This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vicious View Post

I am a non-student going Friday night and Sunday (if there's a game to be played). Family commitment keeps me from going Saturday night. Well said rpi82. I also go back to the Ian Harrison days and made the trips to Boston in the 80s and was in Detroit in 1985. Many years of incredible wins, memorable players, coaches, and plays, and some heartbreaking losses. Regardless of restrictions, feelings about Shirley etc. I set that aside and attend to show my support for the team.
    Thanks. I get that many feel they've been mistreated far more than they should have to tolerate, but I thought the Talkin' 'Neers episode was very telling. It's clear that the players, who've suffered the impact of the pandemic and the administration response more than anyone, are looking forward to RPI-style fan support and I hope they get it. I'll watch Friday and Saturday, either live or a few hours delayed, but that doesn't help the team. I hope the crowd that does show up gives them the lift they need. If not, I hope they at least make it through to Sunday and I'll make every effort to get there.
    Last edited by rpi82; 03-03-2022, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• I stand with rpi82 and vicious. Pandemics and administrations come and go. The teams, the legacy, and the boys endure. They have persevered through significant challenges and deserve our support. LGR!

PS - the Talking Neers podcast has become a must listen and the last episode was great! Keep up the great work!!!
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
        I stand with rpi82 and vicious. Pandemics and administrations come and go. The teams, the legacy, and the boys endure. They have persevered through significant challenges and deserve our support. LGR!

PS - the Talking Neers podcast has become a must listen and the last episode was great! Keep up the great work!!!
        Agree but would add that both the pandemic and the administration both lasted far too long.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Still looking for suggestions for a title for an offseason thread which we better not need today or tomorrow.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Still looking for suggestions for a title for an offseason thread which we better not need today or tomorrow.
            Looking for Consistency

Comment

Still looking for suggestions for a title for an offseason thread which we better not need today or tomorrow.
              Will see what sort of character this team has tonight. Backs are up against the wall and we are forced to win 2 games in a row. But you cannot win 2 in a row unless you win one in a row first. Hoping for our boys to give everything they got.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgtrpi View Post

Looking for Consistency
                We hate when it gets late early.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

We hate when it gets late early.
                  Could you explain? It gets late early in the winter, and this is a summer thread.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• post game interviews
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDBh6YfXOFs
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Will see what sort of character this team has tonight. Backs are up against the wall and we are forced to win 2 games in a row. But you cannot win 2 in a row unless you win one in a row first. Hoping for our boys to give everything they got.
                      They showed that character last night, now they have to bring it today.
                      Please, no more soft goals!!!!!!
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

off season thread - Pack Up all Your Cares and Woes.
                        Or as the Brooklyn Dodgers lamented each year after being beaten by the Yankees when i was a kid in Canarsie - Wait until Next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

off season thread - Pack Up all Your Cares and Woes.
                          Or as the Brooklyn Dodgers lamented each year after being beaten by the Yankees when i was a kid in Canarsie - Wait until Next year!
                          Both good, although the first one might not make sense to young'uns.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Both good, although the first one might not make sense to young'uns.
                            A lot of what we talk about makes little sense to them, but then again, they can GOOGLE it.

Comment

Same school, different Schmidt

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Ok looking to go 2 in a row with the thread title……Surely, We Deserve Better.

Comment

Working...
                                X