Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another really good article on a committment. I know most players need a year or two of juniors. A few can make the jump directly. I wonder if Kyle is one of them....

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_art...SX1G-H120Q7IXU
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Game Day.
      Just... Win... Huskies!
      The rest will take care of itself.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Well the 2020-21 regular season was certainly a tale of two halves - the top half and the bottom half.
        Against NMU, Ferris and UAH the Huskies were an impressive 14-0-0.
        Against Mankato, LSSU, BGSU and BSU the Huskies were only 3-10-1.
        Not surprisingly, Tech finishes 5th in the WCHA as "The Best of the Rest" and will be on the road next weekend against Bemidji State.

At this point, Tech needs to win the WCHA Tourney to make the NCAA field. I don't think three more wins and a loss in the Championship game makes a strong enough resume for the selection committee with LSSU, BGSU and BSU all likely trying to beat out Tech for the WCHA's second (and maybe third, given the lack of ECAC teams this year) tourney bid.
        Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-06-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• I liked today's game except... I didn't like the frustration coming out at the end and the shenanigans that occurred with 6 seconds left. They were better, just congratulate them and try harder next time. Fighting at the end is bush league if you ask me and not even doing a stick salute after is poor sportsmanship.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I liked today's game except... I didn't like the frustration coming out at the end and the shenanigans that occurred with 6 seconds left. They were better, just congratulate them and try harder next time. Fighting at the end is bush league if you ask me and not even doing a stick salute after is poor sportsmanship.
            Equal blame for the officials and the Mavs. Jaremko ripped Halonen's helmet off by the mask, and got only 2 minutes. This isn't the first time Mankato has ended a series like this either. Yes, you are better, but you don't need to act like a jackhole.

If the Huskies are going to win one game against them in their building this season, I'm glad it wasn't this one anyway. Much bigger fish to fry coming down the river.

Comment

• Halonen got mugged several times by the defense on rushes and I don't blame him for being frustrated but he has to learn to control himself better. It's been a long time since I played but if I was mugged like that after basically turning the D I'd make sure that both of us went off. If that happens more than once the defense will lay off.
              And the stick salute at the end in my mind the game is over by that point. No matter how it came out or what happened, it's over now. give them the proper conduct.

About 10 years ago now CC came into Houghton flying high and lost to Tech when we were horrible. they got flustered at the end and it got real chippy. Fans were booing and lost respect for CC that night. Let's not us do the same thing.

Comment

• Also,... Chris Dilks is a small minded jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Also,... Chris Dilks is a small minded jerk.
                  Well, when you're a skunk fanboy and a Mankato fanboy you tend to be a wee bit spoiled at this point.

Comment

• Well, with the home season over I'm going to really miss the pep band doing this song. Originally recorded by Bennie Goodman but Gene Krupa also did a version of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFx1J2QwTqs

Gene Krupa was the drummer in Goodman's band at first and then later went out on his own. The first trumpet solo was Harry James.
                    Last edited by manurespreader; 03-11-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm shocked Blake Pietila wasn't on any of the WCHA all conference teams.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        I'm shocked Blake Pietila wasn't on any of the WCHA all conference teams.
                        A few other Tech fans were discussing it and our conclusion was that it was because Blake had most of his best games in "non-conference" WCHA games and they selected the teams based on conference WCHA games.

Comment

• Fun fact before the series starts tonight.

Bemidji State is 0-4 all time in games where they were at home as the #4 seed.

2015 - lost 4-1 and 3-2 (3OT) to Ferris State
                          2018 - lost 5-3 and 5-4 to Michigan Tech

The Beavers have an overall record of 4-8 in WCHA home playoff games. They have won 2 series and lost 3 in the Sanford Center.

Comment

• Is Bemidji the road rink with good tv guys? Obviously nobody else is at Dirk levels of greatness but I remember being somewhat pleased with one pair this year, I hope it was Bemidji.
                            edit: yep, these guys are really good. It makes the viewing so much better
                            Last edited by geezer; 03-12-2021, 07:34 PM.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Well the coach's after game comments were not my favorite part of last night.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but on a 2 on 1, isn't the defenseman's job to take away the pass and let the goalie have the shooter? We did not do that last night and we have not done that over many games this season.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 03-13-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Correct MS---Goalie sells out on shooter and reacts to pass. The guy with the puck is priority 1, 2 and 3 for goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X