Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fr. joe
    replied
    Happy to be corrected on this one! I just didn't know about the tie-breaker sequences.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    You are correct, Waite21. According to ecachockey.com, the first tie breaker is total points earned in head-to-head matchups. Since Dartmouth’s win came in regulation and Yale’s in OT, Dartmouth earned 4 points to Yale’s 2.

So Dartmouth comes to HFH next weekend, while Yale goes to Colgate.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied
    I think Dartmouth wins the tiebreaker over Yale and finishes 11th.

The first tiebreaker is points earned in head-to-head games between two tied teams.

Dartmouth and Yale split their two games, but Yale's win came in overtime, while Dartmouth's came in regulation.

So if I have this arcane new scoring system figured out correctly, Dartmouth ended up with more points than Yale did in those two games.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Are you sure about 11th and 12th? Since Dartmouth lost in OT, they earned one point so they ended up tying Yale with 21 points each. They split their season series, with Yale winning in OT in the first meeting and Dartmouth won the second meeting 1-0. Which comes down to total wins (both regulation and OT, no shootouts). If that is tied, then it comes down to records vs. the Top 4.

Leave a comment:

• fr. joe
    replied
    Union beat Dartmouth in OT, 3-2.
    Union finishes in 7th, SLU in 8th, Brown in 9th, Princeton in 10th, Yale in 11th and Dartmouth in 12th.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I expect the plan all along was for Marshall to play on Senior Night, and if the team is locked into sixth place, there's even less reason to deny him that honor.

If he plays well against Harvard, then Coach Smith has a decision to make. Does he stick with Marshall for the playoffs, or does he go back to Watson, who appeared to have the #1 goalie spot locked down before recently having some shaky starts?
    I would go with Watson still. Better year overall. If Marshall stands on his head tomorrow, I would rethink, but as of now, I would pick Watson

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that we are guaranteed of finishing exactly 6th because no one is close enough to catch us, and we are 3 points behind Colgate who has the tiebreaker.
    You are correct. Hope that we get a good matchup for the 11th seed

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that we are guaranteed of finishing exactly 6th because no one is close enough to catch us, and we are 3 points behind Colgate who has the tiebreaker.
    Correct, RB. We can’t finish anywhere else but 6th.
    Waite has some good points. Since the Harvard game means nothing to either team (Harvard will finish 3rd), expect Marshall in net. And it will be an interesting decision next weekend. It may depend on which team we play.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied
    I expect the plan all along was for Marshall to play on Senior Night, and if the team is locked into sixth place, there's even less reason to deny him that honor.

If he plays well against Harvard, then Coach Smith has a decision to make. Does he stick with Marshall for the playoffs, or does he go back to Watson, who appeared to have the #1 goalie spot locked down before recently having some shaky starts?

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by Engineers View Post
    Congratulations to Dartmouth and Harvard on two wins next weekend.
    Love when Flaggy goes 0 for 2

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Shirley would pull them out of the playoffs if it came down to that…
    She didn't pull the basketball team out of the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I hope the ECAC does the same thing
    Shirley would pull them out of the playoffs if it came down to that…

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by jstadts View Post

I have it from a reliable source that Liberty League told RPI If they want to host in BB spectators had to be allowed or they were out of tourney.
    I hope the ECAC does the same thing

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

The blatantly obvious question you conveniently and “gratuitously” failed to ask us if it’s safe to invite Liberty League basketball fans into a stuffy heated RPI gymnasium, then how in the world is it not “safe” to open an unheated cavernous HFH to fans ? The answer is there is no good reason… nor is there any science to back the ban.

The double standard by the administration is nothing short insulting… and they’ve hidden it in a composite schedule to avoid any detection …
    There is of course Weird Science. As I recall Kelly LeBrock was a hottie in that one. Seems these days you can use science or statistics to prove or disprove just about anything you want.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X