Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StevieYnot View Post
    Tech adds another in-season addition. 5ft 11in 185 pound forward Ryland Mosley out of Arnprior, Ontario. Played for Carleton Place Canadians. Former teammate of Brett Thorne.
    The CCHL isn't playing and this season doesn't count against his four years of eligibility, so...makes sense to bring him in to at least practice with the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      John MacInnes was someone with a very even keel. He never, to my knowledge anyway, lost control.
      I may be about to shock you.

Thanks to some exhaustive research to find all existing film and video of Tech hockey, I stumbled on this clip from 1974 courtesy of the archives at Notre Dame. As a setup to the clip, the Huskies had just given up a very late goal to the Irish as the second period ended. When the teams left the ice at the Joyce Center, John MacInnes entered the ice surface to "discuss" it with the referee. He's rocking the sideburns too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZ5...w?usp=drivesdk

It's by no means a screaming fit, but certainly not what you'd expect .
      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 01-21-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Sounds as if Lake State has some Covid issues which may affect this weekend. FFS

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

I may be about to shock you.

Thanks to some exhaustive research to find all existing film and video of Tech hockey, I stumbled on this clip from 1974 courtesy of the archives at Notre Dame. As a setup to the clip, the Huskies had just given up a very late goal to the Irish as the second period ended. When the teams left the ice at the Joyce Center, John MacInnes entered the ice surface to "discuss" it with the referee. He's rocking the sideburns too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZ5...w?usp=drivesdk

It's by no means a screaming fit, but certainly not what you'd expect .
          Was that Nahrgang in the background?

and not surprised about LSSU in the least.

MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Was that Nahrgang in the background?
            Nahrgang was on the roster since this was his senior year. But the defenseman wearing #22 is Bruce Abbey.

Comment

• Just thinking out loud and with no knowledge of anything other than NMU is off due to UAH's covid issues... could we have a surprise MTU vs NMU game if LSSU can't play???

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                Just thinking out loud and with no knowledge of anything other than NMU is off due to UAH's covid issues... could we have a surprise MTU vs NMU game if LSSU can't play???
                By chance, do you have the PowerBall numbers for the Saturday night drawing you could forward me?

https://www.facebook.com/michigantec...0718070307054/
                Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 01-22-2021, 05:42 PM.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Kyle Kukkonen has a C rating (4th-6th round candidate) on today's updated NHL Central Scouting 20-21 Players to Watch List.

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/a...-file/file.pdf

Comment

• I thought tonights game was sloppy, which I guess is to be expected but I hope it gets better. it's like we are back to how we played vs LSSU the first week. Sinclair was excellent.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Pretty easy to see the impact Phillips has been having on the goalies. Good to see Ashbrook step right in and get his first one as a Husky after not playing a game in months. Team still can't figure out how to put the puck in the net often enough though.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Pretty easy to see the impact Phillips has been having on the goalies. Good to see Ashbrook step right in and get his first one as a Husky after not playing a game in months. Team still can't figure out how to put the puck in the net often enough though.
                        Ashbrook did play the second game against UAH, so he wasn't a true debutant. Wondering how much the lineup is shuffled for Monday, especially since the team is not returning after they leave for BG. Have to think there will be some changes on the 4th (or even 3rd) line to keep things fresh, and maybe a new D pairing as well. The BG series is looming large, but of course it is still a game against Northern.

Incidentally, Tech is on its first ever 5 game win streak in Marquette in program history. A win Monday night would push it to a half dozen, and narrow the all-time series to 73-76-14.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Pretty easy to see the impact Phillips has been having on the goalies. Good to see Ashbrook step right in and get his first one as a Husky after not playing a game in months. Team still can't figure out how to put the puck in the net often enough though.
                          Jamie is on track to have a great career in coaching.

Comment

• Quiet place. Another good win by the team last night. I'm not sure how good this team is, I suppose we'll know more after this weekend.

Does Dirk travel with the team this year or will he call it remotely like so many media are doing this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              Quiet place. Another good win by the team last night. I'm not sure how good this team is, I suppose we'll know more after this weekend.

Does Dirk travel with the team this year or will he call it remotely like so many media are doing this year?
                              I know Brian Schultz for the Beavers cannot travel with the team since he is not tested multiple times of the week like the team is. He has to make all of his own travel arrangements this year.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• A lot hinges on this weekend at Bowling Green. It seems Bemidji figured out how to box them out and shut down their offense, but that was also a road series for BG.

Comment

Working...
                                X