• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Oates
    Servinis
    Murley

honorable mention to Nienhuis, who scored a memorable PS against UNH in 84, I think
    SS-Before this shootout business, all the penalty shots taken and made were very memorable. I remember one in the Albany Times Arena that Tapper made on BU in a game we won that brought the house down. And i also recall the one you referenced made by Nienhuis. That 1984 team was special with as much offense as you could ever ask for.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• pregame video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go2V-jllWL0
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        No TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

No TV?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1ePnzfh-c
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks

Comment

• Very disappointing game last night.
              We blew a 2-0 lead and then we blew a lead in the third period.
              Once again, defensive giveaways and not taking advantage of really good scoring opportunities.
              Marshall can't cover up all of the giveaways, so we have to eliminate that part of our game.
              Give SLU credit for not giving up and playing their game.
              Here comes Clarkson.

Lets go red!!!!!
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

• Bit the bullet and subscribed to ESPN+ last night when the game wouldn’t come up on RPITV. Now watching the Women’s game against Qpac. After watching the men for years and all the great goalies and noting Owen Savory at U Mass Lowell swept BU last weekend, and watching the women the last few years , I am left with this question: why is the position that both the men’s and women’s team get great players to come to RPI to play is the goalie position? Why not scorers? Or Defense? Seems to be a large gap between the number of great goalies vs the other positions at least the last several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Very disappointing game last night.
                  We blew a 2-0 lead and then we blew a lead in the third period.
                  Once again, defensive giveaways and not taking advantage of really good scoring opportunities.
                  Marshall can't cover up all of the giveaways, so we have to eliminate that part of our game.
                  Give SLU credit for not giving up and playing their game.
                  Here comes Clarkson.

Lets go red!!!!!
                  Overall, a good weekend. Friday's disappointment could have been avoided but for a couple moments of madness defensively from some players who are normally much better. Tonight, I liked the way the team handled a tight game, and was nice to see Linden make some big saves when it was still up for grabs.

Comment

• postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUaxtbtPN5c
                    highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtKVW1v6BE
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• After watching the highlights it is clear that Marshall stepped up and saved the defensive giveaways again. We need to cut down on those if we want to contend for a bye at the end of the season.
                      This team looks very good as long as Marshall keeps up the good work behind them.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

• Thinking about the defensive corps, does anyone know why Hallbauer sat? Was he responsible for some of SLU's goals?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thinking about the defensive corps, does anyone know why Hallbauer sat? Was he responsible for some of SLU's goals?
                          He simply had one of his poorer games against SLU. One giveaway led directly to a goal and some of his shot selections were not up to his usual best. He is normally a very solid defenseman with a very good shot. if there is one thing that would help might be just a little more size and strength to clear out in front of the net. He has all the talent needed but simply had one bad game. I liked that coach got a couple new boys into the mix last night but his switching around the lines made for some miscommunications early. As the game progressed, line mates started to feel more comfort with each other and anticipate their movement better. I had posted well before the season started that this team will hopefully get that comfort with each other as the season moves on and only feared the early schedule would demonstrate a lack of cohesiveness until that developed. After 9 games, they have made it through that early period and no team yet has found them an easy touch. i had predicted 21+ wins and may have to revise that upward. As far as total league wins, I can tell a lot better after facing Colgate and Cornell on the road next weekend.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

SS-Before this shootout business, all the penalty shots taken and made were very memorable. I remember one in the Albany Times Arena that Tapper made on BU in a game we won that brought the house down. And i also recall the one you referenced made by Nienhuis. That 1984 team was special with as much offense as you could ever ask for.
                            Another memorable one - 2011 at Colgate in the old Starr Rink. Colgate on the PP in OT. Chase Polacek gets hauled down on a partial breakaway and the ref awards a penalty shot. Polacek scores to get the win.

Not only a pretty GWG, but rarer than a triple play.

Comment

Thinking about the defensive corps, does anyone know why Hallbauer sat? Was he responsible for some of SLU's goals?
                              Hallbauer has not played up to his potential all year long, in my opinion. He can (and has in the past) played at a level that's much higher than what he has shown this season. He needs to play better, plain and simple, and hopefully the scratch will wake him up.

Comment

• Guess this means I’m starting the game thread on Friday
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X