RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Not being really expert in anything except the practice of medicine - I have no idea. But i keep thinking how everything is now in flux. The entire world has changed these past 2 years and I am sure affected recruiting for college sports teams. i think the old rules and the old methods can just be thrown out the window. You have to adapt to what you are given. Although it may be early to say this, but coach Smith seems very capable of doing just that. he is willing to go after and take what is given and available and then try to mold it or make it into what will work. I am very pleased what he has shown us so far and only hope this can continue. I don't mind losing (what the hell am I saying?) I hate losing, and just want to see us with teams that win 20-30 games every year.
    Coach Smith has been able to do what previous coaches were not. And that is he has been able to have his players buy into his system.
    We have had more talented teams in the past and players were just not willing to buy in, or the coaches were not able to adjust to the skill set of the players they had.
    That is just my opinion.
    Does anyone have a scouting report on Bowling Green?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Coach Smith has been able to do what previous coaches were not. And that is he has been able to have his players buy into his system.
      We have had more talented teams in the past and players were just not willing to buy in, or the coaches were not able to adjust to the skill set of the players they had.
      That is just my opinion.
      Does anyone have a scouting report on Bowling Green?
      No specific info on this year's team other than they lost to UM 7-1 last week, and they have some kid named Swankler on the squad...can't recall why that rings a bell.... . A 20 win team from a year ago, I am sure they'll give us plenty to handle.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

No specific info on this year's team other than they lost to UM 7-1 last week, and they have some kid named Swankler on the squad...can't recall why that rings a bell.... . A 20 win team from a year ago, I am sure they'll give us plenty to handle.
        Austin Swankler is the kid who successfully petitioned the NCAA for eligibility after spending a year in the OHL. The NCAA admitted they screwed up but left his eligibility intact. It was in all the papers.

We lost 60% of our scoring from last year. We have some good freshmen and some solid transfers and decent goaltending. We got demolished in an exhibition game at Michigan last weekend, but it’s hard to tell much from that since everyone played and Michigan is stacked. We’re in the dark about our team right now as much as everybody else. I’m just hoping for a good showing; anything more is a bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

i seem to recall they have won 20 or more most if not all of the past 5 or 6 years.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            Austin Swankler is the kid who successfully petitioned the NCAA for eligibility after spending a year in the OHL. The NCAA admitted they screwed up but left his eligibility intact. It was in all the papers.
            With his track record don't be surprised if he's somewhere else next season.

Comment

• https://open.spotify.com/episode/1pD...6e50c142da41e6

New episode of Talkin' Neers

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

With his track record don't be surprised if he's somewhere else next season.
                Completely agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

We lost 60% of our scoring from last year. We have some good freshmen and some solid transfers and decent goaltending. We got demolished in an exhibition game at Michigan last weekend, but it’s hard to tell much from that since everyone played and Michigan is stacked. We’re in the dark about our team right now as much as everybody else. I’m just hoping for a good showing; anything more is a bonus.
                  Just for your information, I suspect that Wicked was referring to the fact that Swankler was at one time an RPI recruit before he started wandering around the hockey world.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• C's and A's announced. https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/1...-captains.aspx
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      Good to listen to these again.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Just for your information, I suspect that Wicked was referring to the fact that Swankler was at one time an RPI recruit before he started wandering around the hockey world.
                        Ahhhh…gotcha.

I’d seen he’d jumped around a lot and with the portal now available won’t be surprised if he jumps again.

Comment

• Any chance we are going to have Pick to Click returning?

Comment

• EHF,

You started the Dartmouth game thread in 2020 which we won, so you get to start today's in the Scores forum. :-)

This is the first time since 1985 that we start a season on a winning streak. :-)
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-08-2021, 03:23 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              Any chance we are going to have Pick to Click returning?
                              Hopefully. After 1 1/2 years without a game, I have forgotten all of the traditions. Who ran that?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Game program is now being posted on-line https://publogi*****/e/21-RPIMHGD1/ :-)
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-08-2021, 03:38 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X