Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friars 20-21 Post COVID-19 Season: Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Freds View Post

Its probably best not to comment Jon. I'm happy for fast forward on the DVR.
    Or the erase button.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Brett Berard posting a -8 rating is astronomically difficult to do. The NESN guys are obsessed with his ability to draw penalties but -8 I think gets you into the Hall of Shame.
      I was terribly unimpressed with him last year with the USA U-18's....Yoder was even less impressive.

Berard is ONLY a -9 on the year. :-)
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Or the erase button.
        After about the fourth goal and goalie change, I decided to fast forward until the Friars scored. Ha! Erasure came swiftly.

Comment

Did we ever need that result?!? Phew.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Did we ever need that result?!? Phew.
            Good thing Brett Berard wasn't there or PC would have had their asses kicked. After all he is something like minus 39.

Nice win by the Friars.

Comment

I think you guys found your goaltender today
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

We have a goaltender, but the team is about to be shut out for the third time in 6 games so that's less than ideal.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

We have a goaltender, but the team is about to be shut out for the third time in 6 games so that's less than ideal.
                  In those three shutouts, the shots on goals

BC Game #1: PC 30 BC 27
                  BC Game #2: PC 36 BC 32
                  UConn: PC 37 UConn 33

PC this year is second worst in the conference in shooting percentage at 6.8 percent. Only Vermont is worse at 6.1. PC is currently second in the league with shots on goal per game behind UNH who has played only two games.

Last year in 2019-2020, PC finished ninth in Hockey East at 8.9 percent while finishing second in the league in shots on goal per game
                  2018-2019, PC finished at 9.3 percent and was 4th in the conference while finishing second in the league in shots on goal per game
                  2017-2018, PC finished at 9.2 percent and was 7th in the conference while finishing second in the league in shots on goal per game
                  2016-2017, PC finished at 8.6 percent and was 10th in the conference while leading the league in shots on goal per game.
                  2015-2016, PC finished at 9.6 percent and was 6th in the conference while finishing second in the league in shots on goal per game
                  2014-2015, PC finished at 8.7 percent and was 10th in the conference while finishing second in the league with shots on goal per game behind BU.

Why can't PC shoot better? Are they just looking at getting shots on goal instead of quality shots?

Comment

Another shutout, but at least they got 2 points out of it.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Great win by team USA vs. Canada!!! At what point do you think we lose Coach Leaman? I love that he's here at PC but now I'm afraid it's a matter of time before a bigger opportunity comes along.

Comment

Jack Adams debuts tonight wearing his brother's #4. Pat & Brett return, also. Double R staying in to coach while Nate Gold quarantines.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                          Jack Adams debuts tonight wearing his brother's #4.
                          Really cool.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

There's legitimately something off with this team. They aren't objectively bad, they are finding new and more frustrating ways to lose games.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

There's legitimately something off with this team. They aren't objectively bad, they are finding new and more frustrating ways to lose games.
                              Same thing as last year.....Got to wonder where the coach's attention was this year.

Comment

Jaxson Stauber is having a great start. beside that, he's got perfect size! Can someone give some more info on him beside the stats? looks like he should garner scouts' interest soon ...

Comment

Working...
                                X