• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Guess this means I’m starting the game thread on Friday
    Yes. :-)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Guess this means I’m starting the game thread on Friday
      And then hopefully Saturday!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Thinking about the defensive corps, does anyone know why Hallbauer sat? Was he responsible for some of SLU's goals?
        He had a tough game on Friday night but I don't know if that's officially the reason why he was scratched, maybe he's carrying an injury. Dr. D. highlighted the one give away that led to a goal, and the broadcast team called him out for a bad decision on the SLU tying goal, for stepping up to a puckhandler without realizing it was a 3 on 1). But I thought that was a little harsh--RPI had it covered but it became a 3 on 1 after other RPI backcheckers were gliding back and got caught puckwatching as the SLU players skated past them.

I am confident that a night off will do him some good and RPI will need him; the ability of RPI's defensemen to stickhandle and push the offensive tempo is one of the reasons the team has improved over the last season and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Hallbauer has not played up to his potential all year long, in my opinion. He can (and has in the past) played at a level that's much higher than what he has shown this season. He needs to play better, plain and simple, and hopefully the scratch will wake him up.
          He hasn't played up to his usual past performances. I was just wondering if he feels that he should have been selected as a captain or asst. captain this season.
          He is a senior and was passed over by two incoming grad students.
          I am just guessing here, but it is possible. I hope that is not the case.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

..... the ability of RPI's defensemen to stickhandle and push the offensive tempo is one of the reasons the team has improved over the last season and a half.
            Agree completely. That is the single biggest improvement I've seen this season. The comfort level of our D corps is improved -- their positioning and angles have been really good for the most part.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Guys- take a look at the newest poll posted on USCHO. Talk about little or no respect. Admittedly we are worthy yet of a top 20 position but we received a total of zero votes. Clarkson has a less than stellar record and lost to us by a couple of goals and got 44 votes. perhaps it may be that some pollsters have trouble spelling RPI?
              Does not really matter if we are not in the popularity poll but they will have to notice after we skate away with a league title!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

He hasn't played up to his usual past performances. I was just wondering if he feels that he should have been selected as a captain or asst. captain this season.
                He is a senior and was passed over by two incoming grad students.
                I am just guessing here, but it is possible. I hope that is not the case.
                ehf: Doubtful the selection was that much a big deal. jenny and I go back along way having seem him play when he was very young. he just made one bad play and one poor decision on Friday. Unfortunately both led to scores but defensemen live with those things. When a forward makes a bad play or poor decision you often don't notice since unless it is a glaring central ice turnover, does not often lead to a goal. Goalies and defensemen have that in common - if they commit a mistake it can show up on the scoreboard quickly. He will be fine. He is very solid and is a key cog playing an offensive defenseman game. i would consider more that this team came back from a loss in a game they let get away to beat a very formidable CCT team in an early season sort of must situation. If they had been swept at home, all early season momentum would be hard to regain.

Comment

• DrD it seems like you were looking at last week's poll. This week we have votes! https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

Comment

DrD it seems like you were looking at last week's poll. This week we have votes! https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                    Thanks for the post. Going from 0 to 5 points is a massive increase on a percentage basis. :-D
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

DrD it seems like you were looking at last week's poll. This week we have votes! https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                      You are correct! I had thought they updated today but i was a bit early. Never saw the date on top. 5 votes!!! Now I feel a bit better.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Going from 0 to 5 points is a massive increase on a percentage basis. :-D
                        Now I feel ∞-ly better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Now I feel ∞-ly better.
                          The 5 points puts us 4th in the ECAC, all-be-it a distant 4th, after QU, Harvard, and Cornell.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://***********/PerryLaskaris/st...93113074790401
                            "You guys aren't going to believe it, but this is the first time RPI men's hockey has had nine points through its first four #ECACHockey games."

Considering that wins used to be worth 2 points, I believe it. :-D
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Daughter just saw an email stating outside spectators are allowed for soccer playoffs, and presumably football, or remaining outdoor sports playoffs. "For post-season outdoor games," outside spectators are required to
                              Pre register online (cap of 4 people, nobody under age 12),
                              required to sign a liability waiver as part of the pre-reg process,
                              required to show proof of vaccination, and required to show a negative test.
                              And of course, wear a mask.
                              Outside spectators will be seated separatly from RPI kids and staff, and will be socially distanced with assigned seating.

"A decision has not yet been made on whether specators can attend indoor winter sporting events."

Comment

https://***********/PerryLaskaris/st...93113074790401
                                "You guys aren't going to believe it, but this is the first time RPI men's hockey has had nine points through its first four #ECACHockey games."

Considering that wins used to be worth 2 points, I believe it. :-D
                                that tweet wasn’t directed towards fans like you.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X