This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

that tweet wasn’t directed towards fans like you.
    But i received it at least twice. :-) Later I received a tweet that it was a joke or something similar.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
      Daughter just saw an email stating outside spectators are allowed for soccer playoffs, and presumably football, or remaining outdoor sports playoffs. "For post-season outdoor games," outside spectators are required to
      Pre register online (cap of 4 people, nobody under age 12),
      required to sign a liability waiver as part of the pre-reg process,
      required to show proof of vaccination, and required to show a negative test.
      And of course, wear a mask.
      Outside spectators will be seated separatly from RPI kids and staff, and will be socially distanced with assigned seating.

"A decision has not yet been made on whether specators can attend indoor winter sporting events."
      Newest policy for families only. Not for general public fans. If the families of graduating football players on Senior Day were any indication, the newest policy will be passed on. Most of them remained on the hill rather than submit themselves to testing, registering on line and completing forms on line.

Like most working people who have to tend to their jobs and then travel very early on a Saturday to get to their kids game, they probably just don't have the time to do all this stuff that they don't have to do anywhere else. Not even at places that are on TV from noon to past midnight every single Saturday from late August through early January with some crowds exceeding 100,000. Not even at the small handful of indoor stadiums like Syracuse.

I'm retired and I know I would not even consider spending a single second chasing a carrot on a stick being manipulated by extremely elderly administrators who I have suspected for quite some time to be totally bats.

P.S. By the way, how did you make out with that refund for "services" that were neither ever delivered or needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Later I received a tweet that it was a joke or something similar.
        Yeah, I saw the subsequent Twitter discussion that confirmed that it was a joke that didn't quite land with the audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

P.S. By the way, how did you make out with that refund for "services" that were neither ever delivered or needed.
          Totally agree!

Her coach had to get involved. He was able to offer extra “scholarship” money to cover what should have been refunded. So we will see it in the form of credit or scholarship for next semester’s bill. Not sure if that’s actual scholarship fund or some kind of Monopoly money from RPI. And it was about a month ago that this happened too. So it took about 8 months to get it sorted. Elderly and bat-crazy indeed.

Comment

I'm retired and I know I would not even consider spending a single second chasing a carrot on a stick being manipulated by extremely elderly administrators who I have suspected for quite some time to be totally bats.
            TT: Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! has been my sentiment for a long time now although i would use a somewhat descriptive and more colorful term than 'bats'.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• For the football fans - huge game on the road for us at Union this weekend. Win and we get an auto bid for the NCAA tournament. Lose and Ithaca gets the bid and we would be out of the running. We are listed as a 7.5 point underdog for the game and probably rightly so. Union had been the last undefeated Liberty League team until last weekend when they were soundly beaten by Ithaca. A big strong team that has so often given us the most difficulty every season. Best of luck to our boys - Let's Go Red!

Early line for the hockey weekend has us as a light 0.5 goal favorite against Colgate and the prediction is a low scoring 2-2 or 3-2 outcome. Does anyone have a link for listening to the Friday game at Colgate on line? They used to broadcast games at one time on their local radio station WRCU 90.1 FM.

Comment

Newest policy for families only. Not for general public fans. If the families of graduating football players on Senior Day were any indication, the newest policy will be passed on. Most of them remained on the hill rather than submit themselves to testing, registering on line and completing forms on line.

Like most working people who have to tend to their jobs and then travel very early on a Saturday to get to their kids game, they probably just don't have the time to do all this stuff that they don't have to do anywhere else. Not even at places that are on TV from noon to past midnight every single Saturday from late August through early January with some crowds exceeding 100,000. Not even at the small handful of indoor stadiums like Syracuse.

Correct -- policy is families of either team for outdoor events. https://covid19.rpi.edu/announcements/spectator-update

I look forward to my second trip of the season to Hamilton ib Friday --this time to cheer on RPI. I look forward to again being greeted by their A.D., who was happily, cheerfully and SAFELY working the doors earlier this season.

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  For the football fans - huge game on the road for us at Union this weekend. Win and we get an auto bid for the NCAA tournament. Lose and Ithaca gets the bid and we would be out of the running. We are listed as a 7.5 point underdog for the game and probably rightly so. Union had been the last undefeated Liberty League team until last weekend when they were soundly beaten by Ithaca. A big strong team that has so often given us the most difficulty every season. Best of luck to our boys - Let's Go Red!

Early line for the hockey weekend has us as a light 0.5 goal favorite against Colgate and the prediction is a low scoring 2-2 or 3-2 outcome. Does anyone have a link for listening to the Friday game at Colgate on line? They used to broadcast games at one time on their local radio station WRCU 90.1 FM.
                  According to ecachockey.com, Colgate’s games are being broadcast on WKXZ, 94 or 99.3 FM. Check their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

According to ecachockey.com, Colgate’s games are being broadcast on WKXZ, 94 or 99.3 FM. Check their website.
                    I found that stream you posted - will wait and see what happens just before game time Friday. Cornell does have a listed stream for Saturday so at least we can follow along. Gosh, I really miss our guys on WRPI!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

TT: Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! has been my sentiment for a long time now although i would use a somewhat descriptive and more colorful term than 'bats'.
                      Never mind obliging whenever asked. How about:

1) On tilt (like the old pinball machines).
                      2) Dancing to the burner with the low flame.
                      3) Riding the elevator that don't go to the top floor.
                      4) Carrying a basket that's a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

Or you can just "borrow" one out of pop culture from the likes of icon William Shatner aimlessly wandering the halls, offices and conference rooms as senior partner of the firm of Crane, Poole & Schmidt in Boston Legal. Whenever he came across anyone he would blurt out his characters' name, tap his temple with his forefingers and volunteer his affliction. It went Denny Crane, tap tap, mad cow!!!

Comment

Never mind obliging whenever asked. How about:

1) On tilt (like the old pinball machines).
                        2) Dancing to the burner with the low flame.
                        3) Riding the elevator that don't go to the top floor.
                        4) Carrying a basket that's a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

Or you can just "borrow" one out of pop culture from the likes of icon William Shatner aimlessly wandering the halls, offices and conference rooms as senior partner of the firm of Crane, Poole & Schmidt in Boston Legal. Whenever he came across anyone he would blurt out his characters' name, tap his temple with his forefingers and volunteer his affliction. It went Denny Crane, tap tap, mad cow!!!
                        Having served a considerable time in the military, I was thinking more along the lines of FUBAR.

Comment

• USCHO article about the 'Tute.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/11/11/thi...n-plus-layoff/
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-11-2021, 03:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• pregame
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpTZzYH-w4
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Talkin' neers https://open.spotify.com/episode/6tM...oNZtfzSPw&nd=1

Comment

• Article about Brady Ferner https://www.therinklive.com/nchc/und...mq5dkg.twitter
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X