This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

It's about time to start this thread. Thanks to 25+years for the title and all the others who offered suggestions.

Previous thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...or-red-october
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Have the Captains been announced?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am hoping and perhaps even expecting this thread to last all the way into April - Would love for the next off season to be the shortest possible.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

For the football fans - RPI 24 WPI 10. We finally rang up some offense both running and passing. Good offensive performance and even better defense holding WPI to only small to moderate gains all through the game. Very difficult game to watch. YouTube transmission very jumpy, impossible to follow when the broadcaster is calling both teams the Engineers. Plus the WPI guys try hard but are no match for our Kurt Stutt who gives you time and situation updates just enough to keep you on top of the game. There was no game clock on the display and you had to guess how much time remained throughout. In any case, again, a win is a win and we are now sporting a very nice 3-0 record but the schedule gets far more difficult from here on in.

Comment

In honor of TJ Walsh and Taylor Larsen, today is 19 September 2021. There are 13 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Since football recaps are posted, I will post one for the RPI exhibition game vs Syracuse. RPI won 3-2. :-) RPI had two early goals (Wagner and Erbenova) then Syracuse tied it in the second on a goal on a delayed RPI penalty and another in the ensuing pp. Julia Blitz scored the GWG in the 3rd.

Edit: I had listed Mika Jahnke originally as getting the second goal because that is what I recalled, but then saw the box score that gives Erbenova, so I changed it https://rpiathletics.com/sports/wome...boxscore/16790. OTOH, the article https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/9...xhibition.aspx gives the younger Jahnke.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-19-2021, 08:49 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not one who usually follows our women's hockey team in depth - can anyone give me some information about the quality of the opposition for this game? (Syracuse) Obviously happy for the victory but simply trying to get some perspective of how this might predict our future success.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Not one who usually follows our women's hockey team in depth - can anyone give me some information about the quality of the opposition for this game? (Syracuse) Obviously happy for the victory but simply trying to get some perspective of how this might predict our future success.
                I can't, but perhaps someone on the women's thread can. The goalie they used in the first period seemed shaky. They had a size edge on RPI, but RPI's goalie, Rampado, seemed good.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I can't, but perhaps someone on the women's thread can. The goalie they used in the first period seemed shaky. They had a size edge on RPI, but RPI's goalie, Rampado, seemed good.
                  Thanks RB - just trying to get some sense of how this season may shake out. I watched a bit of the game and we were not badly outplayed but we did seem to be out shot and as you mentioned, their first goalie seemed a bit shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    It certainly has to be called an upset. Syracuse was picked in preseason polls to finish second in the CHA. RPI's opponent next week, Mercyhurst were picked for third. Syracuse had a record just a little under .500 last year but are returning most players from that team. BTW, I just started a new thread for the women's team. Pop on over there from time to time .

Comment

In honor of Audrey McCutcheon, today is 20 September 2021. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post

It certainly has to be called an upset. Syracuse was picked in preseason polls to finish second in the CHA. RPI's opponent next week, Mercyhurst were picked for third. Syracuse had a record just a little under .500 last year but are returning most players from that team. BTW, I just started a new thread for the women's team. Pop on over there from time to time .
                        HAB: Will do. I have often read your posts over there but rarely if ever comment since I did not have much information to add. I had watched some of the games when we had that world class goalie!! Appreciate your input - nice to be off to a good start even if it counts only as an exhibition. Anxiously awaiting the boys starting in 2 weeks having been quite depressed without my almost weekly infusion of goals and assists!

Comment

In honor of Ottoville Leppanen and MJ Alexander, today is 21 September 2021. There are 11 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Dylan Davies and Ellie Kaiser, today is 22 September 2021. There are 10 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone - Are there any other Division I hockey teams that broadcast their games on You Tube without fee like RPI TV does? Or has everyone else joined the ESPN+ pay channel?

Comment

Working...
                              X