This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Some of the RPITV crew are alums like you and me. Come to think of it, so are the WRPI football announcers.
    I think it has been conclusively shown that alums like us are not considered essential. But I have felt that was the case long before the pandemic.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I think it has been conclusively shown that alums like us are not considered essential. But I have felt that was the case long before the pandemic.
      You two may not be considered “essential” to management, but you sure are essential to us posters in here…

Comment

FWIW, Clarkson is planning a home white out event to kick off their 100th season and UMass sold out their upcoming home opener....and here at RPI we can't even organize a road travel / group ticketing effort....but we'll refer you to a well-intentioned civilian who can help you out! Amazing
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

So did a handful of "big boy" alum donors who were featured in a 2018 Times Union article upon pulling their dough on account of the inept upper management. If I recall correctly, the "spokesman" for the group was both a former RPI athlete himself and the father of an 90's or so RPI hockey player.

As you may recall, the "institutional" response can in the form of a blast email from some imbecilic faculty member who called the big boys racists, sexists and, yes, the previously unheard of "heightists".

Needless to say, the big boys are all gone now and their chances of ever returning, at least under this administration, are about the same as an Asian Pacific gal has of ever getting the guy at the end of a Hallmark movie.

Of course, should the new President come next July possess the presently unknown modicum of common sense or even touch with reality, step one in trying to get these guys back is to fire the imbecile. Then, tenured or otherwise, let the legal chips fall where they may. Whatever it ends up costing, such ardent supporters of the current administration simply have to go. PERIOD!!!

Most importantly and beyond anything athletic or donor wise, the next one in the big chair better have the capabilities (for the aero engineering folks) of firing the retro rockets and applying full reverse thrusters IMMEDIATELY!!! Otherwise the whole dammed institution may face the prospect of going from one of the world renowned great ones to just another place that has engineering.

Comment

In honor of Lauri Sertti and Hannah Price, today is 29 September 2021. There are 3 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

You two may not be considered “essential” to management, but you sure are essential to us posters in here…
              Many thanks! It has been an interesting 2 year period. here in NJ I was considered non-essential because all I did was surgically remove skin cancers (including many advanced and if untreated probably lethal melanomas). I would guess though that if some high ranking politician in this state thought they had one on their face, my phone would be ringing rather quickly. i may only be doing this on a part time basis but for some strange reason, i still think saving a few lives each year might qualify as essential,
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Simon Kjellberg and Michelle Nutescu, today is 30 September 2021. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New episode of Talkin' Neers for the new season https://open.spotify.com/episode/5RG...d78c2079f94624

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    New episode of Talkin' Neers for the new season https://open.spotify.com/episode/5RG...d78c2079f94624
                    Great!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A lovely email from Smitty in the old in box today....urging us to go to a bar to watch the Union exhibition. This apparently instead of attempting to brave the arduous 7 mile drive to Schenectady to ya know, WATCH ACTUAL LIVE HOCKEY !!! The latest insult courtesy of the thought police in Troy. I'm sure he was forbidden from encouraging attendance at other ECAC schools who are actually allowing the unwashed to attend events. I for one will be there in person.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        A lovely email from Smitty in the old in box today....urging us to go to a bar to watch the Union exhibition. This apparently instead of attempting to brave the arduous 7 mile drive to Schenectady to ya know, WATCH ACTUAL LIVE HOCKEY !!! The latest insult courtesy of the thought police in Troy. I'm sure he was forbidden from encouraging attendance at other ECAC schools who are actually allowing the unwashed to attend events. I for one will be there in person.
                        Not sure why you're mad about this. It's pretty obvious that DS would not send that of his own accord, and everyone here hates the administration who clearly does not care about students, alumni and fans. Go to the game and have a great time. I'm really looking forward to it

Comment

Not sure why you're mad about this. It's pretty obvious that DS would not send that of his own accord, and everyone here hates the administration who clearly does not care about students, alumni and fans. Go to the game and have a great time. I'm really looking forward to it
                          The truly sad irony of it all is one is far more likely to be exposed to a respiratory bug in a packed bar room setting then you ever would be in a drafty ice rink with 50' ceilings... pathetic.

Comment

The truly sad irony of it all is one is far more likely to be exposed to a respiratory bug in a packed bar room setting then you ever would be in a drafty ice rink with 50' ceilings... pathetic.
                            You are correct. Shirley is on year 22 of her power trip though and doesn't care about doing things that make sense as long as she's still making $5 million every year

Comment

In honor of Linden Marshall, today is 1 October 2021. There is 1 day until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You are correct. Shirley is on year 22 of her power trip though and doesn't care about doing things that make sense as long as she's still making $5 million every year
                                Addressing both observations.

Once again both Frank Rossi and James Baker addressed RPI's spectator policy on their In The Huddle (D3) football podcast of Sept. 29. In light of the "science" virtually everyone else is currently following, especially outdoors, the terms they used for RPI's present spectator policy is STUPID and DELUSIONAL. As in follow the science when it excuses oppression and then ignore it when it does not but continue to oppress anyway.

Frank and Jim saved their best for the latest stunt RPI's administration pulled on the parents and grandparents who now stand or sit very far away on a grass hill just for a chance to watch their kids play. Apparently, the relatives had the "unmitigated" nerve to briefly duck in to ECAV to use the facilities during the first two home football games. However, the "current science" RPI is using must have deemed this practice to be too dangerous to both public and campus health so they locked up the building for home game number three. The result was that parents in their later 40's and 50's and grandparents in their 70's and 80's were now forced to the woods in order to heed the calls of nature. Frank and Jim termed this administration stunt as BEYOND HUMAN DECENCY and I could not agree more.

The $5 million a year figure appears to be inflated. As a tax exempt educational organization under section 501 (c) 3 of the IRS Code, RPI is required to annually file a very lengthy Form 990. In turn the IRS is required to post the actual return on their website for viewing by the general public. Thus, nothing nefarious or shady is required for anyone to obtain this information. One of a multitude of items required to be disclosed on that return is the total compensation packages of directors, key employees and highest compensated employees and, if compensated, officers and trustees (it appears the latter two groups are not compensated). Generally, the minimum requirement to "make the disclosure list" is a total compensation package of at least $150,000. RPI has 18 such employees plus two more that are required to be revealed elsewhere on the 990 on account of their "significant relationship" to ANY of the first 18.

For the individual of interest the compensation listed on the 2020 Form 990 for tax year 2019 is as follows: Base Compensation $1,288,271. Bonus and Incentive Compensation $500,000. Other Reportable Compensation $59,000. Retirement and Other Deferred Compensation $765,719. Nontaxable Benefits $34,955. The Total Compensation is $2,647,945.
                                Not bad but not 5 million either. Seriously doubt even RPI would be stupid or arrogant enough to report understated numbers to the IRS.

Unfortunately, the 2021 Form 990 for tax year 2020 is yet to be posted by the IRS. Eventually, pandemic related delays not withstanding, it will be before all that much more time passes. When it is posted it will take mere seconds to determine if that 5% pay reduction actually applied to any of the chosen 20 or if it was just another RPI bait, switch, con and fraud. It is highly unlikely that 2020 compensation figures for any of the chosen 20 were reduced on account of their being furloughed.

Comment

Working...
                                X