X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigGuy View Post

Jeff Brick. 15:16 of the third period.
    Obviously you remember it clearly. It surprises me that it was Brick as the image in my mind was one of our smaller penalty killing forwards (Kelly Askew came to mind but I didn't think it was him). Brick was not a big guy but he was pretty average sized. I guess that's what you lose in 30 years. I clearly remember, however, being shocked by the call at the time as I thought he batted it in a continuous motion rather than catching it and throwing it

Comment

• And the referee who made that call? One of the infamous Murphy's. I have always considered that game stolen from us. But then again, after following for 59 years, I could say that several other times.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Ture Linden was named a finalist for the ECAC PotY. https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/3...-the-year.aspx
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The winning mega millions ticket was sold in Schenectady. 84.5 million. Maybe RPI will beat Harvard, maybe not, but I didn’t buy that ticket
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
            The winning mega millions ticket was sold in Schenectady. 84.5 million. Maybe RPI will beat Harvard, maybe not, but I didn’t buy that ticket
            I'd split it with you - but i did not win it either. Just to rub it in, it will probably turn out to be a Union fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Obviously you remember it clearly. It surprises me that it was Brick as the image in my mind was one of our smaller penalty killing forwards (Kelly Askew came to mind but I didn't think it was him). Brick was not a big guy but he was pretty average sized. I guess that's what you lose in 30 years. I clearly remember, however, being shocked by the call at the time as I thought he batted it in a continuous motion rather than catching it and throwing it
              I have a box score published in the Times Union. But I was also at the game and thought the call was completely ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                And the referee who made that call? One of the infamous Murphy's. I have always considered that game stolen from us. But then again, after following for 59 years, I could say that several other times.
                It was Dan Murphy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I'd split it with you - but i did not win it either. Just to rub it in, it will probably turn out to be a Union fan.
                  What if Shirley A. Jackson won it?

Actually, my last manager at GE was telling me that he loved those stories about the winning ticket being held jointly by 15 friends/coworkers/newcomers to America. Unless, of course, his wife held the ticket and she was the only one...
                  Last edited by fr. joe; 03-10-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Ralph, make sure you are the one to start the scores thread tomorrow! You're on the winning streak!

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      Ralph, make sure you are the one to start the scores thread tomorrow! You're on the winning streak!
                      I have thought of it, but I must remember it in the AM. :-)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGuy View Post

It was Dan Murphy.
                        He made several 'questionable ' calls all game long but especially late in the third period.

Comment

• Ture Linden was named to the 2nd team ECAC All Star https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...50382297083917.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• pregame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqur0-ltCOE
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Big fan of Kelly Askew and Jeff Brick... and Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn. Latter two were very talented pests, alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

Big fan of Kelly Askew and Jeff Brick... and Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn. Latter two were very talented pests, alright.
                                I remember Neil and Terry as a kid, when they would work the RPI hockey camps for kids in the summer. Very nice guys, as well! A few years later, Joe Juneau worked the camps. Fond memories of them all.

When Juneau worked the camps, I remember we were doing some drill where you would line up along the boards at the goal line while you waited your turn to skate. Of course, being kids, we would be lazy and lean up against the boards to get some extra rest before it was our turn to go. Juneau used to skate along the boards with his stick out in front of him and "scrape" us off the boards, as a way of teaching us not to cut corners and to be ready. It was a little window into the personal discipline and attention to detail that made him a great player and, later, youth coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X