This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I can foresee lots of drinking here and will have to stock up on good quality Vodka and lots of fresh limes for Gimlets. I am a traditionalist especially with hockey. I find nothing wrong with a game deserving to end in a tie (both of this weekend's games for example) when neither team deserves to win or lose. I never liked many of the changes in sports for lots of reasons but it makes comparing statistics from the past with the present virtually impossible. You can guess how much I hate the DH rule in baseball!!
    with so many flags representing various residents of different players on the team, I think the choice of alcoholic goal celebrations should reflect the same. Some nice Borivicka for Jakob Lacka, or Koskenkorva Mint in honor of Ottoville Leppanen, or of course some nice French Cognac for Justin Adammo…
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

with so many flags representing various residents of different players on the team, I think the choice of alcoholic goal celebrations should reflect the same. Some nice Borivicka for Jakob Lacka, or Koskenkorva Mint in honor of Ottoville Leppanen, or of course some nice French Cognac for Justin Adammo…
      When Adammo scores I expect Jenny and i to have some Remy Martin Louis XIII here for celebration. For those others it will have to be high profile Vodka (Ultimat most likely) as i am unfamiliar and will have to research the others you mention.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Saw it just about exactly as you described. One very soft goal along with a few really good tough saves. OT goal probably should never have happened but these things are what we should expect when we have 3 on 3 situations.
        I saw the same. Maybe give the other 2 goalies a look this weekend. See what we have and challenge the skaters to protect. Friday I notice #5 Baxter and #7 Bowman several positive plays.

Comment

• Does anyone have any information on Canisius, other than they split two games with Penn State last weekend?
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Does anyone have any information on Canisius, other than they split two games with Penn State last weekend?
            Take a look at Red Army's Non-Conference Preview http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=455
            Even though that was written 2 months ago, it all still applies

Comment

• Rensselear Back At It After One-Year Absence

but what about Rensselaer? ;-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

The attendance for the two games were 484 and 361, respectively. Perhaps that is only faculty and staff who paid because students got in free.
                I got word that this was the number of students FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I got word that this was the number of students FWIW.
                  Sez; Can you give us long time local fans the lowdown on a sign I drove by today in front of the Heffner Alumni House. It read Admission Event Parking.

Are those "external" people being allowed to enter any campus facility indoor or out?

Any idea if they can use any facilities should the need to heed the calls of nature arise just as the football families have to?

If not, are they all headed out to the woods too?

Come to think of it, if everybody has to keep going out to the woods, it won't be long before all the animals leave on account of all these "tourists" tromping all over their homes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Sez; Can you give us long time local fans the lowdown on a sign I drove by today in front of the Heffner Alumni House. It read Admission Event Parking.

Are those "external" people being allowed to enter any campus facility indoor or out?

Any idea if they can use any facilities should the need to heed the calls of nature arise just as the football families have to?

If not, are they all headed out to the woods too?

Come to think of it, if everybody has to keep going out to the woods, it won't be long before all the animals leave on account of all these "tourists" tromping all over their homes!!!
                    Yes, I actually mentioned this some other time a few weeks ago! Prospective students and their families are allowed on campus for tours, and since they're allowed on campus, I assume they're allowed to use the bathrooms. I guess "external" people are allowed on campus when they might end up paying RPI 80K a year.

Oh also media members are allowed at hockey games FWIW. I saw Sean Martin and Joe Boyle at the games this weekend. And as I think you mentioned, tony, Shirley's family and other friends were in her press box for the football game.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Take a look at Red Army's Non-Conference Preview http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=455
                      Even though that was written 2 months ago, it all still applies
                      Agree with the write up. The have several ( 7 or 8 ?) grad transfers - so they'll have plenty of experience. I am sure they'll be a tough opponent.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Apparently we are not the only league school having trouble deciding how much to open up athletic venues. Yale still has not sent me any hockey ticket info. Based on all the tickets I've purchased from them over the years under normal circumstances they would have sent season ticket and individual game info long before now. Their ticket site still says that hockey ticket info is "Coming Soon."

Meanwhile at Cornell they posted the following: "For the 2021-22 season, the fall semester games are available to purchase on a game-by-game basis only, due to the ever-changing environment. All spring semester games (January-March 2022) are included in the 2022 Season Ticket package, which includes the Harvard and Dartmouth games. The men's hockey 2021-22 schedule is available HERE." The 2022 Season Ticket package is not on sale yet. For individual games the rules are, "All 2021 games will become available for purchase the Tuesday prior to the home hosted contest. Games throughout the Fall 2021 semester will be reevaluated on a game-to-game basis. This on-going evaluation may impact capacity, COVID guidelines, etc." As of now all indoor events will also require either proof of vaccination or a negative test result within 72 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          Apparently we are not the only league school having trouble deciding how much to open up athletic venues. Yale still has not sent me any hockey ticket info. Based on all the tickets I've purchased from them over the years under normal circumstances they would have sent season ticket and individual game info long before now. Their ticket site still says that hockey ticket info is "Coming Soon."

Meanwhile at Cornell they posted the following: "For the 2021-22 season, the fall semester games are available to purchase on a game-by-game basis only, due to the ever-changing environment. All spring semester games (January-March 2022) are included in the 2022 Season Ticket package, which includes the Harvard and Dartmouth games. The men's hockey 2021-22 schedule is available HERE." The 2022 Season Ticket package is not on sale yet. For individual games the rules are, "All 2021 games will become available for purchase the Tuesday prior to the home hosted contest. Games throughout the Fall 2021 semester will be reevaluated on a game-to-game basis. This on-going evaluation may impact capacity, COVID guidelines, etc." As of now all indoor events will also require either proof of vaccination or a negative test result within 72 hours.
                          According to the Yale website, they have not yet announced their plans for indoor sport spectators..."Coming Soon" is shown in the ticket window.
                          So RPI and Yale (for now) are "No"...all other ECAC hockey schools are selling tickets with vax/neg. test requirements the SOP.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• https://poly.rpi.edu/news/2021/10/ja...dc-conference/

Comment

• New Talkin' Neers https://open.spotify.com/episode/6pL...21bd1537bd40b0

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

According to the Yale website, they have not yet announced their plans for indoor sport spectators..."Coming Soon" is shown in the ticket window.
                                So RPI and Yale (for now) are "No"...all other ECAC hockey schools are selling tickets with vax/neg. test requirements the SOP.
                                Princeton's policy is that visitors at indoor events must be vaccinated with no exceptions. It goes on to say that self-attestation is required, so that sounds like they will take your word for it if you say you've been vaccinated, and will let you in.

It does say that children under the age of 12 may not attend any indoor events, which presumably stems from the fact that there is no vaccine for children under 12 yet, so a child under 12 couldn't be vaccinated. I suppose if the parent attests that the child is 12 and has been vaccinated, they'll take the parent's word for that, too.

Fans must wear masks at all times and social distancing is recommended, when possible. Based on what I've seen in the past, when RPI plays Princeton, there are enough people in the stands to preclude social distancing. Maybe social distancing is easier to maintain with some of Princeton's other opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X