Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC overtime and shootout rules, both men's and women's versions, and how they count for the NCAA and the ECAC, which are different. https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2021-...Structures.pdf

But for thread starting, which is the really important part ;-), shootouts are ties and OT, even though 3x3 now, still counts the same as regulation.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-26-2021, 04:08 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      My theory is that RPI fans gobbled up the tickets due to not being able to attend home games. The alternative is that Union fans are irrationally excited about a 1-4-1 team. I think it's pretty obvious which is more likely
      It's also homecoming weekend at Union. You always used to be able to snag a standing room ticket at a minimum, I wonder if they started limiting those. Regardless, I hope your analysis of the reason is correct: the upside of that is it might feel a bit more like a home game for RPI and offer a bit of a lift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        It's a sellout for Friday night vs. Union at Itza Messa...hopefully the boys in Cherry and White get it done !
        Is it an actual sellout, or are they only selling a limited amount of tickets to keep fans separated?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          Has a search for her successor begun yet? Does anyone know?
          I have an e-mail from the Office of Alumni Relations, dated July 20, reporting that a search committee had been formed. The search committee would be assisted by Witt/Kieffer Inc., an experienced search firm in the area.

The search committee, according to my quick and unofficial count, includes 22 names. FWIW, I remember one of them, Gary DiCamillo, from my student days, and I think Gary's a good man.

I would think that by now the search committee has begun its work. Just hope that 22 cooks won't be enough to spoil the broth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Is it an actual sellout, or are they only selling a limited amount of tickets to keep fans separated?
            From my limited research on the Union website, they haven't announced any capacity restriction for the indoor facilities. That doesn't mean that one isn't in place; just odd that it's completely sold out, even the standing room tickets.

Comment

ECAC overtime and shootout rules, both men's and women's versions, and how they count for the NCAA and the ECAC, which are different. https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2021-...Structures.pdf

But for thread starting, which is the really important part ;-), shootouts are ties and OT, even though 3x3 now, still counts the same as regulation.
              Why have a shoot out if you do not get a win? I do like the fact that you get a point for a tie.
              The shoot outs just diminish what used to be the most exciting play in the sport. The penalty shot. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

From my limited research on the Union website, they haven't announced any capacity restriction for the indoor facilities. That doesn't mean that one isn't in place; just odd that it's completely sold out, even the standing room tickets.
                The wording on the website states: "...Tickets for Friday's Union-RPI hockey game are SOLD OUT! The building has reached capacity and tickets are no longer being sold."
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

The wording on the website states: "...Tickets for Friday's Union-RPI hockey game are SOLD OUT! The building has reached capacity and tickets are no longer being sold."
                  I saw that. I think the definition of "capacity" in October 2021 might be different than what is was in October 2019, but if it is a legit sellout, that will be a great atmosphere for the players.
                  Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 10-27-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Why have a shoot out if you do not get a win? I do like the fact that you get a point for a tie.
                    The shoot outs just diminish what used to be the most exciting play in the sport. The penalty shot. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
                    Shootouts count for the league standings, but not for the NCAA. For the league, it is 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT or shootout win, 1 point for an OT or shootout loss, and 0 points for a regulation loss. For the NCAA a shootout win or loss is a tie (i.e., .5), but an OT win is .55 and a OT loss is .45.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I would think that by now the search committee has begun its work. Just hope that 22 cooks won't be enough to spoil the broth.
                      Anything would almost have to be better than the meal we have been served for the past 20+ years.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Shootouts count for the league standings, but not for the NCAA. For the league, it is 3 points for a regulation win . . . .
                        I like giving an additional points for victories to further separate it from a 1 point tie, but not sure it makes sense to combine that with post-OT shootout.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Anything would almost have to be better than the meal we have been served for the past 20+ years.
                          Doc, be careful what you wish for.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Doc, be careful what you wish for.
                            I certainly feel as you do. Right now i would simply want a nice rare Prime Rib dinner and a nice bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild from one of the better 1960's vintages.
                            My fear is that there could be considerable input on the selection by the present administration. In which case my meal seelction might be switched to Chicken McNuggets and some Ripple.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• pregame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sa1Ed-1x58
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Woah! I know that college hockey is way behind other sports re: professionalizing the game, but ...https://www.novusclothingcompany.com/turelindenshop.

Comment

Working...
                                X