travel in that case.

Comment

• Alaska just tripled its wins for the season tonight, winning its second against RPI. Not much good coming from this road trip.

Comment

• RPI only mustered 17 shots last night...certainly tough to win games with that tally. Fortunately, they have the opportunity tonight to go for a win to salvage a series split...which I think we'd all agree would be an acceptable outcome for a 4,000 + mile road trip. We'll see if they can get it done.

Smith was on Wyland's radio show yesterday. He sounded very positive about the trip was a great experience for the team and the welcome they've received. He noted that UA hockey in Fairbanks is a big deal and the only show in town (literally) in the winter with lots of fan support and interest.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Engineers outplayed in every aspect of game 4 in Alaska. This team cannot afford to play from behind. Hard to find any positives from this series.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgtrpi View Post
                  Engineers outplayed in every aspect of game 4 in Alaska. This team cannot afford to play from behind. Hard to find any positives from this series.
                  They got outplayed in every game. Marshall was the only reason they won game 1. I don't know how the team has been controlling play so well all season, and then did the complete opposite this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    RPI only mustered 17 shots last night...certainly tough to win games with that tally. Fortunately, they have the opportunity tonight to go for a win to salvage a series split...which I think we'd all agree would be an acceptable outcome for a 4,000 + mile road trip. We'll see if they can get it done.

Smith was on Wyland's radio show yesterday. He sounded very positive about the trip was a great experience for the team and the welcome they've received. He noted that UA hockey in Fairbanks is a big deal and the only show in town (literally) in the winter with lots of fan support and interest.
                    There is also the Fairbanks Ice Dogs in the NAHL. Todd Burgess played there.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

They got outplayed in every game. Marshall was the only reason they won game 1. I don't know how the team has been controlling play so well all season, and then did the complete opposite this weekend
                      I still don't understand why at least one of the other goalies did not play in a game.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still don't understand why at least one of the other goalies did not play in a game.
                        Thus far the season has gone just about the complete opposite of what I had thought. I felt we would have quite a bit of confusing play early with all the new players and it would take time to find the right combinations. I felt with each game we would see more and better team play as we became accustomed to ice time together. it has been the opposite in almost all regards. We have deteriorated in just about every category - face offs won, shots on goal, shots allowed, goals scored, goals allowed, power play percentage, short handed goals allowed, and of course, games won. Hate to say this but all we really have left that can make this season successful is to play far better in the ECAC games and try to salvage the year with a good showing in the ECAC playoffs.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Every season will have a high point and a low point. Let’s hope that this is the low point (can’t imagine it getting much lower). This team definitely needs the next two weeks off to regroup and get back to the way they were playing earlier in the season.
                          Would hate to be on that plane ride home today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Thus far the season has gone just about the complete opposite of what I had thought. I felt we would have quite a bit of confusing play early with all the new players and it would take time to find the right combinations. I felt with each game we would see more and better team play as we became accustomed to ice time together. it has been the opposite in almost all regards. We have deteriorated in just about every category - face offs won, shots on goal, shots allowed, goals scored, goals allowed, power play percentage, short handed goals allowed, and of course, games won. Hate to say this but all we really have left that can make this season successful is to play far better in the ECAC games and try to salvage the year with a good showing in the ECAC playoffs.
                            I haven't seen any of the games in Alaska. Is it possible, that we just didn't match up with them?
                            Outside of the Colgate/Cornell weekend, we played pretty good defense and held our opponents down in shots on goal. We played well in our own defensive zone and were competitive in those games.
                            Now we have gotten run over by Colgate, Cornell and Alaska. Except for the fact that we are talking about RPI, none of this makes sense.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

I'm guessing that Watson is hurt (or in the doghouse) and Smith thinks Miller is only a mop-up goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I'm guessing that Watson is hurt (or in the doghouse) and Smith thinks Miller is only a mop-up goalie.
                                If that is the case, hopefully we pick up a grad transfer for next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X