• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highlights https://t.co/Kx5sVcvkqk?amp=1
    game summary https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/1...ey-opener.aspx
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• We have climbed back to #8 in the still meaningless pairwise. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/pairwise/
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Ken Schott's podcast about Friday's game. https://dailygazette.com/2021/10/30/...in-over-union/
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I have to agree with Schott about the atmosphere at the game. It was lame! The crowd never really got into it at all. I thought there were less RPI fans in the stands last night, than when we played them in the exhibition game. Maybe I am just used to games at the HFH. The refs really took the flow out of the game. We really need to pick up our face offs wins. It seemed like we lost everyone. I feel like Mashie really improved his game a lot. Bennett must be really mad, since he didn't let his players speak to the media. I do have to say Union's chuck a puck contest has more participants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Ken Schott's podcast about Friday's game. https://dailygazette.com/2021/10/30/...in-over-union/
            Nice road win for the Engineers. Interesting comments from KS on the fan atmosphere. Since when do you comment and analyze the crowd as a sportswriter? Then, when the Union players do not do the post game interview, he's upset about it on behalf of the Union fans not getting the perspective of the Union players. At least Union has fans. I can't wait for his crowd analysis after tonight's game!
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• For the football fans - RPI beats Ithaca!!! 14-11 in a totally improbable game. RPI held one of the top offensive teams in the nation scoreless for the entire first half. Was holding a 7-0 lead. Ithaca kicked a 40 yard field goal (they have a very good place kicker who can reach the goal posts from up to 50 yards away. Second half RPI kept bending on defense but not breaking and eventually scored a 2nd TD to go up 14-3. All of this with their #1 quarterback out injured and being directed by their 2nd string QB. Eventually with very little time left Ithaca scored to make it 14-9 and went for 2 points which failed. But got a second try when we were called for a penalty on the conversion and they succeeded and it was 14-11. RPI tried to run out the clock but could not and Ithaca drove down deep into the RPI end to se up what would be a FG attempt to tie the game. What seemed like a chip shot from the 35 for their kicker - was pulled far right and RPI WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                For the football fans - RPI beats Ithaca!!! 14-11 in a totally improbable game. RPI held one of the top offensive teams in the nation scoreless for the entire first half. Was holding a 7-0 lead. Ithaca kicked a 40 yard field goal (they have a very good place kicker who can reach the goal posts from up to 50 yards away. Second half RPI kept bending on defense but not breaking and eventually scored a 2nd TD to go up 14-3. All of this with their #1 quarterback out injured and being directed by their 2nd string QB. Eventually with very little time left Ithaca scored to make it 14-9 and went for 2 points which failed. But got a second try when we were called for a penalty on the conversion and they succeeded and it was 14-11. RPI tried to run out the clock but could not and Ithaca drove down deep into the RPI end to se up what would be a FG attempt to tie the game. What seemed like a chip shot from the 35 for their kicker - was pulled far right and RPI WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Far Left :-D.

Why they played conservative with over three minutes left up by three on their own 20 beats me. Luckily it didn’t come back to bite them.

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

Far Left :-D.

Why they played conservative with over three minutes left up by three on their own 20 beats me. Luckily it didn’t come back to bite them.
                  I am dyslectic so for me it was far right!! Actually you are correct and i just miss spoke like the politicians usually do. What an exciting game for one with so few scores. Now that blocked extra point against Hobart looms so large. This league could be in as much as a 4 way tie for first if Hobart comes back to defeat union. i think our defense today was pretty incredible especially when you look at the offensive line for Ithaca. They had 3 linemen that together weigh about 1/2 ton!!!!!!!!
                  I too was very surprised how conservative we played late in the game but perhaps we had to with our first string QB out of the game from just before the first half ended. I do think that given some more game time, however, our 2nd string showed he can be quite a good fill in. He is more mobile and threw a few clutch passes in that second half. All in all just one exciting game. now to watch our ladies and then hoping for a big win tonight!!!

Comment

• Love how Schott keeps acting like RPI only won because of a lucky bounce on the Mahshie goal but ignores that Union got gifted their first goal on an equally lucky bounce

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      Love how Schott keeps acting like RPI only won because of a lucky bounce on the Mahshie goal but ignores that Union got gifted their first goal on an equally lucky bounce
                      Sez: As i am sure you would agree, all bounces of the puck are somewhat lucky. They don't often come up like they would if they were a nice round ball. I do think that broadcasters and sports writers would understand that if they had actually played the game. Whether anyone likes or dislikes Dan Fridgen, he did score 114 college goals for Colgate and he would not usually make a comment like that.

Comment

• Jericho: Obviously you saw the football game - what was the call that allowed Ithaca a second shot at the two point conversion when the score was 14-9? I heard the ref announce something but the RPI player involved was quite upset and was tossed from the remainder of the game. I tried to rewind and watch the platy but the camera just did not quite stay on the QB after the ball was thrown so i could not see if there was any sort of illegal contact to the head or roughing the passer??? if not for that, Ithaca would have need a TD in the last seconds instead of going for the FG (which thankfully was pulled left)

Comment

Sez: As i am sure you would agree, all bounces of the puck are somewhat lucky. They don't often come up like they would if they were a nice round ball. I do think that broadcasters and sports writers would understand that if they had actually played the game. Whether anyone likes or dislikes Dan Fridgen, he did score 114 college goals for Colgate and he would not usually make a comment like that.
                          I said Ken Schott not Dan Fridgen

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I said Ken Schott not Dan Fridgen
                            I know - i was just using Dan as a comparison as someone who has played the game (rather well i might add) as a counter point to Schott who made the comment about the bounce of the puck.

Comment

• COVID policy at all ECAC schools. https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2021-...tator_Policies

Not too useful.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-30-2021, 04:59 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jericho: Obviously you saw the football game - what was the call that allowed Ithaca a second shot at the two point conversion when the score was 14-9? I heard the ref announce something but the RPI player involved was quite upset and was tossed from the remainder of the game. I tried to rewind and watch the platy but the camera just did not quite stay on the QB after the ball was thrown so i could not see if there was any sort of illegal contact to the head or roughing the passer??? if not for that, Ithaca would have need a TD in the last seconds instead of going for the FG (which thankfully was pulled left)
                                indeed it was a roughing the passer. Quite obvious. I think he was slammed down to the turf, that’s what got the ejection

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X