RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Anyone - Are there any other Division I hockey teams that broadcast their games on You Tube without fee like RPI TV does? Or has everyone else joined the ESPN+ pay channel?
    Doc- If memory serves I was able to watch HE games through their network using the home team feeds.... Others here can correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have to refresh my memory now that the season is approaching.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You could start a new thread and get responses from fans of other schools. There probably has been a thread on the topic before, but the answers change.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Doc- If memory serves I was able to watch HE games through their network using the home team feeds.... Others here can correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have to refresh my memory now that the season is approaching.
        Thanks WS - I remember similarly but wondered what has happened since the pandemic has changed so many things.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Reid Leibold and Magdalena Erbenova, today is 23 September 2021. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone - Are there any other Division I hockey teams that broadcast their games on You Tube without fee like RPI TV does? Or has everyone else joined the ESPN+ pay channel?
            RPI fans have been spoiled, over the years, by the extraordinarily high quality of WRPI and RPITV coverage of men's and women's hockey. I try to follow a number of road games of our teams each season and almost always find it annoying to have to jump through hoops to sign up and pay for coverage and then find poor quality. The all-time worst experience was a women's game at Clarkson where I eventually had to mute the juvenile that they had put in front of a microphone.

Comment

Just found out that on September 11 the head honcho from In The Huddle podcast/radio for D3 football was on site covering the RPI- Stevenson football game. Actually, very surprised he was even allowed in. He probably now will no longer be welcome as long as this administration is still around.

At halftime he walked all the way up to the top of the grass hill to where parents and grandparents are presently relegated to. While there, he did an interview with the mother of an RPI player that ran for about two an a half minutes. For anyone interested, it can be found by running a search for Frank Rossi's In The (D3FB) Huddle twitter page and scanning down to September 11 (it will take a while).

The case dismantling the institute's spectator policy (my opinion) and exposing it for the phony, fraudulent con that it is (again, my opinion) was made by this woman far more calmly and articulately than anything most others would be capable of.

At one point in the interview both the woman, the mother of a fifth year senior, along with Frank expressed their utter disbelief and distain that she and her own parents (obviously, at least well in to their sixties) were still being relegated to a hill far from the field while they were both looking in to what they called a portico (the reception area on the second floor of the stadium where you know who holds court) which contained not only you know who but also a very noticeable number of guests. But alas, don't tell me, they were ALL students, faculty and staff. Yeah right!!!

The thing that struck me most about this interview is that for the first time that I am aware of, people within visual range were finally able to expose both the spectator policy itself and the people who created it as the completely disingenuous, not reputable, frauds and cons that they all are. Just another case of narcissistic egomaniacs with power engaged in the practice of I do whatever I want whenever I want but you all do as I say.

What these football parents and other relatives are being put through unnecessarily makes my stomach turn. Definition of unnecessarily would dammed near be 100% of ANY outdoor game, in ANY outdoor sport, at ANY level just about ANYWHERE in the U.S. and probably on the planet too. Just about all televised events are obviously drawing very well and do not even require masks. On the other end of the spectrum, even the high school I graduated from 50 years ago allows unlimited attendance and does not require masks. It is located four miles from RPI with no portico for the privileged!!!

Comment

In honor of James McIsaac and Mika Jahnke, today is 24 September 2021. There are 8 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                  Just found out that on September 11 the head honcho from In The Huddle podcast/radio for D3 football was on site covering the RPI- Stevenson football game. Actually, very surprised he was even allowed in. He probably now will no longer be welcome as long as this administration is still around.

At halftime he walked all the way up to the top of the grass hill to where parents and grandparents are presently relegated to. While there, he did an interview with the mother of an RPI player that ran for about two an a half minutes. For anyone interested, it can be found by running a search for Frank Rossi's In The (D3FB) Huddle twitter page and scanning down to September 11 (it will take a while).

The case dismantling the institute's spectator policy (my opinion) and exposing it for the phony, fraudulent con that it is (again, my opinion) was made by this woman far more calmly and articulately than anything most others would be capable of.

At one point in the interview both the woman, the mother of a fifth year senior, along with Frank expressed their utter disbelief and distain that she and her own parents (obviously, at least well in to their sixties) were still being relegated to a hill far from the field while they were both looking in to what they called a portico (the reception area on the second floor of the stadium where you know who holds court) which contained not only you know who but also a very noticeable number of guests. But alas, don't tell me, they were ALL students, faculty and staff. Yeah right!!!

The thing that struck me most about this interview is that for the first time that I am aware of, people within visual range were finally able to expose both the spectator policy itself and the people who created it as the completely disingenuous, not reputable, frauds and cons that they all are. Just another case of narcissistic egomaniacs with power engaged in the practice of I do whatever I want whenever I want but you all do as I say.

What these football parents and other relatives are being put through unnecessarily makes my stomach turn. Definition of unnecessarily would dammed near be 100% of ANY outdoor game, in ANY outdoor sport, at ANY level just about ANYWHERE in the U.S. and probably on the planet too. Just about all televised events are obviously drawing very well and do not even require masks. On the other end of the spectrum, even the high school I graduated from 50 years ago allows unlimited attendance and does not require masks. It is located four miles from RPI with no portico for the privileged!!!
                  Another thing that'll be pretty amusing for you, Tony. I've seen multiple tour groups going around campus so far this semester. I guess "external spectators" are permitted... if there's a chance you'll pay $80k a year to attend the school.

Comment

In honor of Nick Bowman and Nyah Philip, today is 25 September 2021. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      In honor of Jack Agnew and Nyah Philip, today is 25 September 2021. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

Nick Bowman, Agnew is tomorrow :-P

Comment

For the football fans - no nail biter today as RPI lead St. John Fisher at the half 34-0 and so far, it does not even look as close as the score indicates!

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Nick Bowman, Agnew is tomorrow :-P
                          Surprising that this is the first one I got wrong. :-)
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For the football fans - no nail biter today as RPI lead St. John Fisher at the half 34-0 and so far, it does not even look as close as the score indicates!
                            I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but I see that RPI won, 41-7. George Marinopoulos, whom I was criticizing a couple of weeks ago, threw five TD passes, so I guess he's gotten over his early-season problems.

The box score at RPIathletics indicates that the game started at noon and ended at 4:44 PM. That seems like an extraordinarily long time of game, even for a televised major college game with all the TV timeouts, let alone a Division III game.

Was the indicated ending time a misprint? If not, any explanation as to why it took so long to complete the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but I see that RPI won, 41-7. George Marinopoulos, whom I was criticizing a couple of weeks ago, threw five TD passes, so I guess he's gotten over his early-season problems.

The box score at RPIathletics indicates that the game started at noon and ended at 4:44 PM. That seems like an extraordinarily long time of game, even for a televised major college game with all the TV timeouts, let alone a Division III game.

Was the indicated ending time a misprint? If not, any explanation as to why it took so long to complete the game?

We went off the air at approximately 2:45 pm. However, the game was unofficially over with 5:00 left in the first quarter
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

This was truly a mis-match. I have no idea how good St. John Fisher could be but they had no answer for our early passing game. It was high percentage over the middle crossing patterns but we just completed one after another. We are now 4-0 against not what i would consider the best opponents and we have 2 more home games against similarly unranked opposition so we could actually find ourselves at 6-0. But from then on, the road becomes monstrously different. Hobart is very good and very big on the offensive line. Ithaca is probably almost as good. St Lawrence has shown that they can compete with most clubs and of course we end on the road against Union which at the moment should be (if they are not already) a top ten ranked team that is talented and just huge. Personal opinion is that we might end up 7-3 and play in a minor bowl game. Wish we had a kicker of the Andrew Franks quality because the kicking game might just end up being our Achilles heel. But we are entertaining and I have been starved for RPI sports!!

Comment

Working...
                                X