Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

    Hopefully. After 1 1/2 years without a game, I have forgotten all of the traditions. Who ran that?
    Lugnut92. Is he still around?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      EHF,

      You started the Dartmouth game thread in 2020 which we won, so you get to start today's in the Scores forum. :-)

      This is the first time since 1985 that we start a season on a winning streak. :-)
      I was up early and tried, but the good doctor beat me to it.
      I think we will be ok.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

        Hopefully. After 1 1/2 years without a game, I have forgotten all of the traditions. Who ran that?
        Lugnut92 ran that, and it will not be happening. He stopped using USCHO after the update

        Comment


        • Thanks. Many memories. Thanks to all the posters. Will watch tonight.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            This is the first time since 1985 that we start a season on a winning streak. :-)
            I did write "streak" which implies at least two games as we won a few third place games in the ECAC tourney.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-08-2021, 01:24 PM.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

              I was up early and tried, but the good doctor beat me to it.
              I think we will be ok.
              EHF- Terribly sorry - I was up very early (our cat is the furry alarm clock) and out of here quickly before reading the thread with RB's post. Did not know we were waiting to start. Hope i do not jinx us. My fingers are crossed for the season and I fully expect 21 wins, 13 in the ECAC and a run for 4th place. I wonder how others feel about these numbers.
              Because of the very long layoff from hockey I have no idea about most of the teams we play. I expect QU to be the class of the league followed closely by CCT. Other than that I truly do not have a clue. Our record may simply be a function of how long it takes this team to gel. I think there is enough talent and desire and it will just be figuring out how to win by committee.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                EHF- Terribly sorry - I was up very early (our cat is the furry alarm clock) and out of here quickly before reading the thread with RB's post. Did not know we were waiting to start. Hope i do not jinx us. My fingers are crossed for the season and I fully expect 21 wins, 13 in the ECAC and a run for 4th place. I wonder how others feel about these numbers.
                Because of the very long layoff from hockey I have no idea about most of the teams we play. I expect QU to be the class of the league followed closely by CCT. Other than that I truly do not have a clue. Our record may simply be a function of how long it takes this team to gel. I think there is enough talent and desire and it will just be figuring out how to win by committee.
                I had actually thought of starting the thread myself before you did, but then it dawned on me that we had won our last game in 2020. So I looked up who started that thread and saw it was EHF. This was the first time, of course, since we have been doing this that we ended the season with a win.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Okay, so I do intend to get Pick to Click, the ECAC standings prediction contest, and my weekly KRACH prediction threads going this year, but obviously it's a little late to do anything about PtC for this weekend, and I apologize for that.

                  If you want, pick one guy each for RPI and BGSU and if they do anything that would normally earn points, you'll start with one bonus point when I actually get the game going (I don't want to do full scoring because most people probably won't see this before puck drop). I'll let late submissions slide too, but they'll only earn a bonus point based on the results of tomorrow's game.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

                  2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    Okay, so I do intend to get Pick to Click, the ECAC standings prediction contest, and my weekly KRACH prediction threads going this year, but obviously it's a little late to do anything about PtC for this weekend, and I apologize for that.

                    If you want, pick one guy each for RPI and BGSU and if they do anything that would normally earn points, you'll start with one bonus point when I actually get the game going (I don't want to do full scoring because most people probably won't see this before puck drop). I'll let late submissions slide too, but they'll only earn a bonus point based on the results of tomorrow's game.
                    You have been missed!!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Okay, so I do intend to get Pick to Click, the ECAC standings prediction contest, and my weekly KRACH prediction threads going this year, but obviously it's a little late to do anything about PtC for this weekend, and I apologize for that.

                      If you want, pick one guy each for RPI and BGSU and if they do anything that would normally earn points, you'll start with one bonus point when I actually get the game going (I don't want to do full scoring because most people probably won't see this before puck drop). I'll let late submissions slide too, but they'll only earn a bonus point based on the results of tomorrow's game.
                      Good to have you back. :-)
                      If I understand you want one player from each team, and these will be for both games.
                      I'll go with
                      1985 champs: Sellar
                      1984 champs: Swankler
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • RPI was the better team tonight and should have won. Nonetheless, I'll take the tie over a loss

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          RPI was the better team tonight and should have won. Nonetheless, I'll take the tie over a loss
                          How was the attendance?
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • TV news story about fan situation.
                            https://wnyt.com/troy-new-york-news/...669/?cat=10114
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huobJWMWSyc
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • For the football fans - at the half RPI 14 Buffalo State 3. But it is a much closer looking game than the score indicates. Buffalo has moved the ball fairly well and only a late score by RPI has this game that far apart. BTW Buffalo has about the biggest offensive line I have seen with 2 fellows at 6'7" and 6'8" and each at about 400 pounds (one is a freshman!!!)
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X