This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

With the way Shirley's crew screwed up the school's financial condition we may need a hard*** in the top office. They will need tight controls while rebuilding all of bridges she torched (financial, organizational and social) until fund-raising picks up and the school is restored to fiscal and educational order. Being seen as a supporter of students and student life, including athletics, is a way to generate goodwill and buy time while that happens.
    If the "82" in your handle refers to when you graduated from RPI, you overlapped with Schmidt. If so, do you remember him? E.g., was he involved in student government?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• pregame interviews
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmW_J2tHhSA
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Talkin' Neers https://open.spotify.com/episode/5sn...TLq0RMPM_CDi8A

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

If the "82" in your handle refers to when you graduated from RPI, you overlapped with Schmidt. If so, do you remember him? E.g., was he involved in student government?
          Yes, we overlapped, but his name didn't trigger any recollections. Then again, the only student government meeting I ever attended was when Mike Addesa presented his plan for scholarships to the E Board. If I ever ran into him it would be more likely as a member of a soccer, hockey or softball intramural team.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Yes, we overlapped, but his name didn't trigger any recollections. Then again, the only student government meeting I ever attended was when Mike Addesa presented his plan for scholarships to the E Board. If I ever ran into him it would be more likely as a member of a soccer, hockey or softball intramural team.
            That is one more student government meeting than I ever attended. :-)
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• attendance on Friday: 32
              https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...boxscore/16765

That must be a record. Rhetorical question: Why couldn't they allow outsiders to attend?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

attendance on Friday: 32
                https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...boxscore/16765

That must be a record. Rhetorical question: Why couldn't they allow outsiders to attend?
                They could have and we all could sit rows apart from each other! I have always wanted a seat directly on the red line at center ice.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• It may not have been a record. They probably had less fans when they played outdoors. But I’m sure it’s a HFH record. Even the women always draw more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    It may not have been a record. They probably had less fans when they played outdoors. But I’m sure it’s a HFH record. Even the women always draw more than that.
                    Not always. They had 15 yesterday. :-D
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not always. They had 15 yesterday. :-D
                      The concessions must have had a really bad day. Wonder if they sold more than 1 pretzel?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

The concessions must have had a really bad day. Wonder if they sold more than 1 pretzel?
                        I guess no one would care if the popcorn machine caught fire. :-)
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We are a big underdog against SUNY Cortland this Saturday in football. So far it looks like 14.5 points! As far as i can tell we have only played that school once before and handled them easily (2006) but this is a very different team with a huge offensive line and an offense that has almost not been stopped all season. Ithaca came back on them and lost 26-21 last week but no one else has really come very close.
                          We seem to be a 1/2 goal underdog to Northeastern for the Friday game in hockey.
                          We are now listed as a 1.5 goal underdog for Sunday with the most likely score 3-2 against. We have slipped a bit in the odds after the loss yesterday when we were listed as a 1 goal underdog for Sunday.
                          BTW we needed to play a virtually error free football game today being listed as a 2 touchdown underdog pre game. Apparently the weather at Cortland is atrocious even for our usual Troy standards with temperature at about 30 degrees and brisk wind and snow in the air.

Comment

• Do miracles come true? Final score RPI 21 Cortland 14. RPI held on at the end giving up a late TD to allow Cortland to close to within 7 with a little over a minute left. RPI did indeed play an almost error free game rushing the ball better than they have all season and passing well. They move on to the final 8 and will most likely have to face North Central Illinois, the number 1 ranked team in the nation. It goes without saying they will again be a rather large underdog (but they have shown that anything can happen with the Kardiac Kids). In any case, this now becomes one of the most successful RPI seasons in the school history and congratulations to the boys and the coaching staff for reaching this stage and going 11-1.

Comment

Do miracles come true? Final score RPI 21 Cortland 14. RPI held on at the end giving up a late TD to allow Cortland to close to within 7 with a little over a minute left. RPI did indeed play an almost error free game rushing the ball better than they have all season and passing well. They move on to the final 8 and will most likely have to face North Central Illinois, the number 1 ranked team in the nation. It goes without saying they will again be a rather large underdog (but they have shown that anything can happen with the Kardiac Kids). In any case, this now becomes one of the most successful RPI seasons in the school history and congratulations to the boys and the coaching staff for reaching this stage and going 11-1.
                              Wow! 8 left out of 225 division 3 football programs

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

Wow! 8 left out of 225 division 3 football programs
                                Think about this - the storied RPI hockey program has won a total of 6 games in the NCAA tournament over all the years. The RPI football team has now won 7 games over the years of the NCAA Division III tournament. i find that amazing since when i was at RPI RPI was busy setting an NCAA record for consecutive games without a victory!

Comment

Working...
                                X