X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Why is RPITV not going to be on YouTube next year?
    I forget the reason, but it may be the wording of the ECAC agreement with ESPN. Sezenack posted on this a while back.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Why is RPITV not going to be on YouTube next year?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious View Post

agreed. Does anyone know why they are not traveling? Is it staffing, lack of interest, or some protocol?

Ralph, do you have ESPN+? That is another option and it offers all ECAC regular season hockey games, both men and women's.
    No. I will probably get it next year when RPI-TV won't be on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• vicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Thanks. It's too bad that WRPI doesn't travel this year.
    agreed. Does anyone know why they are not traveling? Is it staffing, lack of interest, or some protocol?

Ralph, do you have ESPN+? That is another option and it offers all ECAC regular season hockey games, both men and women's.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

If you google “brown hockey audio”, it will take you to a site called tunein.com. It’s a free site. You just have to register to sign in. Will try it closer to game time…
    Thanks. It's too bad that WRPI doesn't travel this year.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Does anyone know if Brown has an audio stream?
    If you google “brown hockey audio”, it will take you to a site called tunein.com. It’s a free site. You just have to register to sign in. Will try it closer to game time…

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Does anyone know if Brown has an audio stream?

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Talkin' Neers https://open.spotify.com/episode/2bP...c8e68252a94131

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I will also be at Meehan on Friday, and I'll be there with my parents. Looking forward to it. I'm not going to make any predictions because anything can happen, especially with this RPI team. We can hang with Quinnipiac for a full game and play even with them, and we can also get swept at home by Yale and Brown. "Never bet for or against RPI" has never rang more true than this season. Just hoping RPI finishes as strong as it can, and we enter the playoffs with confidence and ready to make a run for Lake Placid
    If they can make it to Lake Placid (right now that is a very big if) we more than likely will be there. We would most likely stay in our home in the Adirondacks as i don't want to try for reservation sin town and then try to cancel them if we don't make it. it is about a 45 minute drive for us on nice summer clear roads but can be like the bobsled run in the winter and has taken as long as 3 hours in the past. We used to go quite often (always when our boys were involved) as the atmosphere in that town when the ECAC is playing is simply great. Still a bit early to know anything fro sure.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

I plan to go to the Brown game on Friday. Anyone else? I'm thinking RPI will finish with 33 points tied with Colgate at 33 points. Cornell will have 35 points. Colgate's amazing finish at Union last Friday may cost RPI 5th place.
    I will also be at Meehan on Friday, and I'll be there with my parents. Looking forward to it. I'm not going to make any predictions because anything can happen, especially with this RPI team. We can hang with Quinnipiac for a full game and play even with them, and we can also get swept at home by Yale and Brown. "Never bet for or against RPI" has never rang more true than this season. Just hoping RPI finishes as strong as it can, and we enter the playoffs with confidence and ready to make a run for Lake Placid

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    A topic unrelated to the FAN BAN, I noticed on the RPI_TV broadcast that the HFH ice doesn't look very good and the puck seemed to be bouncing a fair amount. The lines and logos were barely visible on the broadcast. I wondered what zezenack or others who have attended could tell us about this ? I had been told by a very reliable source back in January that the HFH ice system is on the mechanical version of a death watch..... but haven't been able to verify one way or the other...
    The logos are also pretty poor in person but I don't have any information about the ice system

Leave a comment:

• RPI67
    replied
    The RPI women's team lost to QU yesterday 4-0. Thus in total our two teams were shutout by QU in all four games this season.
    I plan to go to the Brown game on Friday. Anyone else? I'm thinking RPI will finish with 33 points tied with Colgate at 33 points. Cornell will have 35 points. Colgate's amazing finish at Union last Friday may cost RPI 5th place.

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    A topic unrelated to the FAN BAN, I noticed on the RPI_TV broadcast that the HFH ice doesn't look very good and the puck seemed to be bouncing a fair amount. The lines and logos were barely visible on the broadcast. I wondered what zezenack or others who have attended could tell us about this ? I had been told by a very reliable source back in January that the HFH ice system is on the mechanical version of a death watch..... but haven't been able to verify one way or the other...
    The ice system was replaced in the 1982 renovation when they changed the elevation of the ice. That would be 40 years which sounds a little hard to believe. Does anyone know if there was an interim replacement? I know ice plants in the '82 period often used R-22, which is almost impossible to get since production was halted due to destruction of the ozone layer. At least if there was an interim installation it would undoubtedly use a more modern, and commercially available, refrigerant.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    pregame interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdR0y93-GU

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X