Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2021-22: Picking Up Where We Left Off

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

    OS didn't play in the game, but a similarity we have with UML is that we both tied LIU.
    Oh yes he did- https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...11120/con/uml/ Against Connecticut - according to the box score.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

    Comment


    • Anybody know what is going on with women's hoop??? Both games of a tournament in Maine cancelled. However, it appears the other three teams in the tourney all appeared and played at least one game!!! Oh brother, did administration get exactly what they hoped for and mass cancellations of everything and anything anywhere near campus begin at 9 A.M. tomorrow???

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

        Oh yes he did- https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...11120/con/uml/ Against Connecticut - according to the box score.
        UML did tie LIU on 11/3: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...11103/liu/uml/
        You are correct that on Saturday Savory defeated Connecticut, but that wasn't my point. They also lost to UConn on Sunday. That also wasn't my point.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
          Anybody know what is going on with women's hoop??? Both games of a tournament in Maine cancelled. However, it appears the other three teams in the tourney all appeared and played at least one game!!! Oh brother, did administration get exactly what they hoped for and mass cancellations of everything and anything anywhere near campus begin at 9 A.M. tomorrow???
          :-(
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

            UML did tie LIU on 11/3: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...11103/liu/uml/
            You are correct that on Saturday Savory defeated Connecticut, but that wasn't my point. They also lost to UConn on Sunday. That also wasn't my point.
            My post was simply that his last game before the post was that he pitched a shutout - which of course, he did. That was the entire post. And yes, he lost 2-1 on Sunday to UConn.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

            Comment


            • We are a big underdog against SUNY Cortland this Saturday in football. So far it looks like 14.5 points! As far as i can tell we have only played that school once before and handled them easily (2006) but this is a very different team with a huge offensive line and an offense that has almost not been stopped all season. Ithaca came back on them and lost 26-21 last week but no one else has really come very close.
              We seem to be a 1/2 goal underdog to Northeastern for the Friday game in hockey.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

              Comment


              • https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...57023398326274

                ROOKIE OF THE WEEK John Beaton scored his first two @NCAAIceHockey goals on Friday night, helping @RPI_Hockey to a non-league win over RPI. He finished the weekend with a team-high 11 shots.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-22-2021, 03:01 PM.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • A win over RPI? Nothing as easy as beating yourself! Obvious misprint. Congrats to John though as he did indeed have a good weekend.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                    Anybody know what is going on with women's hoop??? Both games of a tournament in Maine cancelled. However, it appears the other three teams in the tourney all appeared and played at least one game!!! Oh brother, did administration get exactly what they hoped for and mass cancellations of everything and anything anywhere near campus begin at 9 A.M. tomorrow???
                    I know nothing about why the women's basketball team's games last weekend were cancelled.

                    I do note that the RPIathletics website still indicates that Tuesday night's men's basketball game is scheduled to start at 7 PM in the ECAV Arena, and the hockey game against Northeastern is still scheduled for the Field House on Friday. The latest COVID update at RPI.edu is an update on spectator policies, dated November 8. Is there any evidence, other than the cancellation of a couple women's basketball games, pointing to mass cancellations of everything and anything?

                    Comment


                    • Habemus President!

                      A rather quick national search? Martin Schmidt ('81), MIT Provost

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                        Habemus President!

                        A rather quick national search? Martin Schmidt ('81), MIT Provost
                        I had the same thought. Clearly they were working on the search before SAJ announced her departure. A good start...at least he'll known where the rink is located !! Ha
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

                          I had the same thought. Clearly they were working on the search before SAJ announced her departure. A good start...at least he'll known where the rink is located !! Ha
                          can never go wrong with an alum
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

                          WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jericho View Post

                            can never go wrong with an alum
                            Especially one for the 80's who might remember those years fondly!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                            Comment


                            • He graduated in '81, so it was before Addessa really made the team a national power. However, the odds he likes hockey and wants the team to do well are decent.

                              Question for people who were actually alive back then (I'm a youngin' here :-P). What was the hockey culture like in the late 70s/early 80s for undergrads at RPI? Would the average student be attending games and have excitement for the team?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                He graduated in '81, so it was before Addessa really made the team a national power. However, the odds he likes hockey and wants the team to do well are decent.

                                Question for people who were actually alive back then (I'm a youngin' here :-P). What was the hockey culture like in the late 70s/early 80s for undergrads at RPI? Would the average student be attending games and have excitement for the team?
                                Sez: I was long gone from RPI as a student but Jenny and I attended almost every game home and most away during that time. The atmosphere at home was great and the stands were often quite full. There was quite a large following from the town also. Although games rarely sold out completely, it was a loud a supportive group. On the road you could count on a large contingent of RPI fans and in some cases, like Princeton, often out numbered the home crowd. There always RPI fans who followed the team on the North Country trip and a fair number to central NY at Colgate and Cornell. The real support was apparent starting in the early 80's and by 83-84-85 most games were a mad house with fans with banners and signs all over the place. The Christmas Invitational tournament with 4 quality teams was often a chance to see some the best teams in the country. Home tickets became harder to obtain, especially for the prized sections and the band often followed the team on the road to games. Those were indeed the days and i do not really ever expect that to happen to that extent ever again. I do not think though that we are alone in that so much has changed for every team with games being broadcast on the internet and TV now and the obvious changes in student composition at all schools.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X