Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I hate wasting an NC game on a conference opponent, but for now I am happy to see Joe hold the line on unbalanced NC scheduling demands by bigger schools who think they're entitled to less travel.
    Well...is Wisconsin a 1-for-none? I don't think there was any mention of their visiting Houghton. We've already played three games in Madison during Shawhan's tenure.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

Well...is Wisconsin a 1-for-none? I don't think there was any mention of their visiting Houghton. We've already played three games in Madison during Shawhan's tenure.
      I’d rather see UMD, WMU, SCSU, or even UND...on the future schedule. get some NCHC opponents that are close enough to get 2-2 arrangements. BIG is not going to do us any favors.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
        I’d rather see UMD, WMU, SCSU, or even UND...on the future schedule. get some NCHC opponents that are close enough to get 2-2 arrangements. BIG is not going to do us any favors.
        I think the Wisconsin game is due them from before. UND has already said they won't come to Houghton. I don't know about the others. I'd rather see eastern teams anyway.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oilers-...135454789.html

Comment

• A lot of social media "experts" calling for JJ to be suspended, but the Flames player had his head down looking for the puck. The only reason JJ made contact with his head is because the Flames player was bent over. JJ had his arm tight to his body and not even any follow through. Any supplemental discipline handed out for that hit would be a joke.

Expert: https://youtu.be/7pos5oDRWV8
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Was I the only one that was cringing when Joe was talking this week about needing to recruit goal scorer’s? I agree we need to recruit top talent, and we should be leveraging our school, it is the best in the WCHA and midwest. But we will never out-recruit the BIG schools, or the curently very successful programs like MSU, UMD and UND... so... putting our future in the hands of ”recruiting better” just leaves me wanting. Short of recruiting better, about all he said was hoping players ”bulk up” and get stronger. I was left with a rather empty feeling about the coaching staff having a clue how to get the train back on the rails. Anyone else feel that way, or am I just hoping too much?
              Go Huskies!

Comment

Was I the only one that was cringing when Joe was talking this week about needing to recruit goal scorer’s? I agree we need to recruit top talent, and we should be leveraging our school, it is the best in the WCHA and midwest. But we will never out-recruit the BIG schools, or the curently very successful programs like MSU, UMD and UND... so... putting our future in the hands of ”recruiting better” just leaves me wanting. Short of recruiting better, about all he said was hoping players ”bulk up” and get stronger. I was left with a rather empty feeling about the coaching staff having a clue how to get the train back on the rails. Anyone else feel that way, or am I just hoping too much?
                My personal view is you took those things out of context and they don't mean what you took them to mean. I think the staff is on top of things and knows what needs and can be done. Can we get better at recruiting, yes. should we? yes. Just like every organization on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

My personal view is you took those things out of context and they don't mean what you took them to mean. I think the staff is on top of things and knows what needs and can be done. Can we get better at recruiting, yes. should we? yes. Just like every organization on the planet.
                  I was really commenting about how the ”only thing” Joe pointed to for improvement was recruiting and strength training. He needs to step up and acknowledge that they need to be developing players. That a 5th place WCHA finish and playoff blowout is not what we consider ok. Those handfull he mentioned that had worse stats this year are HIS OWNERSHIP. He should be appologizing, not articulating how they suck. Players overall performance are a reflection on the coach.

And yes, many players improved while the team stats did not, and they should rightly be recognized.
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

• I don't think it's a surprise, but Kyle Kukkonen is a finalist for MN Mr. Hockey.

Here are the 10 finalists for Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Award - Bring Me The News

Comment

Was I the only one that was cringing when Joe was talking this week about needing to recruit goal scorer’s? I agree we need to recruit top talent, and we should be leveraging our school, it is the best in the WCHA and midwest. But we will never out-recruit the BIG schools, or the curently very successful programs like MSU, UMD and UND... so... putting our future in the hands of ”recruiting better” just leaves me wanting. Short of recruiting better, about all he said was hoping players ”bulk up” and get stronger. I was left with a rather empty feeling about the coaching staff having a clue how to get the train back on the rails. Anyone else feel that way, or am I just hoping too much?
                      I was too, but maybe not in the way you were. I think we have to try and get more NHL draft level talent, and saying we wont out-recruit a BIG school doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try a bit. I was cringing a bit because we don't seem to have that in our pipeline, which is concerning. I also wonder about the constant talk of needing to get bigger or more physical. Mel was about speed and talent and that was big in our success. When I hear bigger and more physical I think of bad teams from years ago. We need talent/goal scoring, the hockey skills that can't be taught.

Comment

• Blake Pietila is a finalist for the Richter Award.
                        https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ward-announced
                        and
                        Kyle Kukkonen is a finalist for the Minnesota Mr Hockey.
                        https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...r-hockey-award
                        Go Huskies!

Comment

• Matt Roy signed a 3 year deal with LA. Good for him.

KINGS SIGN DEFENSEMAN MATT ROY TO THREE-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION
                          http://lakingsinsider.com/2021/03/21...act-extension/

Comment

• Joe said on his show yesterday that he just committed a 6'4" 20-goal scorer from Sweden's junior league. I looked at players who fit that description (knowing that Joe tends to inflate credentials) and narrowed it down to Marcus Pedersen and William Persson. Pedersen fits the description better, but Persson also played in Joe's favorite league this season...

Guessing it's Pedersen. Can't find confirmation elsewhere yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I hate wasting an NC game on a conference opponent, but for now I am happy to see Joe hold the line on unbalanced NC scheduling demands by bigger schools who think they're entitled to less travel.
                              I have zero problem with MTU playing NMU in one NC game because they're doing the ND/USNDPT weekend where the USNDPT doesn't count and they'll each have one game available. Who else are you going to get to come to Houghton for one game?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

I have zero problem with MTU playing NMU in one NC game because they're doing the ND/USNDPT weekend where the USNDPT doesn't count and they'll each have one game available. Who else are you going to get to come to Houghton for one game?
                                I hadn't made that connection at first, but it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X