No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaks for itself and probably requires no further elaboration.

However Sez, you may want to consider leaving the in depth, hard hitting and investigative reporting to those "not reachable" by that drunk with power administration (and maybe also their "campus safety" militia now supposedly possessing public enforcement power too!!!) at least until you have the sheepskin in hand. Would not want to hear that anything "happened" to you in the meantime. Like getting suspended, expelled or "committing" some "public safety" offense involving their troops!!!

Leave that to the locals, including those who publicly criticize the regime at every opportunity, who at most only attend athletic events but are neither employed there, contract there nor are seeking a degree there. All they can possibly do to any of them within the bounds of sanity and lucidity is ask them to leave any athletic venue on their property. Frankly, especially these days, the most likely reaction may very well be a "who gives a f---". Outside those bounds, especially as bats as this administration appears to have gone, only your imagination could possibly conjure.

Remember, is their a mind or imagination anywhere that one year ago could have even conceived of the following. Grandparents of RPI football players, some in their 80's, wishing to witness their grandkids competing at an elite level for the final few times EVER being forced to do so as they are presently doing. That is watch from a hill far far away, using binoculars just to see and having to tromp their way in to the woods just to pee!!! The latter much harder for the 80ish grandmothers.

While my personal favorite term of "endearment" for any entity that makes any decision that leads to the above is obviously BATS, I do have to yield the floor to a guy named Frank Rossi who does periodic podcasts for d3 football. He termed it best with a BEYOND HUMAN DECENCY!!!

Comment

• An extract from a message from Shirley:

Therefore, our overall no visitor policy remains in effect. However, given that our student-athletes were not able to compete last year, and have been competing without spectators this year, we will allow families of senior student-athletes to attend the following Senior Day events in which they have a student-athlete competing:

Sunday, October 24, Field Hockey
      Wednesday, October 27, Men's Soccer
      Saturday, October 30, Football
      Saturday, October 30, Women's Soccer
      She is all heart. ;-)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Pregame press conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whO8lvNtJlw.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          An extract from a message from Shirley:

Therefore, our overall no visitor policy remains in effect. However, given that our student-athletes were not able to compete last year, and have been competing without spectators this year, we will allow families of senior student-athletes to attend the following Senior Day events in which they have a student-athlete competing:

Sunday, October 24, Field Hockey
          Wednesday, October 27, Men's Soccer
          Saturday, October 30, Football
          Saturday, October 30, Women's Soccer

She is all heart. ;-)
          She certainly is, Ralph. However, the devil is in the details. Here is what families must do in order to avail themselves to this "privilege". Please note that I have had to do absolutely NONE of the following at any outdoor event I have attended since at least June covering everything from high school games to the pro level. There are no and/or options below. They must all be done.

1) Pre register online. Don't know what that involves since I never had to do it ANYWHERE else.
          2) Provide proof of vaccination. Not that big a deal, About two thirds of people are already fully vaccinated. A number already have third shots.
          3) Provide a negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of the event family members wish to attend. Not as easy. My pharmacy does the tests but cannot return results within 48 hours, PERIOD. However, they refer to a nearby urgent care center that can "MOST OF THE TIME". It is also free at the center but only for the insured. Self insured or uninsured and it's about $150.
          4) Sign a liability waiver also on line. Don't know what that involves since I never had to do it ANYWHERE else.
          5) Wear a mask outdoors the entire time you are there. Just as you know who did at the INDOOR conference in Washington.
          6) Family of players limited to units of four will receive assigned seating in the visitor's section bleachers only and be completely separated from the students, faculty and staff in the stadium proper. Further, all family units will be socially separated from other family units by at least two seats. Just as you know who was separated by two seats from the other panelists at the conference in Washington. In addition, as the great announcer Don Pardow used to say "and that's not all Bill!!!" outdoor johns will be provided!!! Not much but, especially if you ever been in one of those things, MAY possibly beat going in the woods.

All of this just to go to a freaking outdoor game in a 5,000 plus seat stadium that often did not even draw four figures before the pandemic (in fact, less than many high school games around here). Are you kidding me!!! Are very many of the family members even going to consider doing all this or will they just stay on the dammed hill and use the woods for just one more home game. Especially since they know they can just as easily travel to the three remaining away games and enjoy that day like normal human beings. Remember, next to none of the families live in the Capital District anyway. It really does not matter to most of them where the game is.

Lastly and thankfully for the families, any potential post season game at either the NCAA or ECAC level will also be away. Utterly inconceivable that either of those organizations would entangle one of their post season games with the whims and whacky "science" of these whack jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

She certainly is, Ralph. However, the devil is in the details. Here is what families must do in order to avail themselves to this "privilege". Please note that I have had to do absolutely NONE of the following at any outdoor event I have attended since at least June covering everything from high school games to the pro level. There are no and/or options below. They must all be done.

1) Pre register online. Don't know what that involves since I never had to do it ANYWHERE else.
            2) Provide proof of vaccination. Not that big a deal, About two thirds of people are already fully vaccinated. A number already have third shots.
            3) Provide a negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of the event family members wish to attend. Not as easy. My pharmacy does the tests but cannot return results within 48 hours, PERIOD. However, they refer to a nearby urgent care center that can "MOST OF THE TIME". It is also free at the center but only for the insured. Self insured or uninsured and it's about $150.
            4) Sign a liability waiver also on line. Don't know what that involves since I never had to do it ANYWHERE else.
            5) Wear a mask outdoors the entire time you are there. Just as you know who did at the INDOOR conference in Washington.
            6) Family of players limited to units of four will receive assigned seating in the visitor's section bleachers only and be completely separated from the students, faculty and staff in the stadium proper. Further, all family units will be socially separated from other family units by at least two seats. Just as you know who was separated by two seats from the other panelists at the conference in Washington. In addition, as the great announcer Don Pardow used to say "and that's not all Bill!!!" outdoor johns will be provided!!! Not much but, especially if you ever been in one of those things, MAY possibly beat going in the woods.

All of this just to go to a freaking outdoor game in a 5,000 plus seat stadium that often did not even draw four figures before the pandemic (in fact, less than many high school games around here). Are you kidding me!!! Are very many of the family members even going to consider doing all this or will they just stay on the dammed hill and use the woods for just one more home game. Especially since they know they can just as easily travel to the three remaining away games and enjoy that day like normal human beings. Remember, next to none of the families live in the Capital District anyway. It really does not matter to most of them where the game is.

Lastly and thankfully for the families, any potential post season game at either the NCAA or ECAC level will also be away. Utterly inconceivable that either of those organizations would entangle one of their post season games with the whims and whacky "science" of these whack jobs.
            Wow, she is really going the extra mile. When is she retiring again? Can't come soon enough.
            I am all for caution during this pandemic, but this is ridiculous.
            Now, there is a game tonight. so lets forget about Shirley for the weekend.
            Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

• No Yale road game for me this season. They've announced their winter sports rules, which include the standard vax and mask requirements plus a 75% of capacity limitation and no concessions at Ingalls Rink. More important for me, because of the 75% limitation they will only be offering season tickets to the general public (students can get single game tickets). I'm not sure why they aren't offering single tickets as their season base + students do not add to 75%, but they probably decided it was too hard to manage.
              Last edited by rpi82; 10-15-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Friday postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucqiZlVl04
                Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55apQbgaYzU
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• No one commented, so I am going to count games that go shootouts as ties for the purpose of Game Thread Starting stats. I will also count OT wins as regular wins and OT losses as regular losses. (Despite the fact that I started the second BG game which would have counted as .45 wins if I did it as pairwise does it.)

BTW, we somehow are #4 in pairwise now. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No one commented, so I am going to count games that go shootouts as ties for the purpose of Game Thread Starting stats. I will also count OT wins as regular wins and OT losses as regular losses. (Despite the fact that I started the second BG game which would have counted as .45 wins if I did it as pairwise does it.)

BTW, we somehow are #4 in pairwise now. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php
                    i think we need to celebrate being ranked as #4! Or do you think it might be a tad early?
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• For the football fans - we are at Hobart right now and they televise their games on their website. This is the first real test of our 6-0 team. We are guaranteed a winning season with only 4 games left but 3 of the 4 are against nationally ranked teams and today could be a rather severe test. Hobart has often been a nemesis for us.

Comment

No one commented, so I am going to count games that go shootouts as ties for the purpose of Game Thread Starting stats. I will also count OT wins as regular wins and OT losses as regular losses. (Despite the fact that I started the second BG game which would have counted as .45 wins if I did it as pairwise does it.)

Ralph: Very confusing on why there was a need to screw around with a great game like this and determining wins and losses with 3 x 3 OT or shootouts. What you are suggesting makes as much sense as possible given all of this.

Comment

• Hobart defeats RPI in football 10-9 as we missed the extra point that would have tied the game with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. Really miss Andrew Franks at times like this!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Hobart defeats RPI in football 10-9 as we missed the extra point that would have tied the game with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. Really miss Andrew Franks at times like this!!!

it was blocked, not missed. Two very different things.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

it was blocked, not missed. Two very different things.
                              Saw the play and yes it was blocked - and i still miss Andrew who made us a threat to score any time we crossed mid field. I thought we were going to get destroyed at Hobart and the team did fabulous to just stay close. Shame to lose on a play which is almost an automatic point. i wonder if coach had thought about going for 2 after the touchdown to try to perhaps take the lead??

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Saw the play and yes it was blocked - and i still miss Andrew who made us a threat to score any time we crossed mid field. I thought we were going to get destroyed at Hobart and the team did fabulous to just stay close. Shame to lose on a play which is almost an automatic point. i wonder if coach had thought about going for 2 after the touchdown to try to perhaps take the lead??
                                I wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the flow, but based on Kurt and Yancey's commentary, I think that was the correct decision. You're 6-0 going in, and a loss does major damage to a league title opportunity considering the upcoming schedule. Put it in the hands of the defense which has been playing great. Take your chances in OT.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X