Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Quiet place. Another good win by the team last night. I'm not sure how good this team is, I suppose we'll know more after this weekend.

Does Dirk travel with the team this year or will he call it remotely like so many media are doing this year?
    Dirk will be at BG this weekend. He has been at every road game so far.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 01-28-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• This is great - Tech’s first hockey game (and dance) was 100 years ago today “single ladies $.50 after 9:00!”
      https://mobile.twitter.com/mtuhky/st...35937686921216
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
        This is great - Tech’s first hockey game (and dance) was 100 years ago today “single ladies $.50 after 9:00!”
        https://mobile.twitter.com/mtuhky/st...35937686921216
        Better yet is they beat the skunkheads 3-0. (Is skunkheads supposed to have a hyphen?) LOL

Comment

• Well tonight I though BG deserved to win but.... the 5th Bg goal was on a pp which for the life of me I could not determine what was done.... Tech's PK was terrible.... sinclair didn't deserve what his team did to him... And the BG announcers... do they just have to bring up joe's rant from a month ago. Are we going to hear that every game from here on? I thought that was unprofessional.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Well tonight I though BG deserved to win but.... the 5th Bg goal was on a pp which for the life of me I could not determine what was done.... Tech's PK was terrible.... sinclair didn't deserve what his team did to him... And the BG announcers... do they just have to bring up joe's rant from a month ago. Are we going to hear that every game from here on? I thought that was unprofessional.
            Exactly. BG has students doing the broadcasts. It's Ryan's third year and I'm wondering if he will ever graduate (please!). He says words.
            Go Falcons!

Comment

• We need some discipline. At least until the PK is off of tilt. A few bad calls, but they will even out.

BG was much faster with passes. Playing the big boys second half, our play making speed needs to pick up. A lot.

I’d like to see Thorne up front for awhile. He likes to step up in the play, and we need to jump start some offense. And he has had a few give-aways in our end.
              Go Huskies!

Comment

• different night but a much different game if you ask me. Tech had a lot more jump and I thought was much the better team until they got called for penalty after penalty in the 2ed.. I'm not sure the refs were watching the same game I was watching. And with how good BG's pp is, it's tough. Our guys got tired from all the chasing and gave it a good try after that. . I thought the 4th goal, the shorty, was very unfortunate. our point man gets knocked down on what should have been called, resulting in a 2 on 1 and scored. We on the other had were out of position and should have been able to defend it better.
                I also thought this was BG's best series of the year, I've watched all their games that I could and they were much sharper tonight than most of the previous games. I thought Tech was better than the score by a lot. They showed still some rust from the layoff and not having played anyone good in 6 weeks, even so at times though they were really good.. But... Too many turnovers and mistakes marred an otherwise good performance though they could have done better on the pk and on face-offs.
                If we get them again at some point I expect a closer and more competitive game. I would still say that Mankato is the class of the league.

I thought the Buckley penalty was a result of losing discipline, I don't think he intended to knee the guy but they were looking to call something on that play imho. I have no idea why our third goal, which looked fine to me, was called back, I saw nothing going on, I'm sure Mosley was totally in the dark as to what he supposedly did. the trip though, was a trip for sure. Our pp needs to do better and credit to Bg for a good pk. It has not been that good thus far this year until now.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  different night but a much different game if you ask me. Tech had a lot more jump and I thought was much the better team until they got called for penalty after penalty in the 2ed.. I'm not sure the refs were watching the same game I was watching. And with how good BG's pp is, it's tough. Our guys got tired from all the chasing and gave it a good try after that. . I thought the 4th goal, the shorty, was very unfortunate. our point man gets knocked down on what should have been called, resulting in a 2 on 1 and scored. We on the other had were out of position and should have been able to defend it better.
                  I also thought this was BG's best series of the year, I've watched all their games that I could and they were much sharper tonight than most of the previous games. I thought Tech was better than the score by a lot. They showed still some rust from the layoff and not having played anyone good in 6 weeks, even so at times though they were really good.. But... Too many turnovers and mistakes marred an otherwise good performance though they could have done better on the pk and on face-offs.
                  If we get them again at some point I expect a closer and more competitive game. I would still say that Mankato is the class of the league.

I thought the Buckley penalty was a result of losing discipline, I don't think he intended to knee the guy but they were looking to call something on that play imho. I have no idea why our third goal, which looked fine to me, was called back, I saw nothing going on, I'm sure Mosley was totally in the dark as to what he supposedly did. the trip though, was a trip for sure. Our pp needs to do better and credit to Bg for a good pk. It has not been that good thus far this year until now.
                  I think BG's best series was their road sweep at Quinnipiac. BG played much better tonight defensively. We were sloppy yesterday and needed Eric Dop to play well in goal. Today, despite the closer score I thought we looked better. BG and Tech are both strong in goal. BG and Tech are both usually solid defensive teams. I think that BG is the better offensive team and that was the difference in the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post

I think BG's best series was their road sweep at Quinnipiac. BG played much better tonight defensively. We were sloppy yesterday and needed Eric Dop to play well in goal. Today, despite the closer score I thought we looked better. BG and Tech are both strong in goal. BG and Tech are both usually solid defensive teams. I think that BG is the better offensive team and that was the difference in the series.
                    Could be .. the long covid layoff hurt Tech and all the players are not even back yet. I agree that the second game was better played on both sides. I thought BG was flat the first period though. they played better after that, and the PK and PP are much improved over earlier in the year. Tech was a better team right before Christmas than now by quite a bit.

Comment

• Those alternate sweaters with the prison stripes are pretty cool.
                      What is that small diagram just at the top of the sleeve?
                      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• anyone know when kyle kukkonen (maple grove, mn) is arriving on campus? nice article.

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_art...E6EZ3Egykc50ag
                        Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          Those alternate sweaters with the prison stripes are pretty cool.
                          That's the wordmark of the Michigan College of Mines, the original name of Michigan Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                            Those alternate sweaters with the prison stripes are pretty cool.
                            Here is a close up image:
                            https://twitter.com/MTUEquip/status/...273409/photo/2

A short history video:
                            https://twitter.com/mtuhky/status/1326235957213884421
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• One more thing about this last last weekend. A skill that BG is particularly good at is deflecting the puck in front of the net. We could do that better.

Comment

• Tech played a much better game tonight against Ferris. We dominated play at times, and the PP looked good. Happy that our forwards had a good night. Not sure how this was a 1 goal game at the end...
                                Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                                X