No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In honor of Jack Agnew, today is 26 September 2021. There are 6 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Question, on the RPI web site, the football schedule shows that the games are on RPItv and WRPI. The hockey schedule does not.
      Should we be worried?
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Question, on the RPI web site, the football schedule shows that the games are on RPItv and WRPI. The hockey schedule does not.
        Should we be worried?
        Still a little early to be worried - but that is what they invented Xanax for!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Anthony Baxter and Taylor Zahirnyi, today is 27 September 2021. There are 5 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Mason Klee, today is 28 September 2021. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Should we be worried?
              Anything's possible with SAJ calling the shots...but fingers crossed she deems RPITV as an essential workforce !!!!!
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

RPI tv was there for the women's exhibition game. There's nothing to worry about

Comment

Preseason coaches poll has picked for 8th, tied with union https://***********/ecachockey/statu...676650505?s=20
                  They will prove that wrong easily. As Dave Smith said, "get back to me in March". https://dailygazette.com/2021/09/27/...-coaches-poll/
                  I did an in depth ECAC breakdown for Red Army and used a mathematical model to create predictions http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=475

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Preseason coaches poll has picked for 8th, tied with union https://***********/ecachockey/statu...676650505?s=20
                    They will prove that wrong easily. As Dave Smith said, "get back to me in March". https://dailygazette.com/2021/09/27/...-coaches-poll/
                    I did an in depth ECAC breakdown for Red Army and used a mathematical model to create predictions http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=475
                    Great work and post. Your breakdown for Red Army had me reading for an hour! Mostly agree with virtually everything you wrote. I do think RPI could be vastly under rated and if they can fit together and gain that on ice chemistry we hope for early enough in the season, they could be on the top 4 conference cusp. Disagree a bit on some of the descriptions and I would rate both Dartmouth and Princeton just a bit higher. Baker rink down here in NJ is a very peculiar place for visiting teams to play and often Princeton takes advantage of that and can play far more competitively at home. I do not see any real contender that can approach QU and Harvard Cornell Clarkson are close to a lock for the top 4.
                    Really appreciated your detailed descriptions and although I find myself virtually never agreeing totally with anything ever posted, found myself just sitting here and nodding positively for just about the entire post. Great job, well done!!

Comment

RPI tv was there for the women's exhibition game. There's nothing to worry about
                      Not worried about RPI TV - but the game for the ladies with Syracuse was a home exhibition. The game this week is an away exhibition with Union. Do not expect TV coverage. I think ehf was more concerned with the WRPI radio coverage. I fully expect our radio guys to be on the air with the TV broadcasts resuming with the home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Anything's possible with SAJ calling the shots...but fingers crossed she deems RPITV as an essential workforce !!!!!
                        I suspect her definition of an essential workforce is the accounting firm she utilizes!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I suspect her definition of an essential workforce is the accounting firm she utilizes!!
                          Some of the RPITV crew are alums like you and me. Come to think of it, so are the WRPI football announcers.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great work and post. Your breakdown for Red Army had me reading for an hour! Mostly agree with virtually everything you wrote. I do think RPI could be vastly under rated and if they can fit together and gain that on ice chemistry we hope for early enough in the season, they could be on the top 4 conference cusp. Disagree a bit on some of the descriptions and I would rate both Dartmouth and Princeton just a bit higher. Baker rink down here in NJ is a very peculiar place for visiting teams to play and often Princeton takes advantage of that and can play far more competitively at home. I do not see any real contender that can approach QU and Harvard Cornell Clarkson are close to a lock for the top 4.
                            Really appreciated your detailed descriptions and although I find myself virtually never agreeing totally with anything ever posted, found myself just sitting here and nodding positively for just about the entire post. Great job, well done!!
                            Appreciate the compliments DrD! Glad that you enjoyed reading it!

Comment

Not worried about RPI TV - but the game for the ladies with Syracuse was a home exhibition. The game this week is an away exhibition with Union. Do not expect TV coverage. I think ehf was more concerned with the WRPI radio coverage. I fully expect our radio guys to be on the air with the TV broadcasts resuming with the home games.
                              Oh I misread his post then. The TV coverage for this weekend should be on ESPN+. Since it's a local game, I would assume Perry is on the call for WRPI, but we probably won't know that for sure until saturday

Comment

Appreciate the compliments DrD! Glad that you enjoyed reading it!
                                I think this year, more than most, will show the true worth of our coach. I expect his comment about being called in March will ring very true and positive. We may not have the single star players that ECAC schools like QU and Harvard have, but I fully expect us to be fighting for a first round bye i the playoffs or at least a high home seed in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X