Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...85847796928514

    RPI freshman goalies with 3+ shutouts:

    Nathan Marsters (4)
    Jason Kasdorf (3)
    Jack Watson (3)
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...90082177593349

      In RPI's 50th trip to Hanover since 1976, the Engineers pick up first road shutout of Big Green.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • And more importantly our win yesterday coupled with Cornell losing to Brown puts us 4 points behind Cornell. Both have 8 games remaining. Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is if we win the return match with them? Hopefully it isn't total goal difference or something else with the scores being important.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...85847796928514

          RPI freshman goalies with 3+ shutouts:

          Nathan Marsters (4)
          Jason Kasdorf (3)
          Jack Watson (3)
          That's good company, but he reminds me of my favorite RPI goalie. Joel Laing.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            And more importantly our win yesterday coupled with Cornell losing to Brown puts us 4 points behind Cornell. Both have 8 games remaining. Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is if we win the return match with them? Hopefully it isn't total goal difference or something else with the scores being important.
            According to the ECAC, after head-to-head, the next tie breaker would be total wins (regulation and overtime) followed by total points earned vs. the top 4 teams, then against the top 8. So goal differential means nothing.
            At the moment, Cornell has 8 total wins to our 7.
            Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 02-02-2022, 09:15 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

              Now that I have seen him a couple times he reminds me a lot of former RPI goalie (and a good one) Jason Kasdorf. Very early to say much but he has a presence in goal. Given a good set or two of defensemen in front of him with good communication, can be capable of making opposing forwards have to think more about trying to find a way to get one past him. Current save percentage and GAA would rank him in the top 3 I believe. Would like to see him play in person - and this Friday might be our chance as it is only 55 minute drive. I have been told Princeton updated their attendance policy for indoor events as of yesterday and this morning I went out early and did not see my shadow.
              They did. I will be at the Princeton game with a lot of family. It's cancer awareness night

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                And more importantly our win yesterday coupled with Cornell losing to Brown puts us 4 points behind Cornell. Both have 8 games remaining. Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is if we win the return match with them? Hopefully it isn't total goal difference or something else with the scores being important.
                It is wins (regulation + OT), no shootout wins.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

                  That's good company, but he reminds me of my favorite RPI goalie. Joel Laing.
                  Laing was a once in many decades surprise and had a great RPI career. But his style and appearance in goal was very different from what I have seen so far from Watson who appears more like Kasdorf or even Marsters.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                    Laing was a once in many decades surprise and had a great RPI career. But his style and appearance in goal was very different from what I have seen so far from Watson who appears more like Kasdorf or even Marsters.
                    I am sure the you are correct about style. I was going by results.
                    Laing played at a time when I was making many trips to Troy and got to see him a lot in person. He was always in good position like Watson, but he did not have the glove hand that Watson shows.
                    I would love to see Laing like results over the course of Watson's career.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

                      I am sure the you are correct about style. I was going by results.
                      Laing played at a time when I was making many trips to Troy and got to see him a lot in person. He was always in good position like Watson, but he did not have the glove hand that Watson shows.
                      I would love to see Laing like results over the course of Watson's career.
                      i agree with you. I think the results Laing put up have not been equaled (we won more games with some guys in net but his GGA and Save percentage was incredible. He had some streaks of simply being unbeatable. Just my opinion but i do go back as far as Bill Sack in 1963 (who was also very highly rated).
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                      Comment


                      • https://open.spotify.com/episode/7Fq...42401e86f744c0

                        New episode, great segment about recruiting at the end

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                          i agree with you. I think the results Laing put up have not been equaled (we won more games with some guys in net but his GGA and Save percentage was incredible. He had some streaks of simply being unbeatable. Just my opinion but i do go back as far as Bill Sack in 1963 (who was also very highly rated).
                          Totally agree Doc! Laing is one of my all-time faves....I even have one of his sticks in my RPI collection. I recall Fridge telling the story of seeing Laing play while scouting another player and offering him on the steps of the team bus. Next time I see Fridge I'll have to ask him who he originally was there to see (I have a strong guess).
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                          Comment


                          • pregame interview
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unzspmxqeJg
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Not a good loss tonight. Could be 1 point behind Cornell. Need speed tomorrow night. Sit #22? Penalties.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

                                Not a good loss tonight. Could be 1 point behind Cornell. Need speed tomorrow night. Sit #22? Penalties.
                                Agreed, a tough loss to take after being in complete command to start the game. Too many penalties, but some of the calls, including those you mention against Addamo, were borderline calls, at best. You still need to adjust your game when the refs call it tight, but RPI didn't get the rub of the green on the calls last night. Some clear Princeton penalties were missed, including a dangerous slew foot, and the refs got conned a couple of times when Princeton players went down holding their faces and feigning contact to the head.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X